Thread: A few random questions

Default A few random questions

I know Im a little late to be asking random gameplay questions but Im still playing and knowing the game mechanics and using them to my advantage is half the fun so here it goes:
    1- Are bonus research points given by buildings such as observatory or military academy global or same region only? its hard to judge when these points are being applied
    2- Does the type of building in a town affect how much wealth it gets? as in going from Poor > Growing > Prosperous etc faster?
    3- In my Prussia campaign there was what looked like global industrial penalty, where even provinces without any industry had a point of penalty, any reason for that?
    4- Does higher building level of say churches or Inns increase chance of agent spawn?
    5- In navy battles what happens when an admiral surrenders? does the other side get the same morale hit when he sinks or flees?
    6- last but not least how is Ship's 'firepower' calculated? seems like a mystery to me.

Default Re: A few random questions

1. I think global
    2. Depends on the port and other trade infrastructure (how developed) and also the value of the trade transiting through the region
    3. This is either a result of researching certain later technologies or I believe there are one or two very advanced industrial buildings that may add a worldwide penalty as well
    4. Yes indeed
    5. Indeed
    6. Not exactly sure what you mean but I think raw firepower is measured in # of guns and a few naval technologies have small modifiers to gunpower as well.

~Bobsy

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

on 6)
    I don't think it's such an easy calculation. There are ships with less guns but more fire power. Could it be that they try to simulate size of cannon this way? Like less but bigger cannon?

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival2211 View Post
    on 6)
    I don't think it's such an easy calculation. There are ships with less guns but more fire power. Could it be that they try to simulate size of cannon this way? Like less but bigger cannon?
    You are right.
    The size of the cannons on warhips varies.
    For example, galleys have very few, but very powerful cannons.
    And firepower takes this for account
    Wind from the East's Awards :