Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The thread about epic battles and other things in Hyrule: Total War

Default The thread about epic battles and other things in Hyrule: Total War

Be heartly greated all thou who enter this thread!

This thread is dedicated for all those who want to share their experiences in the world of Hyrule: Total War with the community. Here you can post all things that occupy your minds while figthing for the survival of your faction in Hyrule. Be it reports of epic and glorious battles you won/lost, happenings while oyur campaign you find funny/strange enough to share or find yourself in a tricky situation and want to ask other players for help, watherver it is here you are at the right place!

For conclusion let me stress that this thread only will work with activity of the community.
    I would be lucky if this thread will just get half the popularity as the “Arc 5 (Continental): Hearts, Minds, and Souls” and the “HTW RP OOC - Part 2” threads get.^^

So as I´m the opener of this thread, allow me to make the first report of an epic battle in H:TW 4.1.

Who was involved: Kingdome of Hyrule vs Gohma

Troop count:
    KoH - Princess Zelda V., 4x Kingdome Crossbowmen, 3x Castleguards, 2x Hyrulean Knights, 1x Kingdome Infantry
    Gohma – 4x Gohma tanks, 4x Gohma larvae

What happened:
    A medium gohma host had laid siege to Audorn that was under the command of Link. As the gohma had captured Snowpeak Manor from Lanayru Province several turns ago, now a reinforcement army of 8 regiments unknown types marched untested through the wizzrobe territory of Vigjaro and would have fused with the sieging army next turn. Her Highness Princess Tetralyna Zelda V. couldn´t let this happen and decided to intercept this reinforcment, although still on neutral wizzrobe territory, and march afterwards to Audorn. Taking all the regiments available in Hyrule Prime, except the one Town Watch, Zelda V. attacked the Gohma. At the engagement she had to realise that there were 20 Gohma tanks backing up the larvaes! Therfore she ordered the Crossbowmen to concentrate on the tanks and put the infantry (castleguards in shield wall) in front of them. With her loyal bodyguard she went into a flanking position to ride down the larvaes. But alas, right after the battle had begun the men´s moral got a heavy blow! The barve flanking manoevre turned out to be a deadly move because nearly immediately after charging in the larvaes 5 tanks came to their aide. Within minutes the proud bodyguard was turned into blody shreds by the mandibles of the gohma. The Princess herselfe only could escape because of an heroic act of selfsacrifice by one of her knights, who charged into a tank that otherwise would have dvoured our beloved Princess. With 7 knights remaining she managed to get out of the fight, chased by the five tanks. But if it wouldn´t be enough suffering for the moral of our brave men, to see their beloved Princess chased around by some filthy oversized bugs, the other 15 tanks were having their fun, if such vile beasts know such a feeling, by breaking through the steady line of infantry and attacking our crossbowmen. The Infantry and Cosswobmen did their best, but thetanks took to less damage and only 4 were slain. Therfore the moral of our men, thought strong, started to fall. Who wouldn´t lose his heart with massive bugs in your back, devouring your comrades, and in front of you small bugs, trying to jump into your face?! But in this hopless situation the candle of hope was lighted again! Her Highness, our beloved Princess Tetralyna Zelda V., and her remaining 7 knights charged bravely back into the fight. Using her mighty ability our Princess stroke terror into the hearts of the tanks. One by one the tanks started to route, although just for a short time, this gave our Crossbowmen the needed time to shoot them and so every time the tanks routed we shot several of them till there were no tanks left. After the tanks were gone Princess and Crossbwomen could aid our sadly heavily beaten up Infantry and start the onlsaught under the larvaes.
    We won the day, but to what cost? 75% of the army lied slain on the battlefield. So right after the battle her Highness ordered the dead to be burried, and prayed to the Goddesses that they may help Link in Audorn, because she hadn´t anymore enough men to aid him. But this battle had taught her a lesson. Immediately after returning in Hyrule Prime she permitted the funds for the construction of a siege workshop.

Hope you enjoyed this little battle report. I wouldn´t dare to figth this battle again, I had to much luck to stress it a second time! ;P
    Last edited by Don Juan_de_Austria; July 31, 2016 at 02:45 AM.
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

Default Re: The thread about epic battles and other things in Hyrule: Total War

Serious guys? 90 views and no one of those had even one battle he want´s to share with community?!

Think of this thread as a comfortable tavern were old Generals sit, have a good drink and chat about what glorious battles they once fought , like Link and Ilia in one of Nephs loading screens! This thread could be a warm and comfy place, like in this loading screen, so take yourself a heart and tell a story!

Maybe you got scared by the style of my first battledescription? If that´s the case, don´t be, you must not write this way!

A battle I fought in H:TW 3.6.

Who was involved: Kingdome of Hyrule vs Deku Tribes

Troop count:
    KoH: fullstack
    Deku: one fullstack and a halfstack

What happened:
    As the Huskus had merged with my Kingdome I had garrisioned Palagard´s Sanctuary with an army of Huskus. One turn, suddenly, the Deku declared war on me, and laid siege to the Sanctuary. In the battle my Huskus did a very good job in melee but suffered terrible losses due to the ranged attacks of the Deku units that weren´t engaged in melee. At the end of the day I had lost several Huskus Warrior Caste and one Huskus Forest Knight regiments, but I drove the Deku into retreat. It was pretty nice from the Deku not to attack before my army was replenisht again.^^

Soron's Avatar Tiro
    Throne room, in a castle, on a floating island, Somewhere on the flat Earth.

I had 1 damaged town guard unit.

the ennemy was a complete army of gohma attacking my capital.

i said ¨f¨ck it¨

I openned the consode and wrote ¨autowin defender¨ and went autoresolve.

i won!

Here is my epic battle.

I can't remember the last Epic battle I fought. I think that's my Problem.

XVM Dragon's Avatar Libertus

Well, I have a few foggy memories which I could share. The first one is the great battles of Aidaidorf.

I was representing the mighty Cliff Lords and making sure they won their wars with the Gerudo and the Gohma. We had recently taken The Spirit Temple from the Gerudo, making heavy use of Vaati's supernatural abilities to near single handedly slaughter the hefty Gerudo garrison, defiling the holy place in the process. The battle was won and Vaati left as fast as he arrived, leaving a small group from his personal forces to garrison the temple, intending to reinforce them at a later date. Significant reinforcements did not arrive in time. This small garrison of about 16 Adepts, 100 Initiates (5 Groups) and 80 Keaton Mercenaries (2 Groups) elected a Legion Head to command the defenders since a General was not present. I don't remember his name, as there were more to follow. Being a vital strategic location for the Gerudo they hastily launched a counterattack in an attempt to retake the location. They sent a full, powerful army led by one of their generals, backed up by two catapult batteries (I assume they brought these to make defending the temple easier, after they had taken it). They launched the attack pushing forward, meeting no resistance from the darknuts until they reached the main temple hall, where they were greeted by a wall of angry adolescent Darknuts with no option but to fight for their lives. The battle was long and hard, with 30 Initiates already lost, however the Darknuts made good use of the tight corridors that limited the number advantage that the gerudo brought. Eventually the Gerudo broke, which was probably sparked by the loss of a full group of iron knuckles, and the deaths of hundreds of their sisters. As the women ran for their lives, they were met with the sight of their destroyed catapults, the corpses littered about, with a few bodies brandishing 3 yellow tails from the rear. That's when the Keatons struck with their ambush. They were bloody and tired after the fight at the catapults, but the fleeing gerudo provided no match for the Cartel's finest. They cut them down, even capturing the Gerudo general, chasing the women away from the temple that was once theirs. The battle was won, the youths of Ontheon had held against the Gerudo horde, but not without losses. 40 Darknuts lay dead, including the Legion Head that was appointed. The Keatons suffered casualties also, they lost 25 at the battle for the catapults. The captured Gerudo were released, including the Ashinon General, in order to keep with Darknut codes of honour.

The victory was short lived however as, a large Gohma swarm approached on the horizon, laying siege to the temple, offering no respite to the surviving Darknuts. There was good news to be had in the meantime, as the recent counterattack had left the Gerudo capital of Ashinon vulnerable. This allowed Vaati (and its bodyguards) to assault the City after some failed peace negotiations, and eliminate Emperor Ganondorf, along with his small defencive army. Vaati completely ignored Darknut code and killed the survivors from the recent battle at Aidaidorf, as they refused to surrender. This mighty blow to the Gerudo marked the end of their offensive, as Nabooru called for her armies to defend the settlements that the nation had left.

Back at the second siege of Aidaidorf, the situation was bleak. A new Legion Head was appointed and the swarm advanced. Maintaining the same strategy as before, the Darknuts managed to hold against the endless waves of Gohma Larvae, but whenever the insects broke, another group took their place. 20 Darknuts and the Legion Head fell before the Lead Gohma Queen was slain and insects fell back, having lost 600 out of their 1000. It was another glorious Darknut victory, though short lived as a small group of Gohma (around 200) revived the siege. Once again the Darknuts held, this time only losing 5 of their own. The constant struggle of these forces was noticed by Zalunbar, who promoted the current Legion Head to an Army Head. Reinforcements were also sent. Some Dishonoured, a few groups of Adepts and a group of Keaton Marksmen were a welcome sight to the defenders of Aidaidorf.

The newly reinforced defenders managed to hold against 3 more Gohma sieges, slaying and routing thousands of Gohma, with the only big Cliff Lord casualties being the Dishonoured after they made a noble sacrifice to take out two Gohma Tanks. But unfortunately it was not enough. The fourth siege was enacted, with two full Gohma armies present, bringing 6 tanks each. The Darknuts could have held if it were not for the tanks. They plowed through the armoured lines, walking over the mighty warriors as if they were nothing, allowing the horde of smaller insects to break through and overwhelm the defenders. The marksmen tried their hardest to take out the beasts, but they too were overwhelmed. The Darknut general made a final stand in the main hall, slaying the packs of queens that charged them, but eventually they fell. There were no survivors, no prisoners to bargain for. They all fell for the honour of the Darknuts.

Hope was not lost however. The constant sieges at Aidaidorf had allowed the Darknuts to form two substantial armies, one led by a confident army head who was stationed at Wynalodorf, the other was led by Vaati in Parapa. With an organised pincer movement, the whole of Misery Mire was conquered ,razed and abandoned, leaving nothing behind. Even the Fallen Sage Sulkaris and the Gohmas mighty Matriarch, fell to the Legions advance. With the Gohmas only remaining hive being at Aidaidorf, it was time to avenge the fallen defenders. The siege was short but brutal. The initial Gohma defenders positioned outside the temple were wiped out by Vaati alone. As the fight went inwards, Keaton Saboteurs were positioned along the walls lining the inside of the temple, raining explosives down on the defensive chokepoints. Moving towards the centre hall, the melee forces had to wait for the saboteurs to take out the Gohma Tanks, or they would meet the same fate as before. When the last tank was rendered to a charred, smoking pile of chitin and ichor by the chemical explosives, the attackers pushed forward. The defence was kind of pitiful, with vaati making gaps for the Darknut infantry to take advantage of, the fight was over sharpish. With the Gohma eradicated, and the Gerudo suppressed the battles of Aidaidorf were finally over.
    Last edited by XVM Dragon; August 02, 2016 at 01:05 PM.

Yay! Finally some life in here!^^ Foggy memoreis shouldn´t be a reason not to share your battles with others. The foggier the memory, the more room for good old ocean tales to fill the memorie-gaps!
    And as it happens, I´m back with a nother battle.

Who was involved: Kingdome of Hyrule vs Forces of Twilight (Twili)

Troop count:
    KoH – General Kalian and his Ironclads, 2x Kingdome Crossbowmen, 2x Mounted Recruits, 3x Kingdome Infantry, 7x Sword Recruits, 1x Town Guard, 1x Hylian Trebuchet, 1x Repeater Crossbow, 1x Castle Guard (83 men)

Twili – Lady Middee and her Bonemold Monks, 7x Twili infantry, 4x Bonemold Monks, 1x Sorceresses, 1x Shadow Insects

What happened:
    After the conquerors of Ayloch, General Halian and General Yohansen were asssasinated by Gerudo Dancers ( I know that Gerudo, according to Neph´s guide, shouldn´t have assasins, but that doesen´t change the fact that my loyal Generals were assasinated by three-tailed foxes called “Gerudo Dancer´s”) during a public festival, held to celebrate their victory over the last remaining twin-witch Kotake in their defense of Ayloch. After their tragic and sudden death, due to iron overload in their bodys, his Eminence Sage Rauru depatched his right-hand General Kalian with one regiment of Castle Guards and the fresh constructed Trebuchets and Repeater Crossbows to reinforce Ayloch. But as the scouts reported, that the city of Hasanadorf was weak garrisoned, only one Gerudo General and her bodyguards maintained order, Kalian decided to conquer the city and secure the south-western border of Ayloch. After a short but fierce fight Hasanadorf was brought unto rule of our great Kingdome and our beloved Princess Zelda V.
    The damaged buildings were´nt even repaired when scout´s reported that a Twili army was marching from Arbiter Grounds onto Hasanadorf. General Kalian send to Ayloch for reinforcements, which arrived and passed the city gates, the moment the Twili army was in sight.
    The enemy General, Lady Middee, declared, that his Majesty King Zant declares war upon the Kingdome of Hyrle, following the call for aid from his allies the Gerudo and the Gohma, and that General Kalian had one day to surrender totally and lead his men into Twili captivity, if a storm on the city would be necessary, every soldier would be executed. Ofcourse our noble General Kalian refused, like every true Hylian would have done, this hauthy and hybrical (I mean the adjectiveform of Hybris) demand!
    And so Lady Middee prepared for the storm and laid siege to Hasanadorf. After a couple of weeks one batteringram, eight ladders and one siegetower were finished and the attack began.
    General Kalian put the Crossbowmen on the walls to shoot the Shadow insects pushing the tower and send out his Mounted Recruits, which were trained by Lady Malorn of Lon Lon Ranch herself, to take care of those Sorceresses, the rest of the Infanty was positioned behind the gate or to defend against the ladders. The Trebuchet weren´t usable because the operating crew was struck by illness and the Repeater Crossbows just would have shot their own men, therfore both remained on the plaza.
    After the opening moves, when the first enemy contact happened, nothing went as our brave General had planned. The siege tower protected the Shadow Insects against our shots so that the Crossbowmen had to leave the walls and take position behind the Infanty. The batteringram broke much to quick through our gate, our technicans suspect that it was enchanted by some kind of foul Twili magic!, so that the reforming Crossbowmen suffered some losses by the hands of the instorming Twili. But of all this tragic effents, the most terrific thing failure was that of our Cavalry! General Kalian had divided them send through the West- and the Eastgate with the order to take out the Sorceresses. The Westgate regiment met them first, or better would have met them first if they wouldn´t have been intercepted by a regiment of Twili Infantry wich slaughtered 51 of the 60 men, this would have sen every other regiment to route but our heroic men remained and just got some space between them and the spears of their enemies. After this first attempt to take out the Sorceresses Lady Middee placed two remigments of Twili Infantry around them, so that all the Eastgate regiment could for now achive was the decimation of one Bonemold Regiment. The Sorceresses proofed to be far more dangerous as General Kalian had feared. They fired magic-energyballs high over the wall, right into the mass of our soldiers fighting the inswarming Twili behind the gate, causing high causalitis in the ranks of our valiant men.
    The only positive happening was that the Crossbowmen managed to take out the Shadow Insects, which had turned out to be a big threat to our Infantry.
    But then, when defeat seemed to be at the very hand, Lady Middee made a terrible mistake! Desperate to brake quickly through the, mostly by the magic bombardement, thinnedout lines of our men she order her reserves to storm into the city. But they had till now guarded the Sorceresses. With these guards gone both reigments of Mounted Recruits charged onto the Sorceresses, which showed that they where surprisingly capable to defend themselfes in melee! After the magic bomardement had stopped our Cavalry rushed into the backs of the fithing Twili, hitting the Bodyguards of Lady Midee with full impetus. The crushing of her bodyguard produced the, later as false proofen, rumor that she had been slayed and her troops started to route. Despite the inmediatley starting hunt, Lady Middee and some Twili soldiers managed to escape and retreate to Arbiter Grounds.
    Short after this siege a messenger arrived with orders from our beloved Princess Zelda V. to errect a base in Hasanadorf for the campaign to conquest the Gerudo capital Ashinon and the whole of the Gerudo desert.
    Last edited by Don Juan_de_Austria; August 05, 2016 at 04:14 AM.

Found this in an old AAR I'd started ages ago. I had done up some screenshots to resemble commemorative watercolours, but lost the HTW version before I could get round to contributing sketches and diagrams. This save might even have been pre-4.0, too - the pre-balance stats still reigned at this point.

While the troops numbers and qualities aren't anything special in this fight, I still remember the panic as 100% of the enemy's remaining forces dropped what they were doing and bumrushed my one-squad flanking force. Sieges in M2TW always have the potential to turn into a tense ongoing slogging match, in which all you can do is batter away at the enemy's tattered remnants again and again...

Who was involved: Zora Dominion vs Deku Monkeys (Rebels)

Troop count: 4x Zora Infantry (inc. General), 1x Mage Cannons, 1x Octorok Riders vs Unknown (6-8) Deku Monkeys

What happened:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The reports from the Battle for Turongo Village (as it is now known) are now in the hands of the libraries. While it is Admiral Telara's task to collate the names and begin informing families, it is my role to summarise the battle's events.

[diagram]
    Map of Turongo as it once stood.

There was little chance to properly besiege the village proper, not only because of the transient nature of the palisade wall protecting it but because of the freshly built battery of Mage Cannons accompanying Valuto's Brigade. With the aid of a specially trained corps of mages, the four cannons could force tremendous amounts of electrical energy into a wheeled sapphire capable of focusing and amplifying that force on its way to a city gate or close-packed battle line. Finally a contingent of Octorok Riders had very recently made their way to the main bulk of the offensive force, offering the Admiral a devastating charge should the Deku Monkeys present a weak point.
    Valuto decided upon two key contingents of the army; one main force to draw the enemy into a direct engagement, and one smaller force consisting entirely of 3rd Infantry Battalion. The brigade waited in force on the northern side of the village and presented their challenge while 3rd Battalion made it into position to the east. The simians entered something approaching battle order and the battle proper began.

Mage Cannons firing upon the palisade.

Using the positions of the monkeys' crude standards as targets, the Mage Cannons began their preliminary bombardment. In the first and second barrages most of the bolts passed harmlessly overhead or around the monkeys themselves, instead tearing apart buildings and shattering the perimeter wall in three separate points. The third and final volley managed to score horrific gashes in the Deku Monkeys' line, but only a twentieth of their force at most was fully incapacitated. 1st, 2nd and 4th Infantry Battalions then moved into a defensive position at the mouth of one of the breaches.

While the native forces were distracted, and a contingent of apes watching 3rd Infantry Battalion began moving northward to help plug the various still-smoking breaches, the eastern assault began in earnest. 3rd Battalion successfully opened the palisade at an undefended location before moving inward in a perfectly synchronised schiltrom. One band of monkeys approached them and were thrown back with ease, retreating en masse toward the village's central meeting point.

Third Infantry Battalion employs their battering ram.

Meanwhile Valuto's personal guard, flanked by 2nd and 4th Battalions, converged on one large breaching location and assumed a combined Great Schiltrom. The bulk of the Deku Monkeys threw themselves at this unique formation from both the east and west perimeter roads. Armed to an ape with their crude but sturdy staffs the monkeys were outranged and outperformed in massed combat despite their ferocious nature and impetuous tactics.

With this attempt to surround the main infantry contingent, however, the balance of monkeys had left the easternmost breach unguarded. The Sapphire Captain commanding the Octorok Riders gave the order to enter the village and charge the unprotected rear of the easternmost Deku Monkeys. The effect of the charge was by all accounts phenomenal, simians sent hurtling through the air or simply crushed beneath the flippers of the BigOctos. It was several seconds before the monkeys at the leading edge of the Schiltrom realised they had been outmanoeuvred, but when panic spread through their undisciplined ranks it also reached the native counter-attack on the other side. Soon every Deku Monkey was fleeing en masse. Valuto took the opportunity to reorganise, reform her ranks and begin bearing down upon the square at the heart of Turongo.

The Deku Monkeys in disarray after receiving the charge of the Octoroks.

3rd Battalion, not to be outdone, waited by an intersection for the next counterattack. As they prepared to meet the Deku Monkeys' violent if ragged charge, however, the Octorok Riders bore down the intersection and neatly intersected the mammals' line of attack. When the remaining monkeys managed to stand up and flee, the intersection had been taken and only a short, filth-stained road stood between 3rd Battalion and the keystone of the Deku Monkey defence.

With 3rd Infantry Battalion cutting off the eastern edge of the square, and the other three Battalions holding the northern edge, the Admiral expected the remaining monkeys (still around two thirds of their original numbers) to flee along the western road and out into the untamed forests. The monkeys, however, turned savagely and with their whole number on 3rd Battalion. The brave volunteers stood in unbroken lines to stay the sudden attack, but the incoming Monkeys had the advantage of reckless violence, desperation and sheer force of numbers. Every fallen Zora took two or three of the beasts with him, but even then there were apes to spare.

Horrified at the sudden change in events, Valuto personally led a charge into the square to draw attention away from the beleaguered detachment. Many of the monkeys turned to engage her contingent, but enough remained committed to eliminate 3rd Battalion entirely. The Octoroks in turn circled the abandoned southern side of the settlement to trample the animals from the western edge.

[Sketch]
    The remnants of 3rd Infantry Battalion.

Over the next several minutes, many heroes and even more martyrs were made. The Octorok Riders made charge after glorious charge into the Deku Monkeys, Valuto’s men and women strode into the square to reap the remaining monkeys, and the remnants of 3rd Infantry Battalion fought on and on, past the edge of exhaustion, despite losses exceeding 80 percent, then 90. By the time the last few monkeys had been crushed under the shells of the Octoroks and struck down by infantrymen, only seven of the once 127-strong 3rd Infantry Battalion remained.

Nothing remained in the village, once Admiral Valuto had set up 2nd Infantry Battalion as sentries and collected the dead and wounded. It later transpired that every male and female had elected to try to kill the Zora from within their walls or had fled into the impenetrable deep woods to carve out a new home amongst the Deku Scrubs.

Faced with the squalor- and body-choked ruin that had once been Turongo Village, and horrified by the murderous tenacity of its former inhabitants, Valuto ordered the village razed to the ground and their original siege camp to be made the new village. Few of the Admiralty can blame her as of now.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

LordWahu's Avatar Civis

My most epic fight (that I can remember) was between the Zora and the Darknuts. This was 3.6, I think, definitely before the balancing update.

I was the Zora, and I had absorbed the Zuna through diplomacy. I had the default 3 crossbowmen, 3 merchantmen, as well as two units of mages, and I think a unit of Wardens. This was versus three stacks of Darknut mixed forces (a lot of dishonored and mercenaries). This battle was at the Zuna capitol, which has one major bug. If siege ladders go up, the people can't. My mages took out the three battering rams they had, but they put up some ladders. Because of this bug, three whole armies stood still while my mages picked them off. Eventually there was no one in range, so I ordered a team out of the gates. When the gates opened, the Darknuts charged the gates, but they were closed before the Darknuts could make it. At which point, they went back to being idle, and it became like shooting fish in a barrel. Which is amusing, because I was the fish. They kept attacking like that, until I eventually sent in an army that had to march all the way across the KOH to completely eliminate the Darknuts from the game.

MattAttack010's Avatar Foederatus

Who was involved Kingdom Of Ikana Vs Ordona Province

Troop Count:

Ikana 1 unit of boltmen 4 footmen, and 3 gatekeepers, Reinforcement's: 3 Trebuchets, 5 Footmen and 3 Noblemen.

Ordona 5 militiamen 3 Farmer archers Mayor Bo 5 lumberjacks and 2 goats.

Location In the middle of the fields

What Happened?

Ikanas men set up a defensive position while waiting for reinforcements to arrive ,ordona was moving in they're main attack force all the while keeping mayor bo in the back they get into range the bowmen take their first shot at their militiamen it does almost nothing the footmen charge at them while the boltmen reload the whole time just stalling waiting for the main force to arrive after losing most of their men ikana decides to fall back trying stall after waiting a little bit the reinforcements arrive they seemingly take ordona by surprise Ikanas reinforcments charge the ordonian army with the arrival of ikanas reinforcements ordona takes a defensive stance and sets up their archers ikanas original forces rejoin with the reinforcements they move all their troops into range, once the trebuchets are in range they open fire and at the same time ordona charges them while their archers stay back and fire volleys at ikanas men ,the trebuchets fall back while everyone else charges, the single unit of boltmen stays back and does what you would expect them to, try and pick off some off the enemy forces. when everyone does start engaging each other ordonas archers seem to be taking out more of their own men, while the bloodbath is happening ikana has their boltmen sneak around to the side and start firing at ordonas archers,back at the main fight ordona has took heavy causality's while ikana has suffered minimal losses ordonas troops begin to retreat, all of ikanas troops prioritize mayor bo but he was to quick luckily for ikana they retreated the exact way that the trebuchets were while retreating mayor bo took an unfortunate trebuchet shot ordona managed to get 2 heavily wounded unit of militiamen away and the victor was ikana.

Soron's Avatar Tiro
    Throne room, in a castle, on a floating island, Somewhere on the flat Earth.

Me (Haunts) vs Twili

Uzu, defensive position

Haunts: 4 damaged icy poes, some disiple of majora, bound and vengefull poes, all damaged too.

Twili: full army, many kagrarocks

I basically took advantage of the entrances with my icy poes and crushed them all in no time, 100 lost soldiers for 2000 killed.

(wow 1 line such a big explanation for such a big epic battle)

Vic, do you still remember the Ordona v Gerudo fight? :p

LordWahu's Avatar Civis

Version number: 4.2
    Armies involved: Sheikah (me): General, 3 shadow cannons, 4 zuna crossbowmen, 2 ghoul rats, 6 interrogators, and 1 Storm Zora Viper heavy infantry unit. Positon: Far Left corner of my deployment zone
    Darknut: Keaton Highwaymen, Gerudo Pirates, Zuna Merchantmen
    Darknut Reinforcement: Gerudo Pirates, Keaton Highwaymen, Senturion special hero: Position: My Rear
    Darknut Reinforcement: Large stack, w/ at least 1 pirate unit and one dishonored unit, mostly mercernaries: Position: Left Flank

I was positioned on a dune, with a tiered defensive line: Cannons highest, Interrogators lower, Rats in the front. Because I figured there would be reinforcements at my rear, I put the crossbowmen behind the cannons, and the vipers and general to protect them. The main army reached me first, but those who weren't cut down by the interrogators fell to the rats. I then repositioned the bulk of my army to face the army coming at my flank while detailing the zuna and vipers to deal with the pirates coming at my rear. I had kept my cannons from firing at the beginning, figuring I would save them for the largest group. When they opened fire, their army broke. They just completely shattered. I don't even think they got in range of the interrogators, and they certainly didn't get to the rats. As for my rear, the vipers had broken the pirates, and the crossbowmen were keeping Senturion suppressed. The general died to the crossbows, and the vipers finished breaking them. Result: Less than 10 dead on my side (one rat and a few vipers), Unyus captured (Senturion's army was beseiged when the other two armies tried to break him out), and three blocks of Darknut warriors broken, but not run down.

LordWahu's Avatar Civis

Another Epic Victory for the Cadre

Armies: Sheikah: Impa, Bongo-Bongo, Shiek, Hawkeye Archers, Devoured, Interrogators*5 (Two had one less person), Shadow Cannons*2, Truthbearers, Surveiors*2, Oocca Statues*2 (one only had 28 troops), and a walker cannon unit

Darknut: Keaton Highwaymen*2, Dishonored, Zuna Merchantmen
    Darknut Reinforcements: Keaton Highwaymen *2 (one damaged), Geurdo Pirates *4, Doomknockers *2, Dishonored *3, Mighties (2, but one only had 2 people), Zuna merchantmen, Daria Marauders *# (one damaged), Forest Thieves

The map was extremely cliffed. The Main block of Darknuts started in their usual area, while the reinforcements came from the top right corner. I expected them to come from the bottom left corner, and positioned myself appropiately.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	547.8 KB 
ID:	339984

I detailed my surveyors and Walker Cannons to deal with the attacking squad, while I rapidly re-positioned my main line. The picture shows a slight gap where there is none, so My people were extremely out of position

Name:	Battle 1.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	553.4 KB 
ID:	339983

Their front units quickly broke, so I began moving my Walker Cannons and Surveyors to begin harassing the largest enemy unit

Name:	Battle 2.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	574.2 KB 
ID:	339982

Name:	Battle 3.png 
Size:	545.9 KB 
ID:	339981

Name:	Picture2.png 
Size:	572.3 KB 
ID:	339976

Name:	Battle 4.png 
Size:	560.7 KB 
ID:	339980

My walkers began hammering their troops, and their troops kept marching on. My surveyors ended up getting caught by their march as they tried to run back to my lines.

Name:	Battle 5.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	554.9 KB 
ID:	339979

I ended up ordering my shadow cannons to fire a little too early, so they didn't do as much damage as previously. My interrogators damaged them, and once my walker cannons got behind them, they were quickly destroyed

Name:	Battle 6.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	573.9 KB 
ID:	339978

Name:	Battle 7.png 
Size:	561.3 KB 
ID:	339977

Result: A handful of surveyors and a devoured dead (The devoured died from the general chase afterwords). Much experience all around, and the last real Darknut army was destroyed.

First: Thanks to all who took their time and told some of their glorious battles. I hope that the absense of recent posts just means that no one has the time needed for writing or playing HTW and not that no one has enjoyed epic battles since!

Now let me try some little Necromancy and let us see if we could revive this thread! For sure a thread mit only 12 posts but 798 shouldn´t die without an attempt to save him. Hopefully this tavern will again be filled with generals and old veterans of war, boasting about what glorious fightes they survived! CHEERS!

Let me bring to your ears a new storie of my Kingdome of Hyrule campaign.

Who was involved: Kingdome of Hyrule vs Darknut Legion

Troop count:

KoH - General Galhansen and bodyguard, 5 Kingdome Crossbowmen (118, 90, 120, 105, 123 men), 3 Castleguards (121, 119, 120 men), 3 Hyrule Knights (48, 27, 34 men),
    2 Repeatercrossbows (39, 91 men), 1 Trebuchet (38 men)
    Total force: 1265 men under weapon

Darknut – Alrocron and bodyguard, 2 Daira Marauders, 2 Gerudo Pirates, 2 Keaton Highwaymen, 2 Tokay Hunters, 1 Migthies

Captain Farocron, 7 Keaton Highwaymen, 2 Gerudo Pirates (125, 107 women), 3 Forest Thieves (125, 80, 9 Kokiri), 1 Rouge Hylian Soldiers, 1 Mighties, 2 Daira Marauders (9, 4 Daira)

Captain Vicoron, 6 Keaton Highwaymen, 2 Gerudo Pirates, 2 Daira Marauders, 1 Tokay Hunter, 3 Migthies, 2 Dishonored
    Total force: 3817 men, women and beast´s under weapon

What happened:
    The conquest of the Gerudo desert had went good till this point. Our beloved Princess Zelda Tetranelda V. had marched out to conquer the Spirit temple at Aidaidorf, setting General Malacia in charge of the defence of Hyrule Prime. After Aidaidorf was taken by our beloved Princess, the last allie of the Gerudo declared war onto us, the Darknut Legion.
    One of their armies attacked the Spirit temple by surprise, but was defeated by the bravery and courage of our beloved Princess. In hope, that, once the Gerudo were anihilated, their allies would agree to a treaty our beloved Princess took all her forces and marched against the last hold out of the Gerudo and seat of Emperor Ganondorf, a fortified camp near Paladorf.
    In a fierce siege battle Ganondorf and all his troops were slain and the desert-crown was merged with the high-crown of Hyrule. But despite the good news about the end of the Gerudo war, there were sadly much more bad news to be running through the streets of our kingdome cities...

Firstly: Our allies, the halfbreeds of the Lanayru Province had ultimatley lost their struggle for freedom, beeing crushed by constant attackes of the Gohma and the Gorons from two sides. General Malachias managed, due to a surprise attack with all the forces remaining in Hyrule Prime, to take Snowpeak-manor and Rutolan from the Gohma for the price of beeing now exposed to constant Gohma raids.

Secondly: Neither the Twili nor the Legion was accepting our peace offers, but were assembling further troops to send against us.

And thirtly the most terrific news were that two new enemies were sending their armies against us: The unholly bones of the Kingdome of Ikana had expanded through the whole moblin territory, making them their vasalls, and where now attaking Avielods Watch, therby binding reinforcments meant to go to the western Darknut frontline. And if this wouldn´t be enough, our homeland cities were attacked by troops of Ordona Province. Our longest and bravest allie had betrayed us, now trampeling down our crops!

In this situation our beloved Princess prayed to the Godesses for stenght and wisdome, and decided to give the supreme command in defence of the hylian homeland to his Eminence Sage Rauru and her father King Kazakk and to etablish an easy defendable base at the western front. Her choice felt on Zunayus. As public order requiered her to stay in Paladorf she send her second in command General Galhansen with most of the troops out to capture Zunayus.
    Little did our beloved Princess knew that she was sending them right into the biggest battle our kingdome ever had fougth....

As soon as our army arrived at Zunayus, General Galhansen send emissaries to offer the Daeknut garrison a secure retreat, but Legioncommander Alrocron rejected this offer, because such act would have been a show of cowardness. After several weeks of the siege, our spies reported to General Galhansen that several Daknut armies were marching towards Zunayus. Receifing this information General Galhansen brought all his forces onto a slope of one of the mountains in the south of Zunayus, establishing a defensive position. Some days later the two bigger Darknut reinfocment-armies arrived. In the following coucil of war their commanders, Captain Farocron and Vicoron, and the subordinates of Alrocron pressed for a quick attack on our forces, Alrocron pledged to wait until the other armies would arrive, but found no support and was therfore overvoted. The next day the darknut forces started their approach on our positions.

What made Galhansen a headache wasn´t the quality of the Darknut troops, for his spies had reported to him that most were cheap mercenaries, but their numbers. He knew, that if the Darknut would manage to go into close combat with all their forces, his men would be overrun, therfore he planned to take advantage of his superior firepower. Galhansen put his Trebuchets on a cliff on his right flank so that they cold fire wide into the plain and hit the approaching Darknuts, while he leaned his left flank at the towering cliffs on the other side. The Repeatercrossbows where put on the highest point of some rising ground, stretching over the whole front, so that they could fire over the heads of our Infantry. A little bit lower, for the same reason, the Crossbowmen where positioned and at the “slope” Castleguards and Knights took position. Galhansen himself stood behind the Repeatercrossbows so he could oversee the battlelines but also to be ready to react if some Darknut´s would climbe the slope in the back of his army. With this formation Galhansen hoped to inflict enough damage so that the mercenaries would start routing even before going into combat, so that his men only would have to deal with the few Darknut soldiers.

Luckily for out men, the Darknuts weren´t interested in surrounding the position taken by Galhansen, but decided to throw all their forces on our frontline, taking on their approach some causalities through the constant fire of our Trebuchets. Because of this Captain Vicoron changed his mind and send his Daira Marauders around the cliff in the back of our Trebuchets. At this point our men were focused on the Darknuts approching them, our Crossbowmen were sending volley after volley in the mass of enemies, while the Repeatercrossbows had order to spare their ammunition for the Darknut elite troops.Therfore, with all eyes locked striaght forward, it was no wonder no one saw the Daira Marauders until the moment they let out a warcry and charged into the Trebuchet crew. In the very moment the Daira shouted, Galhansen turned around and, at the front of his bodyguard, attcked the Daira in the flank, wich cast fear into the hearts of those crocodilemen and sent them after a short fight routing, therfore saving the live of most of the Trebuchets crew.

Meanwhile the mass of Keatons tried to break through the lines of our infantry, but where hold by the courage and skill of our men. While wave after wave of the Keatons broke at the shieldwall of our Castleguards, our Crossbowmen had a heavy fireexchange with the Gerudo Pirates, witch had taken position on the rising point vis-á-vis of our position, fireing on our men over the heads of their comrades. The battle was in abeyance: our Crossbowmen were dealing a good amount of damage, even killing Captain Farocron, but their ammunition was running low and the enemy forces still outnumbered us and our Castleguards were dangerously thined out, not so much because of death but because of wounded soldiers brought into the field hospital. In this crucial moment Legioncommander Alrocron decided to start with the bunch of elite Darknuttroops an decisive attack on our lines. As soon as they were spotted the Repeatercrossbows opened fire dealing a good amount of damage to the Darknuts and the surrounding mercenaries, but not enough to cause a mass routing. Then the Godesses showed us their affection and aided us: Just 3 meters before the Darknut elites would have been to close to be further shot by our Repeatercrossbows, a bolt pierced through the body of Alrocron sending him flying several meters backward. This showed to be too much for some of the mercaneries and they started routing. Captain Vicoron was trampled to death by then when he tried to turn them back into battle, with his death causing the rest of the mercenaries to run for their lives. Because Galhansen had no cavalry he could only order his men to shoot onto the fleeing as longe as they were in range. After the battle 286 of our men were reported death, while the number of fallen enemies was nearly as high as the number they fielded.

The remaining mercaneries weren´t so foolish to seek shelter in Zunayus, but run off and deserted Darknut service, therfore leaving Zunayus open for our troops to march in. With no defenders left the city council opened willingly the gates and handed the city keys over to Generals Galhansen who imediatley started to strengthen the cities defences. One week later the two small reinfrocment amries arrived at Zunayus, blocking it off from contact with the rest of our kingdome.

Name:	battle of Zunayus.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	341770

Here is a roughe scheme of the battle:

Black fields with lines are cliffes.
    Grey is giving roughly lines of the landscape.
    Purple lines are the troops KoH, the length is giving a roughe messurment of the unitsize.
    Yellow lines are armies of the Darknut Legion, light yellow lines are the marchroutes.
    Last edited by Don Juan_de_Austria; November 16, 2016 at 12:26 PM.

LordWahu's Avatar Civis

Version: 4.4

Battle 1
    Defenders: Labrynna (Me): Pioneers, Hiskus Knights, Homeguards, Conquerors*2

Attackers: Lanayru: 1 Deathstack of mostly conscripts and Ocean Guard, One Half-Deathstack of the same composition

My 300 soldiers stood no chance against the 2000 of theirs. They had 4 rams so I couldn't charge out and break them, and they had too many troops to hope the turrets would take them out. I ended up setting my Hiskus a little back from the gate, My pioneers in the street a little behind them, and my conquerors in the streets to the side of the gate. When the enemy breached the gates, I ordered the Hiskus to charge into the mass, delaying them so my Conquerors could pour fire onto their flanks. One unit of Ocean Guards managed to slip past the Hiskus and engage one of my conquerors, but the new conquerors have the same stats as a base light infantry unit, and this specific unit had an experience point, so they were able to beat them off without too much damage. By this point, the Hiskus had been reduced to about half strength. By the time the broke (7 members left), I ordered my pioneers, who had been shooting at the mass, to fall back to the square. I had my homeguards set at an angle in the square where the enemy would have to hit them, but there was a large gap where my pioneers could shoot through. Once the Hiskus broke, the Lanayrans chased down my conquerors, and sent the hoard into the square. My homegaurds fell to the man, and my pioneers nearly did, but the capture timer ran out. All in all, my army was massacred, but they took about 50% of the enemy forces with them, allowing the second battle to occur.

Battle 2
    Defenders: Labrynna: Empress Tamako, 2 cannons (maybe), 2 pioneers, 4 or 5 conquerors, 2 blue dragoons (or possibly 6), 2 Hiskus Knights, 2 Hiskus Regulars, and a regiment of Knights of Ambi.

Attackers: Lanayru: 1 Deathstack: Usual composition, led by Prince Ralis. Reinforcements: What was left of the original deathstack that attacked Rutolan

Tamako had besieged Rutolan, and Ralis had come to try to relieve the siege. Unfortunately for them, the terrain was perfect for the Labrynna combat doctrine. A large elevated hill where the gunners stood (and the cannons if I actually had them), allowing them to fire over the heads of the infantry in front of them. Ralis died to the guns, and I had my dragoons firing into the flank of his army. I think they didn't even reach my infantry, and I know that they didn't last very long against them if they did. They were wiped out so quickly, I had time to reorient my lines to face the reinforcement army, and gun them down, avenging all those who fell defending the city (they had executed the prisoners). Unfortunatly (and ironically), Palaguard had died in an earthquake many turns ago, and my bears were exhausted from running around so much, so the Empress was the only fresh cavalry available to run down the retreating conscripts.

Honorable mention: Location: Gor Galonga (?)(The one between Rutolan and the Domain Prime), which uses the Subrosa map

Attackers: Labrynna: 1 unit Blue Dragoons

Defenders: 2 units conscripts, one unit Ocean Guard.

32 bear riding pistoleers killed 187 Lanayran light infantry and took the city without any support. With their medium armor, high charge, and 10 ranged attack, Blue Dragoons might just be the best unit in the game.

The Great Horonian-Subrosian conflict. Or: 'Epic' is what you make of it. 4.4.

Before we start, none of the details are made up; this is retelling the beginning of a Horonian campaign after certain mods to make them and the other NPC factions viable.(Giving them normal replenish for themselves only, giving them a means to recruit troops in places that aren't their starting town. Other NPCs needed more-like enabling Farms-but Horon, Subrosia, the Zuna, and the Tokay just need this.)

Horonians(Player-controlled): Maku Tree, 7 Horon Militia, 1 Horon Mystic, Mayor Ruul
    Subrosians(AI): 3 Moldorm Riders, 3 Ore Knights, 4 Excavators, Excavator Commander

"Tell us about the Horonian-Subrosian War!"
    "Never heard of that one."
    "Not surprising, you Hylian rube. But for the East, it was both one the the bloodiest fights in the area and single-handedly turned Horon into a major power from a podunk town."
    "So how'd it start?"
    "Pretty much all the world started agitating for war, or at least expansion, about the same time. You remember that?"
    "Yeah."
    "Well, Horon's always been peaceful, yet wild. All mixed up with the Fairies and their nature guff."
    "Nature isn't 'guff'!"
    "Not the way the fairies spin it, kiddo. All that Tarm business. Anyway, Horon isn't so much arming for war as wanting to protect themselves from everyone else. They've got basically no-one trained in diplomacy, so all they can do is prepare and reinhabit the local towns, clean out the worst robber-baron scum, and start really building up.

Now at the same time, the Subrosians are pretty much doing the same thing. Giant underground kingdom, LOTS of riches, and aware of pretty much everything that's going on thanks to being under everyone's feet. Also really, really, hate outsiders."
    "Maybe it's all the sewers."
    "The stuff has to go somewhere!"
    "ANYWAY; Seems some kind of altercation happened. Both sides blame the other. The Horonians claim they were attacked without provocation. The Subrosians claim they were offering to talk, and were killed for it."
    "What's the truth?"
    "Flip a coin.

Regardless, there were a few skirmishes as the Horonians attacked, or counter-attacked, or whatever. The main Subrosian army clashed with the Horon forces near an underground city. Xol-somthing.

Now, by all rights, the Horonians should have been slaughtered. And were, for the most part. The Subbies had better equipment in their picks and armour-piercing swords, and had better variety of troops-a cavalry type in those weird slug-things, and actual heavy infantry. The most the Horonians could bring was a small band of half-trained fighters and a few chanters to make them feel a little better."
    "I've seen their armour. It's not the worst. No worse than Hyrule's basic gear."
    "Maybe there was some talking before the gear-up?"
    "Maybe, but that makes the way this started make even less sense."
    "Fact is, the Horos were completely outmatched. But the Horos had a trump card."
    "The Maku Tree!"
    "Who's telling this? But it's true. Pretty much all the Horos were killed, including the mayor of the town, but a giant tree, dragged underground, took every shot the Subbies could give, and ripped them Subrosians to pieces.

Both sides were near-crippled in terms of fighting men afterwards, but somehow the Horos recovered first, and were able to push on and force the Subbies to...well, submit. Basically took over all the major mining in the places they could fit. Meant a whole lot of Rupees coming back to Horon. More jobs, too. This new wealth and prosperity caught the eye of a lot of people. Gorons, Zora, even the Deku to the south. But that's another story..."

--

The note on 'No Diplomatic people' is accurate. Of the NPCS, only the Tokay and Zuna by default have access to the Embassy building needed to train Diplomats. Not that it matters, exactly...

Also, the Subrosian provinces are insanely wealthy. Xolin's mines are worth 1950 gold on their own, and Subrosia isn't much worse. Taking the Subrosian provinces are a worthy goal. For Fairies, too. On the Subrosian side, the Horonians are right next to them. With NPC AI unfrozen, conflict between the two is inevitable.
    Last edited by Bloodly; December 27, 2016 at 10:52 AM.

LordWahu's Avatar Civis

Although the Kingdom of Hyrule had fired the first shots in the war, they had been beaten back to their heartland. Having smashed Sorkariko and Hylia Marine, my Labrynnians besieged Lon Lon Ranch which they had set as their capitol. Unfortunately, they had two separate deathstacks next to the city, with another one inside.

Version: 4.5
    Attacker: Labrynna (Me): 3 Conquerors, 3 pioneers, 2 knights of Ambi (one injured), One cannon, Ralph, Veran, The Labrynnian Maku Tree, One general unit (palace guard), Palaguard, Empress Tamako, 2 Dragoons, and Malon the mercenary (I set it up where Labrynna could also recruit her)

Defender: Kingdom of Hyrule: In the City: About 800 troops including Link
    Left side of map: About 600 troops
    Bottom Left Corner: Over 1000 troops, including at least 5 cavalry, of those, at least one mounted Knights

Upon besieging the city, I had two options: wait for the enemy to try to relieve the siege, or hit them first. I chose the latter. Upon doing so, I had two more options: Hold back, wait for them to sortie, and hit them as they came, or blast open the gates. I figured the three armies would all go for the city before attacking, hitting me with about 2500 troops all at once, so I had the Maku Tree blow open the gates. I had Veran and the other general a ways back from the gates, my conquerors perpendicular to the wall on one flank, and my pioneers parallel to them on the other, making a sort of funnel leading to my spears. My pioneers had set up stakes on the most direct path to the gate on their side (the lower side), and I had my knights at an angle with them and the spears. I had my cannon behind the spears in reserve, and Tamako and Palaguard next to it. Once the gate was destroyed, the enemy inside the city attempted to sortie, and came charging out the gates at the tree, which had retreated behind the spears. They chose to run the gauntlet, and they were massacred. Meanwhile, Malon and the Dragoons went to harass the 600 army, which was desperately trying to run to the city. Once the Hylians broke, my troops took position inside the city. My cannons were set with a clear shot to the gate, so anyone trying to get in would be blown to pieces. I put one unit of pioneers next to it, and the other two in the corals(?). I put one unit of spears behind each one in the corals, and one of the knights behind the cannons. My conquerors were set up in the back, and Ralph was set up facing the city center to destroy what was left of the main army. After counting bullets, I realized I didn't have enough to stop the massive army, which up to this point was untouched, so once Ralph had cleared the city center, I sent my wounded Knights to capture the city. Their main army never got to the gate.

Results: Me: about 30 lost, mostly knights and palace guard. Defenders: Dead to the man. Reinforcement 1: about 450 lost. Reinforcement 2: 6 lost, all horsemen who were two tall for the terrain, and got targeted by my gunners without realizing it.

Good news: I figured out how to take screen shots, so my next battle will be documented in full glory

I'm enjoying ready these guys. Thanks for the posts.

LordWahu's Avatar Civis

After a few various engagements, my troops marched on Hyrule Castle. Unfortunatly, between them and the castle lay a surprise deathstack. I chose to engage, hoping I could get the bridge map, but it was not to be. What I did get was even better.

Attacker: Labrynna (Me): Palaguard, Veran, The Maku Tree of Labrynna, Ralph, An adopted General (Palace Guard), Three Conquerors, Two Pioneers, One knight of Ambi, One dragoon, One Cannon Battery, Mercernary Midna (who wasn't textured), Mercernary Malon

Defender: Hyrule: 1000 troops. Reinforcements (Castle town Garrason): 500 troops

There was a large hill, and I positioned my troops so my cannons could fire over them, put my Conquerors next to them. I layered my pioneers in front with stakes, and in front of them I put my infantry. I had my cavalry along the side

Name:	20170228152040_1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	199.7 KB 
ID:	343731

Being the AI, they came head on into my lines. It looked pretty dramatic though

Name:	20170228152212_1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	343732

I ordered my cavalry to come around the flanks and shoot at their general. Those brave few charged between the main army and the reinforcements to pepper the enemy commander (and the cavalry that tried to chase them away).

Name:	20170228152346_1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	343733

Unfortunatly, my attention was on the cavalry when their main force hit my lines, and my picture of their secondary force hitting didn't come out. Got a great shot of them ascending the hill though

Name:	20170228153017_1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	343737

A couple other highlights
    Cannonballs destroying a few enemies

Name:	20170228152548_1.jpg 
Size:	240.5 KB 
ID:	343735 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170228153035_1.jpg 
Size:	301.1 KB 
ID:	343738

Running down routing Hylians

Name:	20170228152817_1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	252.8 KB 
ID:	343736

My cavalry didn't kill their general, but they did take out most of their cavalry. Their cavalry did hit my main line, but they never made it farther, and most of their infantry broke before contact. Once the general rout started, I ordered a general chase. Any foes who survived did so as prisoners. Not for long tough, as they ended up refusing ransom.

In the end, I lost 25 of my people, mostly Midna's unit when a team of mounted knights sent them flying, whereas they were destroyed almost to the man. The prisoner count was tremendous, and I was able to walk into Hyrule castle without any resistance. I havn't played since this battle, but all that is left of Hyrule is Parapa, The territory to the west, a handful of scattered and broken armies, and that Deathstack from the first battle that managed to avoid contact during another battle as well. Battle Results displayed.

Name:	20170228153634_1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	343739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170228154035_1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	252.4 KB 
ID:	343730
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170228152455_1.jpg  
    Last edited by LordWahu; March 01, 2017 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Pictures uploaded wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast