Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football League 2016/17

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Default Re: Fantasy Football League 2016/17

Finally ahead of the Template Guide team so that I dare to post here again* .

Massive week for Zlatan right now but I really need to free up some funds for defense if I wish to remain competitive. Just like last year I am a hundred points behind the top at Christmas but so far this season have felt a lot worse. My decision making seem to be a bit off which I guess is due to the fact that I do not have the time to follow the game the same way this year.

Sigurdsson failing to do well with his purple patch of opponents is a disappointment and I think dropping him for Phillips, Zaha, Allen, Chadli or Rodriguez could be the best way to free up some funds for defense. Phil Jones or Chris Brunt feel like high value targets right now but Gallus already got them so selecting them won't help me getting to 2nd place and I also worry if Jones will be a sure starter or not.

Options:
    Sigurdsson-->Rodriguez
    Friend-->Jones
    0.6 In the bank (for upgrading Fletcher or Amat later)
    +Rodriguez can be a major scorer if he is back to form.
    +I am unsure on if Friend will get back into the starting eleven.
    -Not convinced that Jones will remain a starter.
    -Not convinced that Rodriguez will maintain his form.

Sigurdsson-->Phillips
    Friend-->Rose
    0.4 in the bank,
    +West Brom got excellent fixtures coming up.
    +Getting rid of Friend.
    -Is Phillips really a long term player or will Chadli/Brunt take his place?

Sigurdsson-->Allen
    Amat-->Rose
    0.3 in the bank
    +Get rid of my weakest defender.
    +People seem to really like Allen.
    -I feel weird seeing Allen as a potential starter in FPL.

Sigurdsson-->Rodriguez
    Smith-->Brunt
    0.8 in the bank
    +High potential scoring.
    +Leaves me room to drop either Holebas (for Baines/Blind/Shaw/Lovren), Friend (Darmian/Lovren/Cedric/Anholt) or Fletcher (Allen/Fer/Can) in the future.
    -No sure high scoring defender like Rose.
    -Rodriguez may need to get kicked if not achieving my expectations.

Obviously I could do a combination of most of these transfers but I am not sure on which would bring me the most points. When looking at the Whoscored profile of Jay Rodriguez I also feel less tempted with Rodriguez, his strength profile is probably the least flattering I have ever seen: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/33891/. Also, congratulations to Petrucci for remaining the top scorer, your player selections have consistently been completely different but superior to mine which is very fun to observe.
    Last edited by Adar; December 27, 2016 at 07:28 AM.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'd go with Sigurdsson-->Allen and Amat-->Rose if I were you. I'm actually considering something similar, but I'd be selling Lallana. And then there's a question of Aguero of course. I'd have to sell Zlatan, but it feels wrong to sell a player ho has scored in double figures three times in a row.

Petrucci has been great. Whenever I look at his team I feel like mine is better, but he always end up outscoring me!

Thanks Gallus! I also dropped Sigurdsson I expect him to get like 30 points in next 3 game. I decided to give Yaya a shot instead. Midfield is giving me the most issue, almost half of the games I defense brings me more points then they do.

Civitate

With Zlatan, Costa and (potentially?) Kane in good form I struggle to see Aguero as a possibility. The premium options in midfield and defense are doing so well that I prefer the money there.

Today was a bit surprising. Amat and Friend are starting but Smith is not. I see potential potential in Friend and Amat could remain a decent non-starter.

R

Wait for Aguero to play before saying that. I don't really like Kane, but one of Ibra/Costa will definitely be in my team.

Decided to drop Costa and get Dele Ali then I realized I don't have enough money and that I have to drop more players in order to make some cuts, so I changed 5 of them and used a wild card. Pretty happy with the current state of my team.

Civitate

I also wildcarded and I am very happy with the outcome and a massive points haul. After news about Cost and the massive success of Kane I considered going the Costa-->Kane route. Unfortunately I did not want to knee-jerk and the game only got Costa yellow-flagged which made this delay very costly (2 mln + Kanes rise).

Considering my similarity to Gallus team there is no way for me to win this year either as I essentially need Danny Rose to outscore Jermain Defoe by a hundred points throughout the rest of the season . So this is definitely a two horse race between you now.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Did everybody wildcard? Unfortunately I kept McAuley (-3) instead of Coleman (12) expecting Everton to lose. I was wrong.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

I wildcarded this week. Let's hope I didn't ruin my team!

Civitate

Darn, down to fourth... Just so you know I am still trying and taking this seriously.

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

Yeah, I'm slowly climbing back up the table after a dreadful first quarter of the season. Would have helped even more if I hadn't decided that this was the time to bring in Ibrahimovic and make him my captain. Grr

Also, have you all seen next week's fixtures? I only have 4 players playing! Strange week.
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1988 View Post
    Also, have you all seen next week's fixtures? I only have 4 players playing! Strange week.
    I knew about that a few weeks in advance so I will have 10 players playing. All the teams that don't play this week will have two games in one week sometime before the end of the season, so keep an eye on that.

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

I now need to decide whether to use my wildcard to get a reasonable score next week, but rip apart a team that's currently on the up, or just have a terrible week next week, but keep my team.
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1988 View Post
    I now need to decide whether to use my wildcard to get a reasonable score next week, but rip apart a team that's currently on the up, or just have a terrible week next week, but keep my team.
    I'd keep your current team if you are doing well. Maybe do just one or two transfers to field 6, that should be enough for an average score.

Civitate

I think it will be hard to get back the cost for replacing a lot of players, especially considering that you will soon want them back into the team for DGWs. Like Gallus I will go with 10 players (if Phillips play for West Brom) but I think it is hard to find long term value among the players who play this week. Swansea, Liverpool or Everton players look the best bets to me as they can provide long term alternatives even though they won't get DGWs.

It seems I picked the wrong week to play my triple captain chip. I really though that two games of Aguero against two bad teams would be the perfect time to play it. I guess 9 points is still better than 2, but I was hoping for 15+ for this chip. I only have my bench boost and all out attack left (which is useless anyway).
    Last edited by Gallus; March 09, 2017 at 11:11 AM.

I got 6 points from my triple captain so I would trade with your triple captain choice any day of the week

When you put it like that...

Congrats for the monster score Adar, 69 points in a gameweek with only 4 matches is amazing. And you still have all your chips too.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Congrats for the monster score Adar, 69 points in a gameweek with only 4 matches is amazing. And you still have all your chips too.
    I did not quite expect Barnes to show up against Liverpool and increase the score further . But last year I think we learned something important about me and that is that when spring comes...

I am quite worried about Kane right now but hopefully I can pull off a dignified end to the season this year as well.

Anyone still playing? Petrucci was hard to beat but I think my lead is now large enough.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast