View Poll Results: Who is the Most Constructive User?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Macrath

The results are hidden 0%
  • saleska2

• Parafix

• Jadli

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWC Hotseat Awards Most Constructive User

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Default TWC Hotseat Awards Most Constructive User

Who is the Most Constructive User?

Default Re: TWC Hotseat Awards Most Constructive User

Poll missing?

EDIT: Nevermind!
    Last edited by saleska2; July 26, 2016 at 01:30 PM.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Considering i joined maybe 2 weeks or so before last years awards, since then been active pretty much throughout. Before the Westeros purge i took on 40 or so hotseat positions, majority replacing drop outs to help out GS from having to sub so many, at the time was mostly Frosty and Blue doing the work. I also was one of the people who got the purge discussion to clean up the Westeros section, which has been at a steady pace of hotseats since.
    I also worked with a lot of people on creating different submods for HS purposes and trying to create a more dynamic RPHS environment. Tango, A Storm of Swords and War of Spring being the main focus, aswell as now helping Soul with giving the Newblood series a rebirth. With these projects brought in new rules for RP and dynamic events like the Iron bank and Spoils of war.

Since being made Gaming Staff i believe iv'e also been a core element of getting changes made within the HS section, all which seem to be successful so far.

I know main section chaps don't look at Westeros that much and vise versa, but being constructive towards the HS section is not all about creating a load of hotseats

Some may consider it poor form to voice for myself before others whom may do so on my behalf, but i think within the last year of me being part of the HS community not many could compare to activity and work they've done for it.

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Parafix definitely has done much in the Westeros section. My vote, however, goes to Saleska for introducing new/editing mods for hotseating, which is really a big deal.

I suppose ill give myself a boost aswell :3

I have joined early this year and taken up up to 35 HotSeats at a time, either new ones or replacing wherever needed. I hosted new HotSeats with all kinds of mods and did so without any trouble of finding people. Lots of people were looking for new HotSeats and I created them in whatever mod they wanted, if possible at least At this point im admin/co-admin in a total of 13(or 14) HotSeats. (cant keep signature updated 24/7) and am always open for more.

I also made a whole number of patches for HotSeats specificly like Falcomtw3, Ancient_Conquest, British_Isles, SS6.4 for teams, SS6.4 early era.

I have also made my own HS sub-mods for both Last_Kingdom(tho it is quite buggy, but playable) and Broken_Crescent. Sadly never got the time to start a HS with either of em but they will come! In both of these I almost completely fixed the Autoresolve issue for cavalry and archers and made naval AR more balanced while making several unique factions which can fit to a specific playstyle.

While playing I also made sure we got the exploit list we now have in our tavern in main section which I up every now and then so we finnaly have clarity for everyone about what can be considered an exploit and what not (after horrible confusion about this in multiple HotSeats ) While at this, I have found multiple people trying to cheat in different ways.

My problem kinda is that I tend to take things personal a bit too fast :\ but ill hopefully get over it!

At this point I am in contact with litterly every newblood we have in both main and westeros section and I think I am also in contact with litterly everyone in main section, helping out people who need help figuring something out (bugs with mods, crashes, modding help) and the same way the other way around in which people help me get better. I average about 10-15 PM's a day and 300-450 PM's a month about any thing. I also am in contact with all admins in main section and try to help whenever possible!

I dont have alot of experience with ya Parafix so I cant say too much but I dont think im too far away from ya in activity and work here because im far from just hosting HotSeats. Tho I think the biggest difference is that im more a main section guy and you are more for Westeros

EDIT: Forgot to say I also hosted the 1v1 tournament!

EDIT2: Also forgot to mention I brought back manual battle HotSeats for the group of players who wanted to try these out, like a new playstyle, or generally only play manual battle HotSeats!
    Last edited by saleska2; July 26, 2016 at 02:23 PM.

Blog Entries

I dont have alot of experience with ya Parafix so I cant say too much but I dont think im too far away from ya in activity and work here because im far from just hosting HotSeats.
    In the past 2 months or so you may be close to being on par with activity, but in the last 12 i can't think of anyone that could even contend. Modding wise ive spent the last 7 months working and updating for HS purposes. Short term you've done somewhat well, but i'm pulling the long term card here. I'm also sitting on a rather large database, nearly 6 months in the work for 1.0 comes out so i can set up different versions of the mod for HS purposes. I'm also in the situation of not being able to play my own work right now due to lack of capable admins being able to inforce the RP rules within my hotseats, so i'm having too.

I can see you're trying hard for the community, it doesn't go unnoticed even from us Westeros lot, but still a lot to learn. Trying to please everyone with what they want is the main thing most people suffer from, within time and experienced the "constructive" part of balancing out whats best and what people want comes to you.

Saleska2 certainly has good intentions and if he's still around for next years and keeping up the work then I'd happily vote for him, but thus far the majority of his constructiveness has been the opening of a large number of threads (that now need to be trimmed down) that is a tad too many as history has taught us whenever we open more threads than he can handle. Parafix however has been here longer than Saleska and done just as if not more to be truly constructive, least you forget, opening threads is easy. Sometimes you need to tell those Newbloods that you cant open new threads because the workload would be irresponsibly heavy. If you fell over, it would leave a mess.

I've no doubt if Sales keeps up the work that come next year he'd be in for the title, but this year Parafix has done more than him overall. Actions in recent months shouldn't out-weight Para's entire year+ of actions.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Saleska2 certainly has good intentions and if he's still around for next years and keeping up the work then I'd happily vote for him, but thus far the majority of his constructiveness has been the opening of a large number of threads (that now need to be trimmed down) that is a tad too many as history has taught us whenever we open more threads than he can handle. Parafix however has been here longer than Saleska and done just as if not more to be truly constructive, least you forget, opening threads is easy. Sometimes you need to tell those Newbloods that you cant open new threads because the workload would be irresponsibly heavy. If you fell over, it would leave a mess.

I've no doubt if Sales keeps up the work that come next year he'd be in for the title, but this year Parafix has done more than him overall. Actions in recent months shouldn't out-weight Para's entire year+ of actions.
    Haha, there is ALOT more happening than just opening threads, and even more happening before a thread is opened.

We can talk about it for a long time but reasons for both players have been given to vote on em. Its up to players themselves to vote. Were better off trying to enjoy ourselves than fighting over it.

Also dont worry about the number of HotSeats. I am aware that soon school will begin again and everything, some HotSeats will end soon and please also note there are quite a few private HotSeats which are different from the normal ones. I am not hosting anything anytime soon and the current number will hold as it is already decreasing.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by saleska2 View Post
    Were better off trying to enjoy ourselves than fighting over it.
    Don't mistake my criticism for argument, you have plenty of things to be proud of under your belt but so dose Para, and he's been actively helpful for well over a year compared to your fairly new arrival. That dose not diminish your efforts any more than it should diminish his, my post here is merely me attempting to state that fact least Parafix end up completely ignored by everyone from 'Main' section. No vote should be a popularity contest.

This was my fear when Dux combined the sections into a single awards, that it would come down to whatever side had the most people regardless of who's done the most work. We shall see how it plays out...

Blog Entries

That'll be the main reason you'll be voted for however. Will just keep to the point, you have put less time and work than I, it's simply gonna be down to which section out weighs the other. Considering all this is being put directly in main section and being combined i'm already pretty sure of the outcome. Not much different to silence ape winning most promising youngblood last year

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Most of newcomers know saleska2's name and works unlike Parafix's.So probably saleska will win this voting.But who knows

Quote Originally Posted by zender9 View Post
    Most of newcomers know saleska2's name and works unlike Parafix's. So probably saleska will win this voting.
    That was my concern, yes. All/most of main section will vote for the person they know rather than the one they don't. It's only natural, but also the fault of merging two very different communities.

JCdestr0yer's Avatar Campidoctor
    A Village in the Kingdom in the North (Ireland)

For me it is Para for me he has helped me. Even gave me a skype chat when i could not get swords working and told me to use the bat file something i was not doing. Making the SoS which was great fun along with other people but also his time when we had so many hot seats on and para took them all on. There was then his thread that cleaned up the whole of the Westros section which then led to the clearing up of many inactive gaming staff which para then became one of the new and active gaming staff. I do hope he wins this award while i have no doubt that saleska2 is brilliant and if they both keep up the work it will be very interesting next time.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

I believe I am also worthy of this award.

I have been making patches and scenarios ( especially for TES), making some RP hotseats and created score hotseats. And I have some projects that Im still working on.

However, my work is mostly in running the community. Im trying to keep all hotseats running properly, even those not mines. I am trying to save dying hotseats, when others would rather let it die. Recently, I recruited several new admins who are going to help us with admining. And there are many other smaller things.

During this year nobody has done more for newbloods than I have. I have been opening several hotseats for them, adviced them with everything they needed and helped them with becoming part of this community.

A Man's Avatar Senator

Voted for Parafix who has been a valuable member of the Westeros HS community since the day I joined so he is the one that gets my vote.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    I believe I am also worthy of this award.

I have been making patches and scenarios ( especially for TES), making some RP hotseats and created score hotseats. And I have some projects that Im still working on.

However, my work is mostly in running the community. Im trying to keep all hotseats running properly, even those not mines. I am trying to save dying hotseats, when others would rather let it die. Recently, I recruited several new admins who are going to help us with admining. And there are many other smaller things.

During this year nobody has done more for newbloods than I have. I have been opening several hotseats for them, adviced them with everything they needed and helped them with becoming part of this community.
    Considering as you've been part of the GS discussions, you should be aware most of the things have been a requirement due to you starting / admining too many hotseats. Westeros newbloods we had to restart the official series due to how poorly they were being run.

Admin cap, hotseat restrictions, structured newblood hotseats are all things you've argued against while the rest of the team had to implement before you agreed. The main constructive thing you have done is forced us too work hard to implement dire need of some regulations.

Can we please allow no more comments because this is just silly, Self promoting shouldnt be happening in these threads imo and I think if this continues it will only get out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    Considering as you've been part of the GS discussions, you should be aware most of the things have been a requirement due to you starting / admining too many hotseats. Westeros newbloods we had to restart the official series due to how poorly they were being run. Admin cap, hotseat restrictions, structured newblood hotseats are all things you've argued against while the rest of the team had to implement before you agreed. The main constructive thing you have done is forced us too work hard to implement dire need of some regulations.
    Can we please allow no more comments because this is just silly, Self promoting shouldnt be happening in these threads imo and I think if this continues it will only get out of hand.
    Above is a discussion, not self promotion. Not that self promotion is in any way illegal or looked down upon by GS so long as discussion is kept civil. You have self promoted yourself Saleska. Need I quote you?
    Saleska's self promoting...
    I suppose ill give myself a boost aswell :3

I have joined early this year and taken up up to 35 HotSeats at a time, either new ones or replacing wherever needed. I hosted new HotSeats with all kinds of mods and did so without any trouble of finding people. Lots of people were looking for new HotSeats and I created them in whatever mod they wanted, if possible at least At this point im admin/co-admin in a total of 13(or 14) HotSeats. (cant keep signature updated 24/7) and am always open for more.

I also made a whole number of patches for HotSeats specificly like Falcomtw3, Ancient_Conquest, British_Isles, SS6.4 for teams, SS6.4 early era.

I have also made my own HS sub-mods for both Last_Kingdom(tho it is quite buggy, but playable) and Broken_Crescent. Sadly never got the time to start a HS with either of em but they will come! In both of these I almost completely fixed the Autoresolve issue for cavalry and archers and made naval AR more balanced while making several unique factions which can fit to a specific playstyle.

While playing I also made sure we got the exploit list we now have in our tavern in main section which I up every now and then so we finnaly have clarity for everyone about what can be considered an exploit and what not (after horrible confusion about this in multiple HotSeats ) While at this, I have found multiple people trying to cheat in different ways.

My problem kinda is that I tend to take things personal a bit too fast :\ but ill hopefully get over it!

At this point I am in contact with litterly every newblood we have in both main and westeros section and I think I am also in contact with litterly everyone in main section, helping out people who need help figuring something out (bugs with mods, crashes, modding help) and the same way the other way around in which people help me get better. I average about 10-15 PM's a day and 300-450 PM's a month about any thing. I also am in contact with all admins in main section and try to help whenever possible!

I dont have alot of experience with ya Parafix so I cant say too much but I dont think im too far away from ya in activity and work here because im far from just hosting HotSeats. Tho I think the biggest difference is that im more a main section guy and you are more for Westeros

EDIT: Forgot to say I also hosted the 1v1 tournament!

EDIT2: Also forgot to mention I brought back manual battle HotSeats for the group of players who wanted to try these out, like a new playstyle, or generally only play manual battle HotSeats!

Promoting ones self is even more essential than ever in this years awards for anyone outside of 'Main' section that wants to fight for their claim to worthiness in any category, least they be completely ignored. Bad enough anyone outside of Main needs to go out of their way to find the polls, I will not see them unable voice option too. Nothing Parafix has stated is anything but truth, perhaps some find it upsetting, but it's no less true.

I only promoted myself as a response to Parafix his promoting, thought that was obvious.

If you still needs to convince others that you deserve this award at this point that only means you didnt do a very good job over the year of being noticed everything he did.

I wouldnt have promoted myself if Parafix didnt.
    Last edited by saleska2; July 27, 2016 at 07:19 AM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Not gonna discuss this stuff here. You two can do better than this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast