Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for version 3.8

Default Re: Looking for version 3.8

Thank you that seems to have fixed it although when I crushed Zants armies with Midna, I didnt get any surrender messages like your supposed to. I even waited for 10 turns but still nothing.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebot22 View Post
    Thank you that seems to have fixed it although when I crushed Zants armies with Midna, I didnt get any surrender messages like your supposed to. I even waited for 10 turns but still nothing.
    That is odd, as i do get them - try replacing the campaign_script.txt-file with this file below and place in your data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign-folder replacing the file there. Backup the old file first incase it doesn't work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_OO...ew?usp=sharing

Edit: Remember to once again remove the .rvm-file inside of data/world/maps/base.

It should be removed after any change in the campaign_scripts-file or the descr_regions-file.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 19, 2019 at 10:28 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

So after installing that script file, I lose the option to pick which side of the twili war I want to use (I always have to be Midna) and the game then crashes when Zant's armies try to spawn in on his turn.

So after installing that script file, I lose the option to pick which side of the twili war I want to use (I always have to be Midna) and the game then crashes when Zant's armies try to spawn in on his turn.
    I see - then i do suggest using the older one that i hope you did backup.

I don't remember exactly all the files that were edited in the patch. What date is your old campaign_script-file dated back to?

At least it seems to work using the older file for you - event choices could wait i guess. I would need to edit my old version back to a vanilla as i do not want to share the submod in an unfinished state.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Okay I've gone back to my original scipt file, tried using Zant and managed to get the Midna surrender event. So I guess I'll just stick with Zant for now until you have finished with your sub mod. Thanks for the help!

Okay I've gone back to my original scipt file, tried using Zant and managed to get the Midna surrender event. So I guess I'll just stick with Zant for now until you have finished with your sub mod. Thanks for the help!
    Thanks, and no problem.

I am un-raring the older version of my submod now. Gonna take a look at it and see how it can be restored to the older state. It will have ugly mounts, vanilla Med2 strat-models for like agents, vanilla resources, lots of vanilla settlements in battles and on the strat-map, missing symbols etc. I am also inclined to remove the Gold Knuckles or return them to the glitched state so people won't think they actually worked in the old version.

- The Havamal

I am uploading Hyrule Total War Version 3.8 on mediafire now. It will take a long time unfortunately due to the site having a really slow upload time. I do not think such an old version is worthy of MODDB.com - and i don't have any room on my Google Drive or Dropbox, both of which have a fast upload rate.

What i did the past couple of hours is:

1. Removed the Gerudo/Hylian/Twili/Ordona/Kokiri/Labrynna/Zora etc extra units that i had made into new units previously. They included mostly captains/generals or bodyguards of heroes such as the Vagrudanon and Archer Knights. But they also did include the unused Gerudo Gold Knuckles and the Ancient Hylians for the Kingdom of Hyrule. The Gold Knuckle unit weren't fixed in this version but i had added it to the custom battles and the campaign with a glitched animation.

2. I've restored the diplomacy to as it were in the original. I had made all the good factions allies, and all the evil factions - now they are like Neph had made it originally.

3. I've removed the diplomats that i did add to all the factions back in 2013 - mostly untextured Hylian diplomats or vanilla diplomats. The Minor factions with the exception of the Zuna and the Tokay won't have any diplomats now. The same is true for factions like the River Zola, Stalfos and the Gohma.

4. The Oocca and Majora factions have been removed from the diplomacy.

5. I've fixed an error in the campaign_script-file - the Vaati hero had a faulthy entry for one of his traits. It stated "Cowardly" when the trait should have been named "coward". It caused a CTD in my later version when Vaati were about to get that trait so i did fix it.

And that is probably it - i did test the mod for 51 turns without a single crash.

- Custom battles have all the heroes, including the Hyrule Historia heroes - most custom battle heroes will be removed in my submod to make room for more campaign units and that is why i kept them like this for this version.

The mod has all the community patches. I think it will be a great way to enjoy the older version if you never did play it in the past, or if you want to play it again - all the work is the work of Undying Nephalim with the exception of some patches. I did only do very little such as probably fix one or two issues, and remove some lines in the EDU to get all the heroes playable in custom battles. Very simple stuff - by playing Hyrule 3.8 you'd get to see what i started out with when i began work on my submod as well. Undying Nephalim is an awesome modder and i am a huge fan of his Hyrule Total War mod.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 19, 2019 at 03:08 PM.

- The Havamal

Hyrule Total War Version 3.8 Re-Release:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z4ut7g...le3.8.rar/file

Mod entirely made by Undying Nephalim, Community Patches by various old members on this part ofthe forum, fixing of a few issues and some edits by me!

About Hyrule Historia Missions: It only has mission 19-29 plus the Majora Prime mission. The Majora Prime final mission needs to be moved to the right location from the "unfinished" area. And also there are issues in this version with custom settlements not always showing up where they should.

- Undying nephalim had made some mistakes in the settlement-files so they wouldn't show up in battles. I've fixed all these issues in my submod of this version of Hyrule: Total War.

This version is just to show you guys what i started out with, as otherwise some of you would credit me for more work than i actually did - and also there has been demand for this version.

This version is unsupported unless it is an easy fix. My submod will be fully supported.

Edit:

Start the mod using the included AUI found in the main directory if you are using the CD-version of the game. You can use custom User Interface for any of the factions.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 19, 2019 at 04:08 PM.

- The Havamal

Hey guys

If anyone in here is playing HTW 3.8 that i re-uploaded on TWC in january, then i could use a tester of the Majora Prime Mission that i've restored. The Mission was included in my old version, but placed in a different "incomplete"-folder instead of in the Missions-folder. What it lacked were the videos and their scripts. I've re-made the intro and win-videos by downloading Neph's videos from Youtube, and then i've made it work by adding the scripts - copying from the Gerudo Wars working missions and changing the videos in use. At first i had a crash after the video had played, but i solved it by fixing some lines in the script. In any case - the intro and the battle plus the music in the battle is correct. I don't know if the win-video works as intended due to not having played through the entire mission. If anyone wants to do this i will provide the file. Just place the data-folder in your HTW 3.8 main directory and replace. It doesn't work with the recent version so you'd need the old one that i uploaded on total War Center in January.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17fq...ew?usp=sharing

- The Havamal

I can't edit the stupid post and it is unreadable..

Hey guys
    If anyone in here is playing HTW 3.8 that i re-uploaded on TWC in january, then i could use a tester of the Majora Prime Mission that i've restored.

The Mission was included in my old version, but placed in a different "incomplete"-folder instead of in the Missions-folder.

What it lacked were the videos and their scripts. I've re-made the intro and win-videos by downloading Neph's videos from Youtube, and then i've made it work by adding the scripts - copying from the Gerudo Wars working missions and changing the videos in use.

At first i had a crash after the video had played, but i solved it by fixing some lines in the script. In any case - the intro and the battle plus the music in the battle is correct.

I don't know if the win-video works as intended due to not having played through the entire mission. If anyone wants to do this i will provide the file. Just place the data-folder in your HTW 3.8 main directory and replace.

It doesn't work with the recent version so you'd need the old one that i uploaded on total War Center in January.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17fq...ew?usp=sharing

- The Havamal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12