Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need custom crusade unit help please

Icon3 Need custom crusade unit help please

Hey so I am need of an experienced custom unit creator to create a crusader unit (image below) as i want to create a cinematic in atilla to do with the crusades.

Extra info: I believe the crest they wear on their armour is the same as the Principality of Antioch crest from M2TWK and the helmet on tweak is called "cha_late_ridge_coif" if that helps.
    Would be great if someone could create these units as sword + shield, spear + shield and mounted. Thanks in advance for any help

Default Re: Need custom crusade unit help please

Update: I decided to attempt it myself with 0 experience and after almost 10 hours straight of watching guides, giving up, learning some things about changing unit appearance and countless trial and errors i have reached this stage:
    I still need to change shields and re-colour the cloaks but it's getting there slowly.
    For anyone interested, the other units in the background are from Kingdom Under Heaven: A Final Crusade mod on steam workshop by Wiid.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...=kingdom+under

Looks pretty good

Modding take some time the get the hang of but it's worth the work! Will you be releasing this on steam? I kind of want to use it for my rise of the north mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Looks pretty good

Modding take some time the get the hang of but it's worth the work! Will you be releasing this on steam? I kind of want to use it for my rise of the north mod.
    Hey yeah i'll be releasing it on steam but may take a long while because i'm very new to modding. I've got the permission from Wiid to use his mod so what i'm going to do is continue adding some of the knight units which appear in the movie Kingdom of Heaven to that mod then i'll upload the whole thing so it comes with his units and mine for a large crusader roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Looks pretty good

Also do you know where i can find some shield models? I was looking through your mod (which looks incredible btw) and I noticed you had some shields that aren't in the vanilla game such as the one on page 2 with the lion?

Currently with the shields I have access to, the ones in the shape of a kite all have the black bolt thing in the middle so when I recolours it it sort of stretches the center. Any idea where i can find a flat kite shield?

Most of the custom models are from the Medieval 1212 mod. Send a private message to LTD, their modeler, and ask him if you can use them. Tell him I sent you and he should say yes, he is a cool guy

thanks!

Revamped the units so now they look even closer to the units in KOH. Special thanks to Ltd from 1212ad for permission to use models and Athos187 for advice.

Now just need to make the mounted knight version and then the Mounted Knights of Ibelin
    Last edited by Centurio (Latin); July 28, 2016 at 06:32 PM.

Lookin good! Thinking about making a 12th century update for my mod and I would like to use these units

Will release them as soon as I make the other 2 cavalry units so you can use them for your mod. Shouldn't take too long as the long recolouring and finding correct textures and models part is pretty much done with the exception of the ibelin knights

Nice units!

Mounted knight version finished

So did you make the texture for the shield and the tunic yourself? They look really good!

The texture files for the shield and tunics were both from 1212ad but they had different patterns/colours/crests on them so I had to go on gimp and recolour everything to make it match how I wanted. And thanks i'm glad you like them! Took me a full day to recolour everything and find correct models and textures and add armour pieces because I had to go in game like 1000 times to check how everything looked and then make changes.
    Another annoying thing is I needed a white coloured diffuse file in order to recolour it properly with colorify in gimp otherwise it would just get darker and darker even if I chose a light colour so i extracted shield and tunics texture folders from 1212ad mod and went through them 1 by 1 to find a white version so that I could recolour the armour pieces properly.
    Last edited by Centurio (Latin); July 29, 2016 at 09:23 AM.

I actually need a texture pattern done for my mod, any chance you could help me out with this? Or could you point me to a tutorial that shows how to edit the pattern?

I used this to help me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dpZ0m52cuc
    except in the video she creates a new layer and does something with hue, If you instead right click on the image once you have gone round the edges with the "Free Select Tool" you can scroll down to "Colors" and then click on "Colorify" and use that. I found that it gave better colours and also allows you to see in a small window what the section of the image you surrounded with "Free Select Tool" will look like with whichever colour you choose. Also doing this maintains the previous textures so for example if you colour a tunic with colorify from white to red, all the features like the creases, rough patches, etc... from the original white tunic will show through on the new red tunic. There really isn't much to it you will be able to easily do it.

This video may may help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Ot8kASYaM, it shows him adding a recoloured tunic to a unit

Also what is the texture pattern you need?

Ok cool, thanks for the links. I just need to add the black eagle Turul to the Magyars' shields.

This is a link to what it should look like:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...earchtext=flag

Were you able to add the black eagle to the shields?

Mounted Knights of Ibelin completed now on to unit cards and adding to campaign.

Wow, let me know when you put this up on steam, seriously good job

I'll eventually get around to checking out those tutorials, I have a bunch of other things I need to do for my mod first though
    Last edited by Athos187; July 29, 2016 at 05:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast