Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738

Thread: [RPHS] The Beggar King (VICTORY BY BARATHEON ALLIANCE)

Default Re: [RPHS] The Beggar King

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    The consensus is that Hightower should be turned rebel. In that case, IMO we should declare the Baratheon alliance victorious and end the hotseat. I have had to sub Tyrell and Martell two turns in a row, and I doubt Gimli will return at this point. So the only active player for the Targaryen alliance is Targaryen himself, which is controlled by a new player, who probably joined not fully realizing how terrible his allies' situations were.

Ever since the Baratheon alliance broke through into the Reach (from multiple sides, I might add), the game has essentially been over. If there were no financial rules, Tyrell and Hightower could marshal their forces and defend a small area of settlements as a last stand. But the financial rules prevent this strategy. They must either slowly disband their forces and therefore be killed by their enemies, or go bankrupt and be killed by the admin.

Does anyone object to ending this game, now that victory is all but a certainty?
    I believe we can call this hotseat over.

Urke's Avatar Semisalis

I haven't been here for a lot of time, but seeing the battlefield through that single turn kind of broke my hopes of victory. Know that I will not object should this hotseat come to a close.

ggwp

Narsils_Shards's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah, we're also outnumbered in the Reach. About 9 or 10 full stacks total against 5-6 of ours. I was hoping on the fact I would be able to take something to assist the debt. Still questioning Lannister's stack upkeep…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I'm still making money you can check

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    Does anyone object to ending this game, now that victory is all but a certainty?
    I've no objection, have been fairly confident of victory since braking into the Reach. + With my new map coming very soon I'm all for one less HS using the old map.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Then congratulations to the victors! Everyone spread some +rep around. It was a good hotseat. The Crownlands were a big fortified chess match at one point. Teamwork played a huge role, which is nice to see also.

Luume's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [RPHS] The Beggar King (VICTORY BY BARATHEON ALLIANCE)

GG closing this thread.