Thread: delete units

Default delete units

hi people.

I am sorry, I am newbie to this platform, so i might missed the place for this thread.

few days ago i posted - in EB Org- a thread for help titled 'import units'., in which i asked help for

"import new units from the other games/mods.".

The friend Ludens highlighted me to the proper link in the Scriptorium.
    but he also gave me a warning:

keep in mind that R:TW has limit to the number of units and models it allows, and EB1 is already very close to those limits.

well, he was right

i followed all the given instructions and added Roman wardogs (plus the roman_handler)

but at the moment to play. it crashed and show_err told me that there were too many units

so i tried to delete 2 units (belgae taramonnos and celtic cavalry myrcharn); and i went on and on deleting ALL the connected files i could find (while i passed through crash after crash).

but in the end, i got:
    DATABASE_TABLE error found: unrecognized record id belgae cavalry taramonnos requested.

then, i surrended. :wall:

the more i delete, the more still remain....

SO, now i ask exactly the opposite:

how can i delete/uninstall some units to give space to the new ones? is there any tutorial about it?

thx again

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: delete units

Well get the EB V1.21 Alex, the alex engine gives more unit slots than rtw, so you can add 20-30 units more.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Ryoga84's Avatar Biarchus

yup, what b0gia said
    otherwise you can try to delete the Taramnos/Myrcharn, but you need to delete all the entries in DMB, EDB, EDU, probably the campaign data and campaing scripts, maybe even the EB scripts and even somewhere else. So, it's an hard job
    ====== "Worst English User" 2012/2014 Award Winner =======
    ===========Running for the 2015, support me.===========
    Uchronia Barbarorum v1.05 , ahistorical submod for Europa Barbarorum 1.2 WiP
    Another Story: The Greek Wars v1.0 , submod for The Greek Wars 1.1 WiP
    4th Age +1, v1.0 , submod for Fourth Age: Total War 2.6 WiP

shame, i don't have alexander , only BI.

then i should buy it on steam.

well, you know... i like shield_wall and Schiltrom.....