Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.2 Overview & Previews Collection

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: 1.2 General Plans Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    In 2.0 we will have galactic robots from the 34th century use inter-dimensional gates to create a proto-nazi germany in place of Rome so that they can conquer the time lords that rule them in the future.
    hell, this will need a huge load of new patterns and beards!
    and i thought i'm done with painting swastikas on shields

mirelicus's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    In 2.0 we will have galactic robots from the 34th century use inter-dimensional gates to create a proto-nazi germany in place of Rome so that they can conquer the time lords that rule them in the future.
    Nice
    Let me ask you this then:what are your plans ,in general,or ,what would take for this mod to be finished?
    what does a finished and polished DEI means for you?
    Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
    Muhammad Ali

Private jocker

This thread lists our general plans for the next 6-8 months (or however long this takes). That is enough to be concerned with now

After 1.2 I have no idea what we would be planning, the mod is already in a very polished state right now. I would consider 1.2 to be the completed version, but we can't help ourselves when it comes to new stuff. So you never know.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

mirelicus's Avatar Tiro

Great!thanks for the reply
    Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Muhammad Ali

Private jocker

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

I beg you to get rid of the mythical barefoot hoplites in 1.2. Good discussion on it here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistoria...on_their_feet/
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

I know this is probably the farthest thing on your to do list when creating this mod, but do you believe that in the time of 1.2 the issue that us lowly mac users have been facing when it comes to the grand campaign will be resolved with the new stratpos, as I remember that somebody stated that it might be the issue that causes the crash on the grand campaign.
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by FOR GONDOR View Post
    I know this is probably the farthest thing on your to do list when creating this mod, but do you believe that in the time of 1.2 the issue that us lowly mac users have been facing when it comes to the grand campaign will be resolved with the new stratpos, as I remember that somebody stated that it might be the issue that causes the crash on the grand campaign.
    Since none of us AFAIK own or play Rome on a Mac it will be difficult for us to test or even solve any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its possible it will be solved, we will know more as we get closer and I can get a test version to some Mac users. If I remember, Mac users were able to use the AE submod (which uses the IA map), so there is hope.

Or, you know, don't try to play games on the notoriously game unfriendly Macintosh operating system in the first place.

I always felt like people who tried to play games on Apples/Macs were like people who tried to haul what you would normally put in a pick-up with an El-Camino or Ranchero.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Or you could just simply make a partition for games on your apple/mac computer and have Windows on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Or you could just simply make a partition for games on your apple/mac computer and have Windows on it.
    Clever idea!

- The Augustus map itself is an improvement as there are more regions, more factions and better designed provinces. Syracuse, Jerusalem and other cities are now walled capitals. There also seems to be better pathfinding on this map (like other scenario maps) compared to the original GC map.
    Excellent new ! Congratulations. I dream, one day maybe, where mod teams will be able to create a full new europe map (with new tools from CA ?) with an big scale of map like the Caesar DLC = big big big europe map !!
    Last edited by super_newbie_pro; August 01, 2016 at 04:59 AM.
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Quote Originally Posted by super_newbie_pro View Post
    Excellent new ! Congratulations. I dream, one day maybe, where mod teams will be able to create a full new europe map (with new tools from CA ?) with an big scale of map like the Caesar DLC = big big big europe map !!
    Sadly, I tell you: Keep dreaming bro...

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Sadly, I tell you: Keep dreaming bro...
    Russians could make Empires map moddable, so eventually they could do the same with Rome II or Attila.

mirelicus's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    Russians could make Empires map moddable, so eventually they could do the same with Rome II or Attila.
    That depends on the amount of interest for this game
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Muhammad Ali

Private jocker

Russians are working with Atila, not Rome 2 afaik.

Attila's campaign map is moddable in terms of appearance, but the basic campaign logic will never be moddable. This includes settlement location, water/land location, etc.

Never seems quite a strong word. I mean when Shogun 2 came out who would have thought that Korea and parts of China could be added?
    Last edited by Master.Mind; August 02, 2016 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master.Mind View Post
    Never seems quite a strong word. I mean when Shogun 2 came out who would have thought that Korea and parts of China could be added?
    Yeah that keeps my hopes high.
    Maybe if DeI team is interested, a smart move to do now is to put in contact with the guy that created such mod for S2 and see the posibilities with R2. After all, it's the same engine.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Master.Mind View Post
    And they are extremly buggy anyway and was only possible because CA made special tools for that. Those tools are avaliable to anyone, they are just very difficult to use. CA would have to release such tools for Rome 2 in the first place.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Never is a strong word and I am always the first one to say modding should try everything. But CA has directly addressed the issue. I don't think it will ever happen. Hopefully I am wrong