View Poll Results: Who is the Most Constructive User?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Macrath

The results are hidden 0%
  • saleska2

• Parafix

• Jadli

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWC Hotseat Awards Most Constructive User

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Default Re: TWC Hotseat Awards Most Constructive User

Self promotion was a requirement, as this is the first time the awards are combined rather than different sections, aswell as we have a lot of new members to the community voting, so self promoting is essentially a requirement, as i deem myself far more deserving than you or the others nominated.

It's also something that has always been allowed, this the fourth annual awards and the only thing that has changed is the sections being merged.

I for one am going to fight for something i believe i deserve, rather allow it to go to less deserving over a popularity contest.

Great, at least keep it why YOU should be awarded and not why others SHOULDNT be awarded.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

I shall not.
    If people wish to post arguments for themselves, expect it to be countered. I have not seen anything countering my arguments for myself, if you wish to try argue against my points, feel welcome too.
    Last edited by Parafix; July 27, 2016 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saleska2 View Post
    If you still needs to convince others that you deserve this award at this point that only means he didnt do a very good job over the year of being noticed everything he did.
    The awards have been merged and handed to the 'Main' section, it is imperative now more than ever for those outside of 'Main' to have a voice. They will not be silenced. If you have issue with that, take it up with Dux.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Not gonna discuss this stuff here. You two can do better than this.
    Your attempt to sit on a high horse and subsequently silence us is nothing but predictable. I have done nothing but shoot down a poor suggestion, something I've had to do a lot of late.
    Quote Originally Posted by saleska2 View Post
    Great, at least keep it why YOU should be awarded and not why others SHOULDNT be awarded.
    Those others should be able to defend their claim to a category, no candidate in any election has ever not stated why he/she disagrees with the opposition. To request that the opposition not oppose you is laughable. I for one desire all the information when picking whom to vote for in any situation, not merely a one-sided post from each person that are then blocked from all criticism least one side be found wanting.

Once someone has to resort to offending or "critizising" others to convince people he is the perfect guy, he can no longer come up with anything on why he himself is actually so good. I have no interest in "Critizising" others because I dont think I need to.

Im not gonna bother trying to tell a blind man to look in the right direction. Do whatever you need, all I need is to wait and see.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Your attempt to sit on a high horse and subsequently silence us is nothing but predictable. I have done nothing but shoot down a poor suggestion, something I've had to do a lot of late.

And suprisingly you do the same right now aswell with that high horse and doing the same criticising as last time in a certain thread aswell. I had to calm down both sides that time, do I need to do that again?
    However it doesn't matter anymore, I already took precaution about this and I already messaged Dux to end this once and for all.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Come on guys people already done voting.Its voting so the best one may lose it.Its part of life.Also people have their own minds and thoughts.Manipulating them is not right i believe.You guys are not politicians.

This 'discussion' will get us nowhere, the point of my original post was that nobody is going to be silenced simply because one candidate doesn't like having his words challenged. Para has criticized with the use of facts, those facts may hurt the other sides ego and they may have no counter beyond childish responses on par with "I know you are but what am I?", but that does not diminish Para's right to voice those facts. Nor anyone else's right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon. View Post
    I had to calm down both sides that time, do I need to do that again? However it doesn't matter anymore, I already took precaution about this and I already messaged Dux to end this once and for all.
    You calmed nothing down Dragon, the conversation was taken elsewhere and the desired effects achieved. I have done nothing here but dismiss another poor idea, that candidates be disallowed from voicing opinions.

Oathsworn's Avatar Biarchus

My vote goes to Saleska2. Since i came TWC and start hotseating he is working. He host some hotseats. But this is not all. He is also speak with every players privately and give them informations.

But Zender is right. I'm sure all of them is constructive users. But this is a poll and people should choose one of them
    If you wonder about the guy in my profile photo,
    Here he is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d39FBRxBM8k

Quote Originally Posted by Oathsworn View Post
    I'm sure all of them is constructive users. But this is a poll and people should choose one of them
    They should and will, and if candidates wish to voice honest opinion (civilly) to gather support they should not be silenced because another candidate is afraid of what they might say. They will not be.

Oathsworn's Avatar Biarchus

I think they just want to stop this. Because this speech turns to a fight. This is not a debate. People shouldnt try to decay the others's arguments... I think if they were just speak about themselves and their activity nobody will try to stop them...
    If you wonder about the guy in my profile photo,
    Here he is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d39FBRxBM8k

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

It is indeed turning into a fight, again.

So, let's be clear it is allowed to campaign for your own cause in the awards. However, I will not tolerate any slander about other players. You can pick holes into other players claims and arguments, but only in a very civil and polite way. Refrain from making it too personal. Everything stayed barely civil now and I will not tolerate it to degenerate further.

It is supposed to be fun guys! Everyone nominated has been constructive for the community, whether that person then deserves a reward for it, is up to you guys.
    If this topic does not calm down, I will close it.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

A little over a year ago the main section was all but dead. Simply because I wanted to play more HotSeats I decided to make it my goal to revive the main section and decided to join the GS to further facilitate that goal. Here we stand a year later and its activity rivals that of the Westeros section. I do not think so much of myself that I would claim sole responsibility for the revival but my part in it was by no means small.
    I spent HOURS upon HOURS promoting this forum, creating content, playing and hosting HotSeats and doing all I can to help this community grow, so I honestly believe if we are voting for the most constructive user over this past year then not one person in the main section has spent as much time and effort on growing this community as myself.

I myself nominated Saleska for this award but now that I think it over that would be like dismissing all the hard work ppl like Jadli, parafix and myself have put in over this past year simply because his burst of activity & HotSeat campaigns is what comes to mind most recently.

Honestly this whole silly popularity contest leaves a bad taste in the mouth. But just remember when casting your vote for prom King it is NOT just about

MystikMocha's Avatar Libertus

If I could suddenly turn everyone in this thread super friends and forget everything they just said, would I win this award?

Ramsay Snow's Avatar Senator

For those of you Westerosi left still to vote, know this: My vote is for Parafax. He is doing a great deal to add another level of realistic role play to the Westeros Community. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Quote Originally Posted by MystikMocha View Post
    If I could suddenly turn everyone in this thread super friends and forget everything they just said, would I win this award?
    naah, I have no personal hate for Soul or Parafix or anything like that, its just competition, and you cant win if you stay silent

We are both trying to win this, I dont really mind but im not gonna give the award for free to someone else

A Man's Avatar Senator

Arguement is pointless. This is just a voting of how people feel or think. It in no way means 100% objective truth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12