Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 1v1 tournament SIGNUPS + DISCUSSION {Only the best survive} {FULL}

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: 1v1 tournament SIGNUPS + DISCUSSION {Only the best survive}

Quote Originally Posted by saleska2 View Post
    Either way I think there should be a bigger map for round 1, I dont know if real 1v1 skill is represented enough on such a small map, especially not with some matches we've got.
    Then lets use Denmark vs Norway for the first round? In the meantime we can decide what to use for the 2nd round. In the 3rd round we will use Vivec vs Morrowind, and for the finals Ill prepare something secret?

sure, Norway does need a small boost tho as Denmark starts out way better.

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
    One minor thing that we should determine; does the infiltration condition for spies apply each turn, or can we agree that an infiltration done on a previous turn counts for future turns, as well?
    I think each turn would make things easier, otherwise you'd be afraid to move an army up to defend a settlement fearing a spie has been sitting there for turns.

I agree with you Saleska about match 2 and 5, but all this talk is going to make the other matches feel jealous...unless we start making friendly wagers for each round here

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Ye, Ill make sure its balanced, and I agree with kolu

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

We must have a poll for who will win on the main thread.If possible for everymatch.

May I join? I would like to prove myself against so many other good players here. :p

So we have 20 people who showed interest by now, if my count is right? Can we have a wild card round for those 8 who joined last? It will be 16 players after the wild card round.

And of course, we can adjust the size of the wild card round as more people want to join.
    Last edited by yzj991; July 22, 2016 at 05:36 PM.

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by yzj991 View Post
    May I join? I would like to prove myself against so many other good players here. :p

So we have 20 people who showed interest by now, if my count is right? Can we have a wild card round for those 8 who joined last? It will be 16 players after the wild card round.

And of course, we can adjust the size of the wild card round as more people want to join.
    I would be happy to join to face yoy in the first round and avenge myself for my only loss from when I first joined here

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

The tournament will be delayed for another week or two if we start a wild card round...

Lord Luka's Avatar Senator

I would like to join too if possible . This looks interesting.

misafeco's Avatar Biarchus

Damn. Restart? Maybe we were too quick making the brackets.
    Hungary against the Nations - The Holy Roman Empire
    Teutonic Terror II - The Teutonic Order - Winner
    Teutonic Warfare - Denmark
    Grand Campaign - Byzantium- Winner
    1v1 tournament - Lost to Ramble
    Westeros Tournament - Out in 1st round

If we do a wild card round the tournament wont be delayed by 2 weeks, more like 2 to 3 months depending on players/matchups. Im not looking forward to that.

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

So either we somehow find another 16 players, or we'll just have to start as it is. You guys are just a bit too late to the party, unfortunately.

If it is more satisfying to later players, I might host something like another grand campaign or w/e depending on what people want if they want another HS.

Ah yes i can see that you already have the brackets. I would still like to join so i would propose the following. Those of us who are late would start in a lower loosers bracket instead. So we would have the winners and loosers bracket. Everyone who looses goes to loosers bracket and can still fight for his chance of revenge. In the end the winner of winners bracket and loosers bracket would compete in bo3 with the winner having 1 win advantage. If you get a free win in one of the rounds in loosers bracket is not such a big deal imo.

Poslano z mojega LG-H815 z uporabo Tapatalk

We dont play BO3 and it would just hugely stall the tournament by multiple months.

BO3 is just for the finals. Everything else is bo1 so it would take the same amount as it would otherwise.

Poslano z mojega LG-H815 z uporabo Tapatalk

and how would you expect to get to a 1v1 finals with more than 16 people and less than 32?

A wild card round is exactly the same as a 32 player round with some players have a bye at the first round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
    I was expecting 16 players, since that would would make a nice 4 rounds (the 4th being the final), but what the heck, the more the merrier! Getting to 32 might be a problem, though. Any ideas how we could solve this, if we ended up with ~20?
    It will have 5 rounds with wildcard instead of 4 round with just 16 players. We could also use the tiny British map for that round, so it will end quickly. Overall there is not much difference time wise at all.

I think the winner and losers bracket is a bit too complicated, but we can try. If we do it, the finals should still be balanced if the winner of loose bracket didn't actually lose any match.
    Last edited by yzj991; July 23, 2016 at 11:23 AM.

It has to be equally fair for all players at all times as its a tournament. A bye is a huge advantage for some.

For each face-off we should do 2 matches as each player play each faction to counter the balance issue. If the score is tied at 1:1, then the player wins in fewer turns advances to the next round. It is better than 1 match or best of 3.