Thread: Italy is too op, how do you handle them as the Allies

Robertclive's Avatar Primicerius

Default Italy is too op, how do you handle them as the Allies

I played as the US and noticed they steamrolled Africa, so I switched to a British campaign. Same **** happened and it is annoying because I've actually been able to hold back the germans.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Italy is too op, how do you handle them as the Allies

Naval landings, naval landings, naval landings and a healthy dose of surprise motherer. If they're steamrolling Africa most of their army is there and not italy, which is where you army will be after you conduct 4-5 simultaneous naval landings
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Protector Domesticus

^ yeah Italy doesn't seem to handle naval invasions very well, constantly in my games hear that Rome has fallen to Britain and a good chunk of Italy gets temporarily occupied.
    A player in that scenario would do rather well for themselves.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Naval invasion is one that Italy can't handle at all. You should try invade Sicily and push to North and Alps. Italy have many hills and mountains, so better get mountain troops and artillery to that area. Product a lot ships and then send them to mediterrain. Make sure that you don't lose Gibraltar and Cairo for Axis. Otherwise your ships are trapped in Mediterranean and you cant do naval invasions.

As UK, the south african and canadian expeditionary forces alone are good enough to take east africa, and you should send all your forces in north africa. I pushed them back completely, even when Spain joined as the axis and sent everything they had to the fight in north africa. Focus on the ports and its easy.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR