Thread: the norman general

Default the norman general

is extra, i cant beleive they didnt use it as the general of more factions, i would like to use it as the general of england and or france, i tried and didnt get that skin with the crown. What should i do ?

i went in exp model battle and there is no rufus or duc guillaume !!

Default Re: the norman general

i cant beleive nobody is replyin, this could be profitable to many of us, anybody ?

Yeah the norman general looks cool but it's not really necesarry the current generals look good i would rather want to change the captains they look like **** if they stand with a group of spearmen or peasants it looks silly since he is walking around with a shiny armour and if he stands with a group of shiny knights they look better then him

the captains look like aliens to me, just not the aztec and muslim one

so how do we manage to use the norman general ?

simple just edit the descr_character.txt here i'll give an example, allright i'am going to make it so the english king will have the norman king/pope as a named character and the aztec as a normal general

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    type named character
    (that stands for named generals )
    underneath find

faction england
    dictionary 2
    strat_model northern_general
    battle_model Northern_General
    battle_equip gladius, chainmail shirt helmet and rectangular shield
    change to
    faction england
    dictionary 2
    strat_model pope
    battle_model Norman_King
    then find
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    type general
    (that stands for normal generals )
    underneath find

faction england
    dictionary 2
    strat_model northern_captain
    battle_model Northern_Captain
    change to
    faction england
    dictionary 2
    strat_model aztec_general
    battle_model Aztec_General

or

faction england
    dictionary 2
    strat_model aztec_captain
    battle_model Aztec_Captain
    its pretty straight forward stuff it tells you what everything is at the top of the file anyways, hope this helps.

edders's Avatar Senator

I'm pretty sure using the norman_king battle model makes your general appear invisible.

the only reason that would be is becuase it isnt set up in the battle_models.modeldb that he is available for said faction, i'll take a look
    EDIT: ya its in the battle_models.modeldb section
    11 norman_king 1 4 71 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/norman_king_lod0.mesh 121 71 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/norman_king_lod1.mesh 900 71 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/norman_king_lod2.mesh 2500 71 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/norman_king_lod3.mesh 6400 1 7 normans 88 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/textures/early_general_england.texture 95 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/textures/early_general_england_normal.texture 0 1 7 normans 61 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final General_normans_diff.texture 61 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final General_normans_norm.texture 0 4 4 None 15 MTW2_Non_Shield 0 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 0 5 horse 18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 0 8 elephant 18 MTW2_Elephant_Crew 0 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 0 5 camel 18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    change to (to make available for england)

11 norman_king 1 4 71 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/norman_king_lod0.mesh 121 71 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/norman_king_lod1.mesh 900 71 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/norman_king_lod2.mesh 2500 71 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/norman_king_lod3.mesh 6400 2 7 normans 88 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/textures/early_general_england.texture 95 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/textures/early_general_england_normal.texture 0 1 7 normans 61 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/textures/early_general_england.texture 95 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/textures/early_general_england_normal.texture 0 1 7 england 61 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final General_normans_diff.texture 61 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final General_normans_norm.texture 0 4 4 None 15 MTW2_Non_Shield 0 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 0 5 horse 18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 0 8 elephant 18 MTW2_Elephant_Crew 0 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 0 5 camel 18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    if that dosnt work tell me (note: this is only enabling the norman king not the aztec captain/gen)
    (note: you have to do the top steps first in my other post)
    (note: inbetween the 0 and 1 you have to have 2 spaces __ not _ '0 1 7 normans 61' '0 1 7 england' '0 4 4 None 15 MTW2_Non_Shield' '0 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary' '0 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary' '0 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary' '0 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary')
    Last edited by Zorgrath; January 04, 2007 at 05:54 PM.