Thread: assassins/spies reputation penalty help

Foederatus

Icon5 assassins/spies reputation penalty help

ok so im playing the Venice campaign on stainless steel mod (its also not my first campaign so i am familiar with diplomacy in the game) and its turn 51 rn so i dont have assassins yet but i do have spies i called the first crusade like 15 turns ago on Gaza just a turn before a jihad was called on Jerusalem (that's what triggered my crusade) i took a full stack army, 4 spies, 2 cardinals, 3 merchants and a diplomat with me after my army and my crusader states allies took Gaza i sold the city to the crusader states and sent my army up to Jerusalem to help my ally fend off the jihad i used my spies on the 2 full stack Khwarezmian attackers (1 spy died) after that me, a small crusader states garrison and a full stack french army attacked them we won of course and drove the jihadist out of Judea just after i saw the Norwegian crusaders making they're way for acre so i sent another spy into the city and besieged it 1 turn later my forces sacked acre and i was going to sell the province to the crusader states and here i notice that my reputation has gone from trustworthy to reliable WTF i know that using spies and assassins decreases reputation so i try to not use them much i have worked to build that reputation up, this has happend (on a smaller scale) in the past but now im just pissed at the mechanic i have searched a little for a mod that fixes this but i have found nothing i am posting this now because i want to know if there is a way to change this in the game files or if there is a mod out there that does it remember that i am on stainless steel 6.4 and im using windows 7 (not sure if that helps) and im also a noob when it comes to modding the game files so any replys need to
    be dumbed down enough for me to understand thanks for visiting and please respond

also one more thing i have noticed is the campaign ai just now i seen the crusader states send they're poor leader king Jacques an 8 star commander along with one unit of templar crossbowmen and the canons of the holy sepulcher to
    stand outside of Damascus (full stack Seljuk garrison) just waiting for them to attack

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Default Re: assassins/spies reputation penalty help

To clarify, do you mean you want to mod the effect using spies and assassins has on a faction's reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    To clarify, do you mean you want to mod the effect using spies and assassins has on a faction's reputation?
    i am curious as to why my other account is locked and not able to reply to this thread?
    yes, that is sort of what i am trying to get through what i want is for there to be no reputation penalty for using spies and assassins on the campaign map
    e.g. whenever you use an assassin to kill an enemy general your global reputation and your faction reputations will suffer even if your assassination attempt was successful
    how i want it is for global rep to never change because of assassins/spies and faction rep only suffers if you get caught
    i also know that your kings chivalry goes down when using these agents and that affects the popes view on you i think i have the submod that eliminates that but i am not sure i will check
    please undo what ever you have done to my main account

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

moved to the Text Editing and Scripting forum for Med 2
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

I'm unsure what may have happened to prevent access to your other account. Are you sure you didn't forget the password or type it incorrectly? What happens when you try to log in?

In the meantime, I can't help you with your modding question, but I'm sure someone will be along who can, shortly.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

I've checked your original account and as far as I can tell there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I suggest trying again, and if the issue continues then contact me via private message.