Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [RPHS] The Beggar King (VICTORY BY BARATHEON ALLIANCE)

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [RPHS] The Beggar King

Daenerys was walking through the huge dothraki camp. It was so large, she couldnt even see its end. The Smell of horses and unwashed bodies was omnipresent. Yet, she got used to it by the time she spent with the dothraki. The Dothraki seemed to like the new lands. There was plenty of grass and water for their horses, although they were used to warmer climate. The swore they will never sail poisoned water again. Westeros is their new home.

Finally she found her tent. Inside she found her husband who was holding their baby, next to dragon eggs.
    "My sun and stars, how is our little Rheago doing?"
    "Moon of my life." Drogo greeted here. "He is truly the stallion who mounts the world, he cant stop trying to escape this tent", Drogo laughed." He is calm only if I put him close to the eggs."
    "I told you he has blood of dragon" Dany smiled."My brother sent us a message, well actually invitation. There will be a wedding in Storm´s End, his wedding."
    "That weak boy isnt ordering me. If I see him next time, Ill probably show him where is his place. I have better things to do, there are cities to be plundered", Drogo reacted disgustedly.
    "Its important. He will be marrying Arianne Martell of Dorne. The Martells will be valuable allies, we need them to defeat The Usurper", Danny insisted.
    "I dont need some weak men in iron clothes to help me. My khalasar will crush them all. And Ill find the Usurper and all his minions he is hiding behind, and personally avenge your family. You will sit on the iron chair. But alright, if it pleases you we can go to the wedding. Ill show your brother how the dothraki wedding looks like. But if he only once looks at me badly, Ill cut his throat and give his bride to my bloodriders."

Tully up! http://www.mediafire.com/download/kg...BK_Tully_1.sav
    Last edited by Jadli; July 30, 2016 at 11:46 AM.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Lord Brynden looked at the map of Westeros laid out before him on the table.
    So many unknowns, so many empty promises, so many disloyalties.

He wrote down his orders for the Knights of the Vale and called a messenger.

"You must be mistaken" Lord Edmure said miserly from the corner.
    "Lord Goodbrook, he and I we were friends!"
    "Surely he wouldn't betray me." Edmure sulked.

Lord Brynden sighed.
    "Listen boy, whatever fantasies you have of the loyalties of your bannermen or the friendships you have, throw them out of the window." He said sternly.
    "Every Tully lord in our history has had to deal with disloyal vassals, Riverlanders are an independent bunch. As Lord Paramount, you have to earn their loyalty, and stamp out any disloyalty where you can find it, or risk losing your head and title. There are always those who are eager to usurp our titles and lands."

"Especially in times like these."
    He looked back at the map, each known supporter of Baratheon and Targaryen was labelled, along with troop strengths and positions, all curtsy of the Spider. He did not trust the Spider to provide accurate numbers everywhere, and he hated to be rely on such an unknown. So, he was busy setting up his own scouting and intelligence network, to verify the Spider's information and gather his own.

It was through these men that he had heard of the disloyalty of Goodbrook and Willow Wood before they had publicly declared their support of House Targaryen. The Spider had failed to provide any of this information.
    Now he was in the position to act, and loyal forces were already on their way to restore Goodbrook and Willow Wood to the crown.

He looked at the Westerlands, the Lannisters were not yet labeled, Tywin's reaction to his daughter's death was still unknown. But judging from his history, he could not let this pass without harsh retribution. Unfortunately, the Riverlands were between him and Robert, so whatever happened, the Riverlands would suffer, as always.
    He had prepared of course, should anyone make a move into his ancestral lands, he looked at Seagard and the Iron Islands, so close, they would be in for a nasty surprise.

"Come closer boy" he gestured Edmure to the map. "It is important you learn how to defend your birthright....."
    Attached Files Attached Files

The Queen was dead and Sansa was honestly glad- no, that would not be proper. She was just handling the shock with the grace of a true lady, yes, that was the reason. Arya had just been trying to ruin her day as always with nonsense about the queen deserving it. Nobody deserved to die, surely? No. Her sister was just... unladylike. Although, truth be told, Sansa missed her little sister greatly.

Arya had left the capital with their father when he and the king had rode off north to war. "I'll stick them with the pointy end!" She had replied when the king asked what place little girls had in war. Robert, much to Eddards concern, agreed to let the girl accompany them and stated how much she reminded him of Lyanna. His Grace had become distant at the mention of her aunt, lowering his eyes. He looked sad. Did he regret killing his wife? Sansa wondered.

Looking out from her balcony Sansa could see armies outside the city, those of the Crownland bannermen that answered the crowns summons. "War is not a game," her father told her before he departed. "and this is not a story. If anything happens your to listen to Jory without question. Do you hear me Sansa?" She had, and promised she would.

"Lady Stark?" A voice came from behind the door to her chambers.

"Open." She said in her most courtly voice, trying to seem less anxious than she truly was.

A pair of dark blue eyes greeted her, the man had a fringe of black hair that looked like the shadow of a crown, and he had a close-cropped beard across his large jaw. "Lord Baratheon," Sansa curtsied. "is there news of my father?" Stannis Baratheon was a stoic man, his face betraying nothing as he stood a few steps into the room. He shifted uncomfortable on the spot as if uncertain how to begin.

"No." He said simply. "Did your father speak to you of marriage proposals before he left?"

Sansa nodded. "He did."

Stannis waited. "And?"

"He promised he'd find a knight worthy of me, after Joffrey and..."

"Yes." Stannis's eyes grew hard at the mention of the inbred lions. "Did he tell you that it was left to me to finalize?"

Sannsa gave a curt nod in reply, it was clear that Stannis was not overly comfortable with the conversation.

Sansa kept her composure as Stannos told her who she was to marry. It was an option her father had mentioned on occasion before he left, one of many options, but one she had calmly shown interest in without seeming too interested. It seemed her father had listened to her. After Stannis left her room Sansa could not help but smile. She slept more soundly after, thoughts of Joffrey and his mothers treason washed away, replaced with far sweeter things.

Ramsay Snow's Avatar Senator

I love the RP guys. I'm reading a story and I'm anxious to see what happens next! I appreciate you.

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Still waiting for Greyjoy and Lanny

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

"These damned birds and their letters..."

The Lord of the Iron Isles sat looking over his desk in the Sea Tower of Pyke which had quickly become drowned in parchments from all corners of the Seven Kingdoms. Lords and kings alike were calling for the Ironborn to make a decision on this new Targaryan threat. So many promises and threats being flung around, no matter the decision it meant war with some puffed up Lord and his ego.

"Asha, you will go with Victarion and his men to Seaguard and then on to Riverrun. You will marry the Northern Lord, and Theon will be returned."

"I'm not marrying some mainland ." Asha spoke, her disgust at her father almost palpable. "My brother isn't even Ironborn, do you want some soft boy who has never known our ways to be your Heir? What pride do you have in our heritage to grovel on your knees?"

"You will do as you are commanded. No man has ever died from bending his knee. He who kneels may rise again, blade in hand. He who will not kneel stays dead, stiff legs and all. Now go."

Without comment, Asha left the room, the doors crashing behind her. Lord Balon began penning letters to the myriad of Lords who demanded of him. Regardless of his true allegiance the rest of Westeros could be assured that the Iron price would be paid.

WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE
    Last edited by Emrys; July 31, 2016 at 01:23 PM.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Implementing a system that was first used within this hotseat. A fantastic idea and something i want to expand into, for now we'll keep it basic.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    So for example a General is taken captive, trial by combat may be demanded rather than keeping him locked within a dungeon. A trial can be refused, if a general is at an obvious disadvantage, the odds will be effected.

Using Random.org/lists, admin will randomize on the events that occur, and players may RP the events. (results can be pm'd to the victor before hand to make RP more newsworthy)

Once randomized, the admin will pick the first number 1 result within the list.

For examples;
    Two formidable warriors in a TOC

Barristan Selmy wins
    Jaime Lannister wins
    Barristan Selmy wins
    Jaime Lannister wins
    Barristan Selmy wins
    Jaime Lannister wins

1 poor warrior vs formidable warrior

Mace Tyrell wins
    Robert Baratheon wins
    Robert Baratheon wins
    Robert Baratheon wins
    Robert Baratheon wins
    Robert Baratheon wins

------------------------------------------------------------

If a faction leader or heir is defeated in battle, they may be captured or killed using the same results (death is a low chance)

Example; 5/9 on escape, 3/9 on capture, 1/9 death

Viserys Targaryen is captured
    Viserys Targaren escapes
    Viserys Targaren is captured
    Viserys Targaren escapes
    Viserys Targaren is captured
    Viserys Targaren escapes
    Viserys Targaren dies
    Viserys Targaren escapes
    Viserys Targaren ecapes

If there is an outcry for this not be implemented, we shall not. Admin is more than willing to put the work into it and i think brings more of a realism / risk environment
    Obviously other deals can be struck for prisoner release, this is just giving another option that is within Westeros.
    Last edited by Parafix; July 31, 2016 at 08:39 PM.

Meh. Interesting. Can it be any lord within your army or the one that captured the general. Feel like this could be exploited to kill strong enemy generals. Personally i would feel annoyed if i lost a good general to trial by combat. In reality, if you are taken captive, you are not having charges laid against you in court, so really why would their be a trial by combat. I only bring this up because this is an RP HS. An example is when Robb Stark captured Jamie during the Battle of the Whispering Wood; Robb didn't allow Jamie to fight his way out.
    Last edited by Gimli; July 31, 2016 at 08:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Solid point, changed it to allow it to be declined.

Perhaps we can make this to better effect. Perhaps it could work as in two generals fight it out instead of a battle? Just an idea not sure how that would work.

Blog Entries

Thats something ive got down for expanding the stuff, along with around 7 other things. But for now just keeping it simple, especially as the HS has already started. Unless someone can justify why it shouldnt be implemented i see no reason why not, so what it is now i think is fine. (This aint main section where rules etc get debated / changed throughout the game )

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

The turn is played - expect it in the morn alongside some RP (finally)

Edit - Turn - http://www.mediafire.com/download/64...K_Tyrell_1.sav

RP soon ( halfway done, got called in to work)
    Last edited by FrostySOTF; August 01, 2016 at 09:36 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

I dont see much point in this. The prisoners dont get to demand a trial by combat.
    And why should someone risk life of his generals when he can refuse rhe demand anyway?

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    (This aint main section where rules etc get debated / changed throughout the game )

Well that happens, because some people like to use every exploit, which isn't stated in the rules or exploit list, even those "tricks", that are dirty in a competitive hotseat. It is kinda sad to see, that I was the only one being chivalrous enough to not use them, since I play here. I know about some very dirty ones, that can be used in every hotseat, but that would kill the fun out from the hotseat. Some people.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    Unless someone can justify why it shouldnt be implemented i see no reason why not
    Aye, as Gimli stated, it should be something agreed to by both parties but otherwise there is no reason to deny players having the option to demand a duel/trial by combat. In the HS I showed you where this was done (It was a duel between Kings, one lost, a NaP was signed and regions exchanged as a result of the duel) I thought at the time that it was a very cool/unique way of settling a conflict; one that I have not seen repeated since. Here - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13836694 - You can see/read for yourself. An event that I've never seen happen more than once... it's something I and Para both plan to use in future games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    I dont see much point in this. The prisoners dont get to demand a trial by combat.
    And why should someone risk life of his generals when he can refuse rhe demand anyway?
    Because its a RP HS. Some are not as dishonorable and cowards such as the beggar king

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon. View Post
    Well that happens, because some people like to use every exploit, which isn't stated in the rules or exploit list, even those "tricks", that are dirty in a competitive hotseat. It is kinda sad to see, that I was the only one being chivalrous enough to not use them, since I play here. I know about some very dirty ones, that can be used in every hotseat, but that would kill the fun out from the hotseat. Some people.
    Ye, thats why did we demand making official list of exploits and bugs that was so shortsightedly denied....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    we demand making official list of exploits and bugs that was so shortsightedly denied....
    The King of Shortsightedness should take his 'demands' to the GS discussion and keep them there, for they will not be debated here. Continued off-topic disruptive posts will be deleted, this is an RPHS, not a discussion thread.