Thread: I'd like a proper Double-Rank Fire

Monsieur Ney's Avatar Laetus

Icon8 I'd like a proper Double-Rank Fire

Hello everyone on TW Center,

I'm a Marechal d'Empire from Italy, I must congratulate with this great huge forum and the helpful contents I already found, but I think it still lacks in something. I think NTW it's quite underestimated and I was looking in vain for some more improvement for ignored basic problems.
    For example, is there, after all these years, a way, to make ONLY the first rank KNEEL when firing whilst the other two standing? (For the line infantry of course..)
    I remember IMPERIAL GLORY (of Pyro Studios) when I laid line infanty in proper double rank fire formations,while I fainted when realized CA didn't even consider it.
    I 've searching for weeks, hours after hours, swearing in French and sweating like a grenadier, in this forum, in Russian forums (hell yeah), and in many others, and I didn't found yet solution.
    I used PFM to find out where the heck were the hidden scripts which define the actual abilities (like rank_fire, mass_fire, platoon ect.) but i found only unuseful animation lists, whence it seems impossible to control only the first ranks of formations. I'm fond of this game, but I got to solve this, by editing the abilities scripts or maybe create one myself, to make the game identify this bloody-first-rank. I've tried everything, like editing units tables, modifying animation lists, deleting other ones, but Nichts. Is it possible no one managed so far to do it?
    Could you help me please?
    CA wanted to deprive us of possibility for deeper game improvements.

Monsieur Ney's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: I'd like a proper Double-Rank Fire

Ok I declare this thread closed. I thought Moderators could never let me write in this manner.I rewrote this post in a more polite and clearer way. Could you Moderators delete this post please??