Thread: How to continue the Fellowship campaign when the Ents cause a CTD while attacking Isengard

Default How to continue the Fellowship campaign when the Ents cause a CTD while attacking Isengard

Greetings,

I have a crash to desktop in every battle involving ents. I'm playing the Fellowship campaign but I cannot attack Isengard because it always crashes. I'm on Windows 10, Steam version.

Thanks.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

Quote Originally Posted by Marquis de Faux View Post
    Greetings,

I have a crash to desktop in every battle involving ents. I'm playing the Fellowship campaign but I cannot attack Isengard because it always crashes. I'm on Windows 10, Steam version.

Thanks.
    I'm afraid this cannot be fixed at the moment, although some effort has been put in solving this annoying problem.

For more info go HERE.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Default Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    I'm afraid this cannot be fixed at the moment, although some effort has been put in solving this annoying problem.

For more info go HERE.
    Alright, thanks. Is there anyway I can skip past this in the Fellowship campaign? There is no autoresolve.

Default How to continue the Fellowship campaign when the Ents cause a CTD while attacking Isengard

I'm in the Fellowship campaign and I can't attack Isengard with the ents because it keeps crashing. Is there any way I can skip this, or autoresolve it somehow (even though there is no autoresolve button)?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: How to continue the Fellowship campaign when the Ents cause a CTD while attacking Isengard

Use the cheat code for auto-win (goodle for cheat codes)

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: How to continue the Fellowship campaign when the Ents cause a CTD while attacking Isengard

I can't autowin because that needs autoresolve, the Fellowship campaign has no autoresolve.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Ah darn, then I'm afraid I don't know any solution I'm afraid

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

You can try this...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post10869085

Change the red line to be:

restrict_autoresolve false

I assume it works in the Fellowship Campaign. At the start of every turn autoresolve is turned off again.

The simpler solution is to comment out this red line (as shown: with a ";" in front) in {Third_Age}\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Fellowship_Campaign\custom_script.txt ...

Code:
    ;##################### Restrict autoresolve ##################
    monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
    ;restrict_autoresolve true
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionIsLocal
    restrict_autoresolve false
    end_monitor
    ... but you'll need to restart the campaign.