Thread: 6.0/6.1 Crash on map Load

Default 6.0/6.1 Crash on map Load

So I've been able to install 6.0 and 6.1, but on both versions, I have not been able to actually start the campaign. Every time that I do, the game will crash without a dialogue box as soon as the map is loaded. Every faction, both eras, whether or not I selected the "Late Campaign" option when I click on the late campaign screen. Which I'm not sure what does.

Some factions would play their introduction movie from the vanilla game but still crash upon loading the map.

The old bugfixes for 6.0 suggested that I uninstall and reinstall as this means I did not install properly, however I did this twice and still have the same issue.

It is really bumming me out. After all the effort it took to find and install an older version of Stainless Steel-- not to the discredit of 6.4, I just really want to play Ireland-- and I'm stuck suddenly at a dead end, at the very end of the very first loading screen.

Is there anyone out there that can help me somehow ?

I apologize if this counts as a double-post. My last threads have gone unanswered for a while, and they were for a separate (but similar) issue anyway.
    Hyrule: Total War
    Corcoro the Keaton Bomb-smith

Default Re: 6.0/6.1 Crash on map Load

will try upload the whole folder with the mod already installed, hopefully that will work

EDIT: have you tried maybe downloading from other sites ? there should be more sites with working download links out there, just google a lot
    Last edited by Dekhatres; July 28, 2016 at 10:40 AM.

I hope that does, thank you so much. Where will you put it?

I've only tried the one site. I was under the impression there was only one.

i've just reinstalled 6.1 and it works just fine, i do see the installer wants you to install it in Medieval II Total War folder and not in mods folder like most others, did you install it in the mods folder ? cause that could be the problem

so when you install it you must put the path to your "Medieval II Total War" folder and not mods folder, i am using the same install files btw so it's pointless for me to reupload the same stuff as i am using the same files and it's working

if it still doesnt work i am afraid i cant do anything
    Last edited by Dekhatres; August 05, 2016 at 01:39 AM.

So put the install path towards the medieval 2 total war folder itself, and not the mods folder?

So C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cielo the Pachirisu View Post
    So put the install path towards the medieval 2 total war folder itself, and not the mods folder?

So C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War ?
    exactly

i dunno why it's that way, most kingdoms mods just have their own folder and they ask to be installed in mods, 6.1 wants to be in the med 2 folder

So upon trying to install it directly to Medieval II, it tells me that the files are write-protected. I suspect that this means that many of the files to be replaced will be the default Medieval II assets... or am I wrong? Is this OK to do?

no not many files, yes overwrite everything when it asks

All right, lemme try it out...

...it has worked! Wonderful! Thank you so much for all of your help, you're the only one whom has helped me out in all of this .

Now I just have one final question! How do you disable the supply system thing? I see no option anywhere of turning that on or off...

i have disabled that too, iirc i just replaced traits

but i think you can simply not enable it when installing, i mean when you installed the mod didnt it ask you at some point to tick things that you want to install ?

there were things like real recruitmen/combat, bgr I, bgr II and stuff like that, simply dont install those

but anyway i will upload the files needed as they are very small

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1i...ter_traits.txt put this in

mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data it will ask you if you want to overwrite, say yes, if it wont ask to overwrite then you didnt put the file where it should, just incase make a backup of your original file, always keep backups when you change something

you have to start a new campaign for the changes to take effect tho
    Last edited by Dekhatres; August 10, 2016 at 10:07 AM.