Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 84 killed in another terror attack in France (updated attacker's details)

Default Re: 84 killed in another terror attack in France (updated attacker's details)

So much for individual act of lunacy by single person.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/22/wo...says.html?_r=0
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ces-prosecutor

Evidence from mobile phones and computer records suggested that Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel was not a recently radicalised “lone wolf”, as previously thought, but had several accomplices and had planned his attack for up to a year.

The prosecutor said it was increasingly evident that Bouhlel’s attack was premeditated and that he had logistical and planning support from the five others, with whom he had been in regular contact. “He seems to have envisaged and developed his criminal plans several months before carrying them out,” Molins said.

The five people include a married couple from Albania, accused of supplying the automatic pistol that Bouhlel used to shoot at police, two French-Tunisian men and a Tunisian man. None were known to the French security or intelligence services and only one, a 41-year-old French-Tunisian, had a criminal record, for robbery, theft, assault and drug offences.

Photographs and searches on the attacker’s mobile phone included pictures of the Bastille Day fireworks in July 2015, and an article referring to the “magic potion called Captagon”, which Molins said was a drug “used by certain jihadis preparing terrorist attacks”.

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: 84 killed in another terror attack in France (updated attacker's details)

Hmm. So the guy wasn't a lone wolf after all? I guess you can call the dude who dismissed him as a "minor threat" a gardener, because (s)he just picked a whole bouquet of whoopsie-daisies on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Uh it won't even be French nationalists it'll be random French people and it'll be simply out of survival instinct. People aren't just going to sit around and see their relatives killed every few months while the government does nothing about it.
    I doubt it.

-constantly overthrow Middle East governments whose fault was not to bow down to the West and Israel, often hiring extremist groups and giving them weapons
    -at the same time, import millions of people from those very same areas to use them as cheap labor, constantly unemployed or underemployed.
    -never considered that those millions of people that have been displaced and brought in at the bottom of society might be: a)pissed off b)not interested in the values of the host society
    Oh and yeah, these beloved politicians also take money from countries interested in spreading radical views, like Hillary takes money from Saudis, Sarkozy took money from Qatar,allow them to fund mosques/cultural centres that serve as recruitment offices for terrorists and propaganda channels.

This has recipe for disaster written all over it.
    The only solution now is to undo as fast as possible all of the above.
    I don't care what's happening, discrimination against someone based on their religion is not a solution.

- Okay, I can see what you're talking about here, even if it is a generalization. I'm not much of an interventionist. But many of these governments were hardly doing nothing more than failing to "bow down to the West and Israel". Besides, the US overthrew quite a few Latin American countries, and there's not much of a terrorism problem there. So overthrowing governments that aren't pro-Western enough does not, on its own, cause terror.

- These people are refugees, are they not? Are we really going to blame them for picking the best nearby region to go to? That sounds like little more than immigration. But I suppose that it is a country's right to decide who enters their borders and - more importantly - who does not. And yet, the typical "Muslim terrorist" profile is often second-generation to the country they attacked, not a recently-arrived immigrant.

- Yes, this can happen. But it's about as ridiculous to say that none of these people want to integrate as it is to say that all of them do. Unless you're claiming all these immigrants are going to be terrorists, then I can only assume that you admit that these people as a whole are on a spectrum of how much they like the place they've traveled to. In short, I'm sure some of these folks don't care to integrate (there was a stint like that in the US with European and Asian immigrants), but it's a bit silly to say that all these millions don't want to.

Lastly, I don't know about other places so I won't vouch for them, but running a political campaign in the States is expensive. Running for Senator can cost ten million dollars, easy. A Presidential campaign is now a quarter-of-a-billion dollar enterprise. Candidates have to accept money from a variety of sources to stay competitive, and I personally find the simplistic narrative that candidate + donation money = bought politician to be a bit ... simplistic. People on the internet overstate and exaggerate it a lot. Donors are an influence on decisions, sure. But not the influence. The US political system wasn't built that way.

Just because Hillary Clinton accepted quite a bit of money from Saudi Arabia doesn't mean she will lean back in the Oval Office chair and mutter "shoot, now I have to be soft on terrorism and foreign interventions". I imagine that she'd do quite the opposite, especially considering how much of other people's money she also accepts. You know, the donors that don't know Arabic and don't like terrorism.
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement

Quote Originally Posted by pacifism View Post
    - These people are refugees, are they not? Are we really going to blame them for picking the best nearby region to go to? That sounds like little more than immigration. But I suppose that it is a country's right to decide who enters their borders and - more importantly - who does not. And yet, the typical "Muslim terrorist" profile is often second-generation to the country they attacked, not a recently-arrived immigrant.

- Yes, this can happen. But it's about as ridiculous to say that none of these people want to integrate as it is to say that all of them do. Unless you're claiming all these immigrants are going to be terrorists, then I can only assume that you admit that these people as a whole are on a spectrum of how much they like the place they've traveled to. In short, I'm sure some of these folks don't care to integrate (there was a stint like that in the US with European and Asian immigrants), but it's a bit silly to say that all these millions don't want to.
    1- the last guy wasn't France-born, he was a tunisian citizen, present on the national territory for eight years, one of his complice was France-born, while another complice was "franco-tunisian"... But anyway, wait, what does it changes? Nothing, in fact France-born or not, petty criminals before becoming jihadists act in the same manner. Because are of the same stock.

2-Integration in France have functionned well for European primo-immigrants, then the second generation one was absolutly assimilated. These peoples have integrated and assimilated BECAUSE of cultural, racial, ethnic proximity between the various Europeans and autochthnonous Frenchmen. Also many peoples forget that still many Portugueses, Italians, English or even Koreans don't succeed to appreciate this country or decide to not stay for another reason, in that case they just return. They don't stay there parasiting the country for eight years and become not petty criminals like so much of 2nd/3rd generation afromaghrebians or franco-martians are.

I doubt it.
    I give it 1 year.
    The current worthless government already refused to close radical mosques. It's literally telling the French ''you are on your own''.

I don't care what's happening,
    I wonder, you don't care because it's not happening to you? Because that's how Hollande, Valls and most of modern politicians reason. As long as it's not happening to them, then it doesn't matter. They live safe surrounded by guards. The commoner? Yeah who cares.

discrimination against someone based on their religion is not a solution.
    Point me where I suggested that.
    But for the sake of discussing this point and I hope we never come to that, what do you think the answer would be in a referendum:
    -live with Muslims and terrorist attacks every few months
    -ban Muslims from France

Self preservation instict goes with the second. There will be no argument like ''omg racism'' against it. We are at the point of a major attack every few months, there's no such thing as Islamophobia anymore, the fear of being slaughtered is based on facts, not irrational.

Thus the problem must be resolved fast, before we are left to only those 2 alternatives.

- Okay, I can see what you're talking about here, even if it is a generalization. I'm not much of an interventionist. But many of these governments were hardly doing nothing more than failing to "bow down to the West and Israel". Besides, the US overthrew quite a few Latin American countries, and there's not much of a terrorism problem there. So overthrowing governments that aren't pro-Western enough does not, on its own, cause terror.
    There isn't the religious element in South America. It doesn't compare.

No. Refugees are a recent thing. What have been coming for the last 20 years in the rest of Europe and 40 years in France are mainly economic migrants, specifically invited for economic purposes.

The whole refugees thing is another debacle, because instead of just taking people who are actually risking their lives, Merkel invited everyone from Syria, even those who live in areas that are safe on the coast.
    The fallacy in this argument is that invididuals integrate if they live within native communties. If you bring in millions of people, aka mass migration, then they are going to be stuck in ghettos and form their own separate communities, see the banliue in France or Molenbeek in Belgium and that's where the terrorist come from.
    Then you have blindfolded progressives that actually cheer for these separate communities and immigrants retaining their culture as the infamous ''cultural enrichment''.

You can't talk about integration and multiculturalism at the same time. One is the opposite of the other. You can't have integration and mass migration. You can have integration of individuals, not millions of people creating enclaves.
    Lastly, I don't know about other places so I won't vouch for them, but running a political campaign in the States is expensive. Running for Senator can cost ten million dollars, easy. A Presidential campaign is now a quarter-of-a-billion dollar enterprise. Candidates have to accept money from a variety of sources to stay competitive, and I personally find the simplistic narrative that candidate + donation money = bought politician to be a bit ... simplistic. People on the internet overstate and exaggerate it a lot. Donors are an influence on decisions, sure. But not the influence. The US political system wasn't built that way.

Just because Hillary Clinton accepted quite a bit of money from Saudi Arabia doesn't mean she will lean back in the Oval Office chair and mutter "shoot, now I have to be soft on terrorism and foreign interventions". I imagine that she'd do quite the opposite, especially considering how much of other people's money she also accepts. You know, the donors that don't know Arabic and don't like terrorism.
    So Hillary is going to close radical mosques, funded by Saudi Arabia after taking money from them?

Obama certainly didn't do that and despite all the narrative, he's not fighting Islamic terrorism at all. He doesn't even name Islamic terrorism anymore. It is a fact that under those politicians you just justified, Salafism has spread in the West and in the Middle East. They are not fighting extremism, they are siding with them. Of course you can ''imagine'' whatever you want. Reality is going to crash the party though. Just like it has been happening every 6 months in France for the last year and half.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; July 22, 2016 at 10:03 AM.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

No. Refugees are a recent thing. What have been coming for the last 20 years in the rest of Europe and 40 years in France are mainly economic migrants, specifically invited for economic purposes.
    Just to point out that economic migrant weren't invited by anyone. They invited themselves.

I'm always amazed by how many Muslims apparently do not want to live in an Islamic society, preferring ours instead, but still refuse to integrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinenta Buttox View Post
    Just to point out that economic migrant weren't invited by anyone. They invited themselves.
    Not really. People can't just invite themselves. There are borders. Politicians adhering to the Washington consensus and in general neoliberal economics however live with the mantra more people=more gdp, which translates to things like seasonal workers, job centres created in third world countries to connect the labor force to entreprises for work permits or simply amnesty for illegal immigration. Immigrants don't have the power to decide open borders policies, politicians do.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Thus the problem must be resolved fast, before we are left to only those 2 alternatives.
    That's a gratuitous statment. I don't think there's many who would not want to see terrorism made a thing of the past as soon as possible, and that certainly includes all moderate, democratic politicians in Europe. It's all about how to tackle these problems.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Davius's Avatar Senator

Default Re: 73+ killed in another terror attack in France

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    Germany that has more muslims has no terrorist attacks.
    Care to try that again?
    Are cops killing blacks in disproportionate numbers? Nah:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphi...ice-shootings/

Hmm. So the guy wasn't a lone wolf after all? I guess you can call the dude who dismissed him as a "minor threat" a gardener, because (s)he just picked a whole bouquet of whoopsie-daisies on this one.

I doubt it.

I don't care what's happening, discrimination against someone based on their religion is not a solution.

Discrimination against a violent, insane religion is probably a good idea. There is a reason why Satanists, who practice dangerous cult rituals, are generally persecuted more often than say, Catholics. I think it's rather apparent to anyone who pays even the slightest attention to life and culture in the Middle east and among muslim immigrants that Islam is a religion that encourages, sanctions, and promotes violence and cruelty.

Let me provide you with a great anecdote. I live in NYC, and my girlfriend has a muslim, Bangledeshi father. Her father also has a vast family, all Muslim, all from Bangledesh. I will give you a bit of detail on her life.

Her father wishes to marry her off, against her will, once she graduates college. She is not allowed to go outside unless she's with her mother or her brother. I can only really see her when she goes to college. She is forced to cook, clean, and do virtually every household chore. She was regularly beaten when she was young, and if she dares disobey her father's demands, she'll be beaten again. Her father is a violent, psychopathic person. But he also thinks he's doing the right thing, because of the Qur'an.

And of course, then there's the rest of her disgusting family. Her uncles that beat their wives, drape them in dresses that cover every inch of their body, and treat them like slaves in every manner. Her brother's islamic tutor, who gropes the little boy whenever he teaches him. Her aunt, who was killed for trying to get away from her husband. Her husband has been in jail for several years now. The muslims that fill her neighborhood look at her lustfully, try to grope her when they can, and disrespect her in a variety of other ways.

Now you might be wondering at this point, Tritus, what kind of moron are you to get involved with this unbelievable shitfest? Let me tell you; love makes people do crazy things. My girlfriend is constantly afraid her father will kill us (literally, kill us) both for "dishonoring" him. I should also let you know, these aren't even first generation immigrants. Her grandparents moved here, and her parents were born in the US. It frightens me to think of what first generation communities are like in Europe.

If you don't believe one anecdote is proof of a general trend of violence and degeneracy, then go and describe to me of a time when you've experienced a Christian family, neighborhood, or community that ever existed in so vile a form.

This is why I think we need to discriminate, and hopefully annihilate, this horrible religion.
    "Everyone believes in something. I believe I'll have another drink."

"Wise was he who created god."

Default Re: 73+ killed in another terror attack in France

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    On the other hand i am becoming tired of hearing every time that its muslims and islams fault. Yes lets say that its muslims fault. So? What should we do with 1.6 billion muslims on this planet?

My neighbor's dog is not a problem as long as it stays out of my yard.

Muslims in Iraq or Pakistan are not a problem as long as they are kept in Iraq or Pakistan.

The answer is simple, the planet's 1.6 billion Muslims are not to be given free passage into Western nations.

A hostile desert religion of fanaticism and hate can only cause problems if we allow it into our society.

The answer is a simple matter of legislation and immigration bans. If a nation cannot control who comes and goes then it is not a nation. If a nation will not control who comes and goes then the people do not want a nation.

A nation has to have the ability to the will to decide who comes and goes.

Islam is not compatible with life on this planet in the Western context. The West can either survive and thrive or it can embrace Islam and sink into the abyss. Islam needs to be kept out of the Western world.
    Last edited by ByzantinePowerGame; August 01, 2016 at 09:54 PM.
    "God is, as man conceives Him, the reflected image of man himself." Albert Pike in Morals and Dogma (33° AASR)

Ignore list [to save time]-
    Ferrets54, Hanny, Harith, mongrel, Setekh, Gaidin, Bismarck1899, antaeus, empr guy, Enros, IronBrig4, The spartan, the_mango55, Sar1n,

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Tritus View Post
    Discrimination against a violent, insane religion is probably a good idea. There is a reason why Satanists, who practice dangerous cult rituals, are generally persecuted more often than say, Catholics. I think it's rather apparent to anyone who pays even the slightest attention to life and culture in the Middle east and among muslim immigrants that Islam is a religion that encourages, sanctions, and promotes violence and cruelty.

Let me provide you with a great anecdote. I live in NYC, and my girlfriend has a muslim, Bangledeshi father. Her father also has a vast family, all Muslim, all from Bangledesh. I will give you a bit of detail on her life.

Her father wishes to marry her off, against her will, once she graduates college. She is not allowed to go outside unless she's with her mother or her brother. I can only really see her when she goes to college. She is forced to cook, clean, and do virtually every household chore. She was regularly beaten when she was young, and if she dares disobey her father's demands, she'll be beaten again. Her father is a violent, psychopathic person. But he also thinks he's doing the right thing, because of the Qur'an.

And of course, then there's the rest of her disgusting family. Her uncles that beat their wives, drape them in dresses that cover every inch of their body, and treat them like slaves in every manner. Her brother's islamic tutor, who gropes the little boy whenever he teaches him. Her aunt, who was killed for trying to get away from her husband. Her husband has been in jail for several years now. The muslims that fill her neighborhood look at her lustfully, try to grope her when they can, and disrespect her in a variety of other ways.

Now you might be wondering at this point, Tritus, what kind of moron are you to get involved with this unbelievable shitfest? Let me tell you; love makes people do crazy things. My girlfriend is constantly afraid her father will kill us (literally, kill us) both for "dishonoring" him. I should also let you know, these aren't even first generation immigrants. Her grandparents moved here, and her parents were born in the US. It frightens me to think of what first generation communities are like in Europe.

If you don't believe one anecdote is proof of a general trend of violence and degeneracy, then go and describe to me of a time when you've experienced a Christian family, neighborhood, or community that ever existed in so vile a form.

This is why I think we need to discriminate, and hopefully annihilate, this horrible religion.
    Thanks for sharing, and I hope all goes well for you and your girlfriend. I am genuinely sorry to hear the situation is so difficult for you. I can relate to this story on a number of levels; my best friend found himself in a very similar situation for about five years. He was a western guy in a relationship with a Muslim girl (her family was from Pakistan) and the family didn't accept the relationship.

I have no idea how long you've been in this relationship - is it a few weeks, a month, a few months, a year? Many years? Unfortunately, the issues are not straightforward. One option would be that you and she run away together and start a new life. She would lose her entire family, but from the description it seems like that wouldn't be much of a loss. Have you talked to her about your future together? The decision boils down to this: either you'd have to convert to Islam and hope that they come round, or you have to run away with her and she will never see her family again.

I would also point out that I fully sympathise with your plight and agree that the actions of this family are not good, but you should be aware that these things are not even remotely the Islam that I know. There is no place for such barbaric behaviour in the Islam I follow. Unfortunately some communities from South Asia (Pakistan, parts of India, Bangladesh) can be very backward and ignorant in their cultural behaviour; it sounds like this family is one example. There is a world of difference between what these people think Islam means, and what the real Islam is. They're following some extremely unpleasant cultural norms which have little to do with Islam and a lot more to do with the tribal codes of the regions they come from. Not all Muslims are like that (at all!). Unfortunately though, I appreciate that this is largely irrelevant to your situation.

I'm a bit reluctant to say more in this thread because doing so would reveal too much personal things about me and I don't want to go there in a public forum; however, please do send me a private message if you want to discuss. I would try my best to help in any way I can.

Good luck with this and sorry to hear things are so bad at the moment. I hope it all works out for the best.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Quote Originally Posted by Tritus View Post
    Well, if we're going by personal anecdotes, there are a lot of crazy evangelicals in the US. http://www.cracked.com/personal-expe...t-maniacs.html

http://www.cracked.com/personal-expe...childhood.html

I might also bring up my friend's experience. She was born into a rural Texas family and home schooled. Her childhood and teenage years consisted of cooking, cleaning, and caring for younger siblings while both parents were preoccupied with fundie stuff. The girls were rarely allowed outside and taught only crazy conspiracy theories instead of math and science; they were only being raised to find a husband and pop out 8 or 9 kids. What went on in that household was pure child abuse, but both parents frightened the kids into not ever running to the police. Apparently, the cops and CPS were outsiders who didn't follow "the one true God." She was married off as a teenager to another fundie who regularly beat and raped her. Again, she didn't go to the police because it was her duty to please her husband.

She finally got out of that life by getting the state involved, and thank God for that. Now she's married to a wonderful man, she has a degree in anthropology, and she's doing well. But most of her family never forgave her for "going against her kin." But she's happy and healthy while they're living out in the sticks and are hopelessly addicted to illegal drugs and painkillers. I think she won.

I've lived in three Middle Eastern countries (Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Qatar) and I never had a problem with Muslims. I have found EVERY Muslim I know to be more amiable and kindhearted than any of the Christian fundamentalists I grew up with.

That said, your girlfriend needs to be removed from that situation. Do NOT go off half-cocked without any evidence; you might just make the situation worse. Find some proof of abuse and get the authorities involved.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    Well, if we're going by personal anecdotes, there are a lot of crazy evangelicals in the US. http://www.cracked.com/personal-expe...t-maniacs.html

http://www.cracked.com/personal-expe...childhood.html

I might also bring up my friend's experience. She was born into a rural Texas family and home schooled. Her childhood and teenage years consisted of cooking, cleaning, and caring for younger siblings while both parents were preoccupied with fundie stuff. The girls were rarely allowed outside and taught only crazy conspiracy theories instead of math and science; they were only being raised to find a husband and pop out 8 or 9 kids. What went on in that household was pure child abuse, but both parents frightened the kids into not ever running to the police. Apparently, the cops and CPS were outsiders who didn't follow "the one true God." She was married off as a teenager to another fundie who regularly beat and raped her. Again, she didn't go to the police because it was her duty to please her husband.

She finally got out of that life by getting the state involved, and thank God for that. Now she's married to a wonderful man, she has a degree in anthropology, and she's doing well. But most of her family never forgave her for "going against her kin." But she's happy and healthy while they're living out in the sticks and are hopelessly addicted to illegal drugs and painkillers. I think she won.

I've lived in three Middle Eastern countries (Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Qatar) and I never had a problem with Muslims. I have found EVERY Muslim I know to be more amiable and kindhearted than any of the Christian fundamentalists I grew up with.

That said, your girlfriend needs to be removed from that situation. Do NOT go off half-cocked without any evidence; you might just make the situation worse. Find some proof of abuse and get the authorities involved.
    I agree that there are "crazies" from every group of people, but I find that there tends to be more "crazies" in the religion of Islam. Christianity has its fair share, but not nearly as much. There are even "crazies" within my fellow group of Athiests, but it's very rare.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Yeah. Everyone needs to stop using the Christian distraction. Look up how many Islamist attacks have happened in 2016 alone. Totally dwarfs Right Wing attacks.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

I am tired of hearing the same BS about Islam being a religion of peace and that there is a problem only with some extremists. Muslims that indeed follow the quran come in two versions. There are those with the guts to blow themselves up in a mall in the name of allah and there are the rest that don't but you can be damn sure that they won't be feeling bad about it and may even harbor the others. The real moderate muslims that usually claim that islam is peaceful tend to be muslims in name only that don't know jackshite about islam, drink wine and generally live like westerners. ISIS has not ''hijacked'' islam, they follow its rules to the letter, they are islam in its pure form. Yes, in this case we will have to resort to discrimination based on religion, since this particular religion is an extremely barbaric and dangerous ideology that is entirely incompatible with the most basic western values. It is infuriating that after so many deaths there are still many Europeans that refuse to accept that we are at war. Just search on google in how many muslim countries being gay is punishable by death and then please, go on about how misunderstood this wonderful religion is.
    Last edited by Elianus; August 04, 2016 at 03:40 AM.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Chouf(), when I said over and over that french medias, contrarily to the common impression shared in left and among "progressives" folks, that these medias constantly try to defuse explosive situations, minoring details that would turn peoples crazy, then here, you again have an example of this approach of how "details" should be treated according them.

So what is happening?

Witnesses in Nice(three ones, parachutist veterans who stayed in situ to help peoples) said that looters started to steal phones on cadavers(imagine the butchery it was). The witnessing mentions "a band of five", another pushed the abomination to stealing the doll of a dead child.

http://www.jeanmarcmorandini.com/art...s-enfants.html

Of course its a detail, but only "peripheric" medias are talking about that. Now, you could think, but "thats unic", no it isn't. Looters at a larger scale did it in 2013 when a train derailled in Brétigny-sur-Orge.

http://www.tagtele.com/videos/voir/118511/

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

While we are at anecdotes: once there was a thread that lost sight of it's OP and got closed.