Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Server Information thread - IP, TS info, rules.

Default Server Information thread - IP, TS info, rules.

IP: 158.69.23.84:25172

Teamspeak IP: twcminecraft.teamspeak3.org

Dynmap
    http://158.69.23.84:31147/

Welcome to the Unofficial TWC Minecraft server! This is not the average Minecraft experience. Rather than focusing on building (of which there is still plenty of), we have created a server optimized for the PvP / Strategy gamer in mind. Utilizing various plugins, on this Minecraft server you may forge your own nation and vie for power through war and politics, or play even play as a mercenary or bandit for your own gain. This thread will be covering all of the server rules and information you will need to get started on the server.

Before you do anything else, read the ToS and follow it religiously. Those rules will also be enforced in game. Then go and read the New Players Community Guide, which will be below in a spoiler.

Server Rules

• You are warned that these rules while largely cover most forms of behaviour, are subject to change as needed. Extreme cases of poor behaviour outside of these listed rules can still be punished by staff under the final rule which protects the spirit of the server. If in doubt about the legality of performing a certain action it is always best to take the more cautious approach and/or seek guidance from members of staff. Total War Center Terms of Service apply to all forum threads and interactions.
    • Forum Posts and Server chat are to be free from insults, harassment, trolling, and flaming. These resources exist to provide meaningful content to the server/community, not to provide a means to stroke one's ego.
    • You may not declare war on other factions without a faction with minimum of two players, and an established base.
    • You may not operate out of FOBs (forward operating bases) during times of war. This includes but is not limited to: setting spawns, mining, farming, etc. The only exception is setting spawns for short term use for sieges, after which you must vacate the FOB.
    • Do not abuse manpower mechanics. This is to include any manipulation of mechanics to restore player manpower during wars, or killing players currently at war if you are not in a warrable faction (2 players w/ an established base).
    • Do not cheat. The currently only allowed mod on this server is Rei's minimap.
    • Do not abuse glitches.
    • Do not multi-account/play on the server with more than one account.
    • Do not share your account with others or use someone else's account.
    • Do not combat log. Logging out in situations where combat is about to start, or at great risk of starting, is also prohibited. Logging out in enemy claims is also prohibited. Claiming during combat is also prohibited.
    • Do not spawn-kill. Upon death it is illegal to kill a player again unless they move from their spawn location, or take any action such as attack or open chests.
    • No using obsidian walls in fort/structure design, obsidian floors and roofs are allowed.
    • When at war it is permissible to kill enemy animals, however you are required to leave at least two of each type.
    • No excessive griefing in claimed lands (or lands neighboring claimed chunks in the process of being claimed). Strategic griefing is allowed (griefing specifically to allow you to reach or kill your enemies).
    • Do not break chests in enemy lands as this is considered griefing. You may feel free to loot items in chests as you wish, so long as you are not despawning all of their contents.
    • Do not destroy Blaze Spawners. Do not destroy any other spawner in claimed land. Spawners in the Wilderness (except Blaze Spawners) can be destroyed at will. Do not destroy beds in claimed land. Enchanting Tables, Alchemy Stands and Anvils can be stolen from claimed land during war, as can Iron and Diamond blocks.
    • Roads and infrastructure outside of claimed lands are fair game, however upon request moderation will supply the builder the name of the person involved in any destruction of blocks so as to allow player retaliation.
    • If a nether portal is created, a space must be always be left to allow a person to re-enter it after having come through.
    • Do not create permanent redstone clocks as this creates server side lag.
    • Staff will adapt the rules at their discretion should they see the need, with input from the community.
    • Staff will take further action to preserve the spirit of the server should they see a pressing urge, in addition to the above listed rules.

Server Moderators (No affiliation with TWC staff):

elofan (Elofan on steam, elofan on forums)
    akar (akar on steam, Akar on forums)
    pyrate999 (Pyrate on steam, pyrate9999 on forums)
    Keelos (Keelos Penguinos on the forums, KeeloMcJingle$wagBerrie$ on steam)
    Nerva2004 (Nerva1993 on the forums, Nerva1993 on steam)
    ajr914oh (Caesar914 on the forums, ajr914oh on steam.)
    TheRokusho (The Witch King on the forums, TheRokusho on steam)
    Mekijjel (Mekijjel on the forums, Mekijjel on steam.)
    Jock (Jock on steam, King_of_Scotland on the forums)
    Plibtman (Tuco on steam)
    dxsora2 (?????)
    Aanker (Aanker on steam, Aanker on the forums)

Server Admins (No affiliation with TWC staff)
    Ditronian (Ditronian on Steam, Ditronian on the Forums)
    Redmond_Boyle [AKA Brogan] (irelandeb on Steam, Redmond_Boyle on the Forums)
    TheEliteDwarf (Elite on Steam, TheEliteDwarf on the forums)
    Chat Commands

1. /whisper <player> <message> Tells a private message to player
    2. /f c p Joins the server public chat
    3. /f c f Joins your Faction's faction chat
    4. /f c a Joins your Faction's Allied chat (can be seen by all allies)

Basic Minecraft Chat Commands that are commonly used.

1. /help <page> Shows a list of all available commands
    2. /me <text> Shows your name then specified text (/me is actually awesome, thankyouverymuch is *pyrate999 is actually awesome, thankyouverymuch)
    3. /kill Commit Suicide

Factions Plugin Commands

Faction Rules

1. Each faction member has a maximum manpower of 200 and lose 25 on death.
    2. A faction must have at least 2 members to be able to claim land and declare wars.
    3. Faction members can open doors and chests in enemy territory.
    4. Players can break blocks in enemy territory when the enemy faction has at least 1 player online. They take 1 heart of damage for each block broken.
    5. There are no faction homes or any other teleports in this server.
    6. Faction officers can claim enemy faction land when the said enemy faction has less than 30% of their max manpower.
    7. Faction members do not regenerate their manpower when at war with any other faction.
    8. You can not declare war on a faction which has less than 50% of their maximum manpower.

Economy - we've got an ingame currency where blocks mined directly translates into money. This is used for transactions, claiming land for factions, and showing off to your mates. Here are the commands:

1. /money Check your balance.
    2. /money [name] Check others balance.
    3. /money pay [name] [amount] Send money to others.

List of Item Values when mined:

• Dirt - 0.25
    • Sand - 0.5
    • Gravel - 0.5
    • Log - 0.5
    • Sandstone - 0.5
    • Stone (including Andesite, Diorite and Granite) - 1
    • Clay - 3
    • Nether Quartz Ore - 3
    • Coal Ore - 3
    • Iron Ore - 5
    • Redstone Ore - 10
    • Lapis Lazuli Ore - 10
    • Gold Ore - 10
    • Diamond Ore - 30
    • Emerald Ore - 30
    • Obsidian - 10

Item Bans

• Ender Chests
    • Wither
    • Beacon
    • (Enchanted/Pink named) Golden Apple
    • Potion of: Invisibility, Swiftness, Healing, Harming, Poison, Regeneration, Strength, and Weakness.
    • Arrows associated with the following effects: Invisibility, Swiftness, Healing, Harming, Poison, Regeneration, Strength, and Weakness.
    • The following Enchantments (Table with enchantment effects: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Encha...Enchantments):
    • Elytra

· Fortune I, II, III
    · Protection I, II, III, IV
    · Fire Protection I, II, III, IV
    · Projectile Protection I, II, III, IV
    · Thorns I, II, III
    · Sharpness I, II, III, IV, V
    · Knockback II
    · Fire Aspect I, II
    · Fortune II, III
    · Power II, III, IV, V
    · Punch I, II
    · Flame I
    · Infinity I
    · Feather Falling I, II, III, IV
    The following potions are banned:

• Healing
    • Harm
    • Regeneration
    • Strength
    • Speed
    • Poison
    • Weakness
    • Slowness

Custom Recipes - I'll post a link to an imgur gallery showing the recipes once I find it

Iron Horse Armor
    Gold Horse Armor
    Diamond Horse Armor
    Name tag
    Chain Helmet
    Chain Chestplate
    Chain Leggings
    Chain Boots
    Saddle
    What not to do, as well as some definitions: (Note: Stolen straight off of the site of our old server. Some of this may be obsolete, and will be updated as needed.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Manpower: Manpower is the single most important factor involved in wars. Every player in MCW has a manpower score from -150 to 200, dependent on how many times that player has died. During times of peace manpower regenerates over time up to the max of 200, and then from there drops by 25 per death. During times of war however all manpower regeneration is disabled, making the mitigation of deaths extremely important. A faction's manpower is the sum total of all of it's players' manpower, and if a faction's manpower drops below 30% of its maximum during war, their enemies will be able to purchase their lands and force an end to the war. When fighting wars you must pay close attention to your faction manpower at all times, and if necessary seek terms for peace before your manpower falls dangerously close to the 30% mark.

Spawn-Killing: Now that we've talked about the importance of manpower, you need to know how to avoid the number cause of rapid losses in manpower. Spawn-killing is not allowed on MCW, however new/younger players commonly do not understand what does and does not constitute as spawn-killing. To be afforded protection, a player must NOT move or take any actions upon respawning at his/her bed. Accessing chests, punching enemies, and running from your bed will all result in your enemy taking another free kill. The safest method to avoid potential spawn kills when the enemy is in your spawn room is to log out, so long as you have not taken any of the mentioned actions (which would then make it a combat log).

Combat Logging: Combat logging is illegal and simply put is logging out of the game when enemies are present. The best rule of thumb for defining 'present' is if there are any enemies within view range, regardless of whether that view is obstructed (ie they are outside your base behind a wall), or even if you don't know they are present. In the event of you not knowing they were present, you may recieve a message on steam/skype etc asking you to log back in which is recommended to ensure your safety and prevent any possible moderation action. Typical first time violations for combat logging are reduction in manpower by 25 and awarding of gear to your enemies (just as if you died). If you are ever unsure of the legality of you logging out, feel free to ask a moderator/admin and they will give you an exact answer.
    Looting: Looting of enemy chests is one of the most rewarding aspects of MCW, making the hiding of one's valuables of upmost importance. Many new factions to the server, having never gone through a war, neglect to properly hide items such as diamonds, iron, and armor, commonly resulting in having all their gear lost in the opening moments of the war. Once one's resources are lost it is very easy for one's enemies to overwhelm a faction and win the war. The best methods of hiding valuables involve burying chests, whether it be the floor, wall, or ceiling, behind multiple blocks. Raiders typically will break surface blocks attempting to find buried items, so depths of 2+ are highly recommended (and covered with some kind of natural block).

Griefing: Tactical griefing is the only kind of griefing permitted on the server. What this means is that you are allowed to break/place blocks on enemy land (must have one player online, and you will take 1 heart of damage per block) only to attack enemies (ie breaking walls in sieges), and to search for chests. Extensive griefing for either of these two objectives will be restored via plugin, and necessary moderation actions will be taken. The only blocks you are allowed to break and steal during war are: Enchanting Tables, Alchemy Stands, Anvils as well as Iron and Diamond blocks. Breaking of enemy beds and other blocks (for looting) is strictly prohibited.

Zero-Tolerance Harassment Policy: We've had staff and community members from server iterations 5+ years now and one thing we've learned is that a healthy community requires that you can feel as if you can play without being the eternal target of someone's jokes, however funny they think it may be, or their outright insults. Player behavior is expected to be overall good – we engage in acts that can already be infuriating, such as wars, raiding, or wilderness ganking, so we see no need to further compound that experience by letting players belittle each other. Acts of harassment that will not be tolerated are, but not limited to: insulting, offensive commands (such as “screw off”, "bugger off", or the dreaded "f-word off"), or the use of persistent extreme sarcasm to repeatedly mock everything a player might say in chat. Public player chat is meant to be fair grounds for all, not a place to further harass “enemy” factions or their faction members. This does not apply to faction chat or alliance chats, but using the /whisper command to harass others will also be punishable.

Note: The following is all based off of my personal experience, and I'm the second biggest scrub on the server. (sorry buddydog). Consider that as you read, and as always your results may vary.

Basic Advice

1. Make stashes - Seriously. Stashes of armour, stashes of resources, stashes of food, stashes of whatever. Hide them well. This will be incredibly helpful if you are raided or go to war.
    2. Make multiple stashes - This always happens. You're going to have your stashes discovered eventually. The more you build, the more stuff you have left to fall back on if need be.
    3. Find a good podcast or some good music - You're going to have to mine for hours, unless you're lucky enough to have some willing underlings. Accept this fact and make it as tolerable as possible.
    4. Engage in chat - We're a friendly bunch, and most of have something to say, even if it's not very interesting. Talk to people. It really enhances the experience.

Factions Advice

1. Don't create a faction, join one - At least at first. Starting off as your own faction with your friends may sound fun, and some of you might chafe under the rule of others, but the best way to learn the server and get a decent start is by joining an established faction and helping them. You can always break off and make your own at any time.
    2. Build a castle - Whether you're part of a faction or on your own, a cool castle or house or fancy pirate ship is an excellent ticket to prestige and glory. We try to nurture building here, so go hog wild. The best fights are usually in an awesome castle or fort as well, so there's that.
    3. Engage in diplomacy - Make allies and friends. Work out glorious peace deals. Desperately try to avoid war after you insulted some dwarfs while trying to watch their battle. Although, that being said...
    4. Don't be afraid to fight - PvP is in the name of the server. Don't be afraid to fight and lose, and remember that it's often better to accept defeat while you still have stuff than fight on to the bitter end and get annexed, or have all your stuff stolen.
    5. Trade - Seriously, even if it'd be easier to get the stuff yourself, trade. In person, ideally. It's a great way to meet people, see awesome builds, and explore the world. I try to travel to every city I can.

Shill Advice:

1. Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    2. Read this AAR: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Minecraft-AAR It's an excellent introduction to the server, IMO, and it's what got me playing. Really encapsulates a lot of the spirit.
    3. Wiki, kindly maintained mostly by nerva.: http://m-cw.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

This is all open to suggestion and modification from the community.
    Last edited by Pyrate9999; August 14, 2016 at 05:36 PM. Reason: clarifying the unofficial nature of the server
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrate9999 View Post
    reddit doesn't have the kind of people we want. It has the kind of people that are 12 and play MC.

Default Re: Server Information thread - IP, TS info, rules.

Server goes live in 10 minutes.

IP was updated, I'm an idiot. Repeat, IP is 198.24.169.74:56667
    reddit doesn't have the kind of people we want. It has the kind of people that are 12 and play MC.

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

If the ip pyrate gave doesn't work, try: 198.24.169.74:56667
    Well... he beated me to it.

Was the dynmap IP already given out and I overlooked it?

Read the third sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Rumour View Post
    Read the third sentence
    I did. That wasn't my question.

Did someone give a link yet for when it comes live? Or, I might be forgetting, will it be some different suffix on the server IP?

That's why I was trying to be polite and suggest I missed something.
    Last edited by firebird1170; July 16, 2016 at 11:59 AM.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by firebird1170 View Post
    I did. That wasn't my question.

Did someone give a link yet for when it comes live? Or, I might be forgetting, will it be some different suffix on the server IP?

That's why I was trying to be polite and suggest I missed something.
    No, you've not missed anything. The Dynmap's ETA is unknown right now, but as soon as it's able to be rendered and released we'll put up the IP for everyone.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    No, you've not missed anything. The Dynmap's ETA is unknown right now, but as soon as it's able to be rendered and released we'll put up the IP for everyone.
    Ah ok, thanks. Pardon my confusion.
    Last edited by firebird1170; July 16, 2016 at 12:55 PM.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Where do I go to get my username verified or whatever so I can join the server? I changed my name recently(to Cahoma with a big C as I am a big boy now) and now I can't join. This is very upsetting.

There's no whitelist here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius Decimus Maximus View Post
    There's no whitelist here.
    Although I'm starting to think that there should be...

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

Although I'm starting to think that there should be...
    Someone is such a diligent mod

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

Ohhh. I guess it meant something about verifying my username with Mojang or something. Oh well. Server seems to be down but it looks like I can join now.

Edit: No, says the same thing. I'll figure this out I'm very smart I swear
    Last edited by Cahoma; July 16, 2016 at 04:52 PM.

I'm having the same problem as Cahoma I think... Can't join this particular server for whatever reason although I can join others.

Mike92574's Avatar Tiro
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Do you have the right version of MC?

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

I fixed mine by logging out and back into my account.

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

Can't join the server either. *shrug*

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Server is currently down due to plugin issues

Cryers-'s Avatar Semisalis

It'll be up soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast