Thread: A decisive fixer-upper

Default A decisive fixer-upper

Not sure if this should be in here or the Gathering so I'm going for pot luck. Is there any chance we'll see, now that the patch has been released and installed the world over, a decisive bug-fix/improvement mod?

Working in for example, the princess trait fix, two-handed workaround, Shaba's diplomacy/AI fixes etc etc.

There's alot of stuff floating around, some original, some being used by several mods, but no single mod seeks solely to sort out problems alone. What's the verdict?

Default Re: A decisive fixer-upper

I would gladly donate my work to such an effort.

The AI declaring war by ship all the time thing is being pretty annoying too.

The AI seems to have no control over it whatsoever

I would realy like a fix-only mod.
    Many mods are realy great, but i also would like to play a fixed vanilla without modifications to the gameplay

That's mainly why I brought this up.

I've had a fair enough time with vanilla, and considering it will take some time before any single mod has reached a stage where there won't be constant updates and fixes, I'd rather stick to vanilla until I can get a hold of a few fully developed mods.

Yup, I'd be very interested in that too.

So far I've been using Lusted's mod as it retains the vanilla gameplay pretty nicely, mostly just fixing bugs and imbalances.

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri Zhivago View Post
    Not sure if this should be in here or the Gathering so I'm going for pot luck. Is there any chance we'll see, now that the patch has been released and installed the world over, a decisive bug-fix/improvement mod?

Working in for example, the princess trait fix, two-handed workaround, Shaba's diplomacy/AI fixes etc etc.

There's alot of stuff floating around, some original, some being used by several mods, but no single mod seeks solely to sort out problems alone. What's the verdict?
    Excellent idea. I like the game to be improved, but not totally changed.

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

moved to gathering
    @Yuri Zhivago
    too bad pot luck dint work
    the gathering is for discussing mod idea,
    and the mod thread is for developing the mod it self

btw it will be great if a community mod fixing bug is released
    Last edited by vikrant; December 15, 2006 at 02:18 PM.
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

Eudorus's Avatar Tiro

Yeah I totaly agree with the idea. the vanilla is OK but there are too many things that BUG the hell out of me. So a fix mod would be just what the dr orderd. (Vanilla is always better with chocolate topping )

Excellent idea - I have started fixing the traits & ancillaries and expect to have something ready later this weekend. If the changes we are making is going beyond the scope of your idea, I'll be happy to modify it to strictly bug-fixing.

Please allow me to take a stab at what to include in such a "Composite Fixer for M2TW":

1. Corrected EDB/building text file with:
    - missing units e.g. Armoured Sergeants for England, Dismounted Gothic Knights for HRE etc.
    - corrected text for Sea Trade buildings (doesn't give trade fleets)
    2. Corrected EDU file with:
    - 2H axe/polearm workaround (Lusteds seems to be the best at the moment, but looks like Horsearcher is brewing something interesting up)
    - slight increase in costs for siege/artillery so it's not so attractive to AI
    3. Updated descr_strat with:
    - missing Surnames
    - disabled show_years_as_turns
    - balanced starting florins and Kings Purse
    4. Traits & Ancillaries fix (bishops, piety, Pagan Magician, Princesses etc.)
    Thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73360
    5. Map: Corrected settlement names, "missing" roads and correction/addition of resources
    6. Corrected family names (e.g. Normans) - a project is in progress somewhere
    7. Shaba Wangy's Diplomacy Mod?

please add

So, who is interested in pulling this Composite Fix together?
    Last edited by King Philip II; December 16, 2006 at 07:49 AM. Reason: typo

forgot one important fix:

re 2. EDU
    - balance Longbows vs. Crossbows (Lusteds LTC 1.1 seems to do the job) - there is a good discussion in the general forum on the subject

-Fix Venetian Infantery and Archers upgrades
    -Fix Cannon/Ballista tower bug (don't know if a mod can fix it tho)

May I shamelessly point out that my mod pretty much address most of the items mentioned in this thread?

LINK