Thread: Impact of recruited generals on family births

Default Impact of recruited generals on family births

I was just wondering what the impact of recruited generals was on birth of new family members.

I assumed the system worked, in the sense that the more settlements you have, say 50 (for argument) and only 10 family members, the greater your chance is of your family members marrying and having children. However, if your family is huge and you don't have many settlements, then you are unlikely to see many births happen.

My question was whether recruited generals, who aren't actually family members, still contribute to the kind of character limit which impacts on births.

Thanks

Default Re: Impact of recruited generals on family births

To the best of my knowledge (and I've not seen different or noticed when going through all the traits and triggers before.....) there are no settlement/family limits on births. It is indeed possible for a 'Ruling Family' to die out. Now, the forgoing may not be true and dear dvk' may indeed contradict me. I've just never seen nor experienced it.

One of the main things to realise is that every character is part of a 'family', but the only one the player sees is the ruling one. What is much more important is whether the character: marries; remains of an age; and actually has children - the main effect on the latter being the presence of a Greek Physician (and his later fellows). Whether he is in a settlement is also a significant factor (wives not accompanying their husbands on campaign).

I've always found, through all that testing (and this element of RS III remains essentially the same as RS2.5/6), that if I tend to use the Patrician members as Governors (in the end) and the Recruited Generals dependent on their traits and often in training, then my families grow rather nicely. I've always had excess characters and never seen an issue.

M2CW
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Yes, what he said. Recruiting generals, in my experience, has no effect or limitation on family members. In fact, I find that I have an excess, usually, of characters to use at one point or another.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Cool thank you, time to start recruitin'.