Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Breaking] Rise of Mordor: Release Date Hints and Speculations!

Default Re: Rise of Mordor: Release Date Hints!

Thereupon means something along the lines of "immediately after." This means that line 7 says something like "By the Valar, after that the key is no longer concealed." The rest of the poem seems to be a warning like other people have said, so I think the biggest hints are in the first 6 lines. Try to focus your efforts there. I do not know a great deal about LotR lore so I hope someone else will figure this out.

Default Re: [Breaking] Rise of Mordor: Release Date Hints and Speculations!

Either that or the theory about the eclipse in the last 2 lines is correct. The more I read those lines the more it sounds like an eclipse, but it can also be metaphorical regarding knowledge and the "path" to the release of the mod.

He's saying that we should just let them take their time to make this mod glorious and not to keep asking about a release date.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    Is that a fancy way of saying "Don't pester us about the release date!"?

Anyway, the unfortunate spelling mistake in the title aside, it is amazingly good verse. It was well worth the read
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    Actually no. It is a hinting poem!
    It is a message from Ëonwë. He made me so disillusioned that I made that error. But if you look closesly, maybe you can answer the riddle. The riddle in fact has an answer. Speculate around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Nomad 12 View Post
    He's saying that we should just let them take their time to make this mod glorious and not to keep asking about a release date.
    look at the two quotes above yours it is a real hint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMHO
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

So, this would be my thoughts on the prophecy:

From the earliest years of Arda: I agree with raeldrikp, this has to refer to the 15 331.2 Years of the Sun or maybe to the 1600 Yalian Years, because the Years of the Lamps are the first of the three great time-periods of Arda.

Before the days of the light of Varda: Varda actually created the stars and gave light to the Elves of Middle Earth, so this in my opinion must be Year 1 or Year 0 of Arda, because there was no Arda without stars and light, so this refers to the creation of Middle Earth itself.

The revival of Arnor: Aragorn ascends the throne, so May 1, 3019 is the only possible date I could find.

The enduring of Gondor: I assume this line refers to the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.Of course, there are more times when Gondor was in need and barely endured, but as this mod is about the War of the Ring, it should be the end of this battle in March 15 3019.

The Guardian of the Wood: I really don't know about this one, it could be Galadriel and Thranduil conquering Dol Goldur and by doing so protecting Mirkwood and/or Lorien, it could be Treebeard or Tom Bombadil, I honestly cannot decide.

The Axe of Erebor:
    I think this refers to the Battle of Dale during the War of the Ring, in which the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain, aka Erebor, and the Men of Dale fight against Easterlings and win. A important Commander is King Dáin II Ironfoot, who according to the books fights with a red axe.The Axe of Erebor could also refer to the Dwarves as a race, but this would not change my opinion about this line referring to the Battle of Dale in March 17-19 3019 Third Age.

The Demise of the Seed of lie, and deceit: the Men of Dale I can only think of Morgoth/Melkor as the seed of all evil, because Sauron only was his servant and learned everything evil from him. Morgoth was thrust through the Door of Night into the Timeless Void after the War of Wrath, but I cannot find any date connected to his end in Middle Earth.

The Banning of Gorthaur: Gorthaur = Sauron. He was killed by Frodo who destroyed the One Ring, but banned after the siege of Barad Dur by Isildur, who cut the ring off his hand in the Year 3441 of the Second Age.

The Day all Middle-Earth, does not fall to devour
    : Frodo killing Sauron in March 25 3019 Third Age of the Sun saves all Middle earth.

By the Valar, thereupon, the key is no longer concealed!
    Not by force, but by hope and loyalty, it can be revealed.:
    We cannot force the devs to give us a date, we should instead support them to get it.
    If lust for power and dominion reign,
    Should knowledge attempt to delve too deep
    Then hope and endeavour shall be in vain:
    If we ask too many times for a release date, all hope will be lost (very dramatic interpretation, I know )

And thy spirit shall wander, the Eldar, shall weep:
    So if we don't do as we are told (wait for more news about release) our souls will wander around and the eldar will mourn us. this sounds a bit like the reader could die??

When the Sun is gone, and the Moon is dead
    No light on thy path. No more sign, to be read:
    In two days, basically after the sun went down and the moon disappeared at daybreak, there will be no more hints and no more information regarding the release.

So, even though my assumptions do make some kind of sense, the year 3019 Third age is there way too often to make everything result in a logic date.

In the end I have to say: Really beautiful poem, but I think you just want to keep us busy so we stop asking about a potential (pre-) Alpha release .

Anyway, I had a lot of fun doing my research, so it was worth it in the end.

The riddle can clearly be understood as: "Go play pokemon far and wide til your greed is washed away and shall the light gleam over RoM at last"

Can't wait

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

Damn guys, it is not some sort of silly mouth-shutter
    Rise of Mordor: a total overhaul mod for Total War: Atilla
    Writer, rosterer, lore-master and battle balancer for Rise of Mordor

'So do I, and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Default Re: Rise of Mordor: Release Date Hints!

Ask Ëonwë if you have his number
    if this is a sign, the number of Eönwë is 8

Quote Originally Posted by Northern-Ranger View Post
    in other words 7
    here we have the 7.

so it may be 7.8.2016, or we have to solve the riddle of the poem with the help of the number 8!

its march 8 2019
    i dont really know this is wat i understand of everyones information but it might be 2019 because its still in pre alpaha-alpha version between it
    Last edited by Arifian; July 24, 2016 at 04:12 PM.

OK. I have been thinking about this for awhile and have become desperate. I have looked through the indexes of my old LOTR books and everything but could find nothing. But I am desperate so I have come up with this loose theory of sorts. It all starts with the third stanza

"If lust for power and dominion reign,
    Then hope and endeavour shall be in vain
    And thy spirit shall wander, the Eldar, shall weep
    No light on thy path. No more sign, to be read.'"
    I believe that this stanza is basically saying If we get impatient or try to delve too deeply into the words then we will not find the answer and we will continue to be confused. So I started looking at the syllables and could not find any correlations until I looked at the last word of each line and saw that the first stanza last-word-syllable count is 9 which, on a calendar equals September. Also in this stanza there are 12 capitalized lettersre are 12 months in a year, so, I think this indicates the release will be in september. In the second stanza there are 8 last-word-syllables and 12 capital letters which could mean anything, but, if you count the letters in the last words of each line it adds up to 31 which is how many days most months of the year have. And if when you count you don't include the G in gorthaur because it is capitalized it goes to 30 which is how many days are in september, hence September 8. If you look at the third and final stanza there are 6 last word syllables and 10 capital letters. If you add the two it equals 16. I'm most likely just grasping at straws but after lots of thinking and desperation I believe the release will be September 8, 2016

Is September the 8th, 2016 correct?

Quote Originally Posted by SmithErik View Post
    Is September the 8th, 2016 correct?
    probably not, just me being hopeful

@ctheg Nice job. For what it's worth, your prediction falls in line perfectly with the idea of an eclipse being relevant somehow (i.e. that by the penumbral lunar eclipse, September 16th our guesses won't really be relevant). It also fits with the idea of an early alpha being pushed back from August to September (forum posts seemed to indicate they were aiming for August).
    The only concern I'm facing is the whole numbering of the version. Normally "1.0" is used to indicate a post-alpha version of the software? Admittedly, I guess it could simply indicate the first major milestone.

Anyways great work, I'd say you're right and you actually took the time to try to read through the poem, unlike some of us who just did random reference searches and then "cheated" (using forum information and focusing on the eclipse).

Take all your time man, don't worry. We can wait

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ctheg View Post
    OK. I have been thinking about this for awhile and have become desperate. I have looked through the indexes of my old LOTR books and everything but could find nothing. But I am desperate so I have come up with this loose theory of sorts. It all starts with the third stanza

"If lust for power and dominion reign,
    Then hope and endeavour shall be in vain
    And thy spirit shall wander, the Eldar, shall weep
    No light on thy path. No more sign, to be read.'"
    I believe that this stanza is basically saying If we get impatient or try to delve too deeply into the words then we will not find the answer and we will continue to be confused. So I started looking at the syllables and could not find any correlations until I looked at the last word of each line and saw that the first stanza last-word-syllable count is 9 which, on a calendar equals September. Also in this stanza there are 12 capitalized lettersre are 12 months in a year, so, I think this indicates the release will be in september. In the second stanza there are 8 last-word-syllables and 12 capital letters which could mean anything, but, if you count the letters in the last words of each line it adds up to 31 which is how many days most months of the year have. And if when you count you don't include the G in gorthaur because it is capitalized it goes to 30 which is how many days are in september, hence September 8. If you look at the third and final stanza there are 6 last word syllables and 10 capital letters. If you add the two it equals 16. I'm most likely just grasping at straws but after lots of thinking and desperation I believe the release will be September 8, 2016
    can the team please say if the above date is correct or not
    many thanks in advance

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionSpider13 View Post
    We can wait
    We're patient.

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

@atthias

No more answers and hints from me guys

'So do I, and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Citizen

@atthias
    damm but what is than the point of guessing if we don't get an answer?
    well modders are strange folk I guess

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

Why? The answe is in the first post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast