Thread: GEM for Windows 10

Default GEM for Windows 10

Hi,

I have been looking for a solution in the foru, but all the ways still doesnt work to me. I tried to instal GEM mod, downlaoded from this forum and install in Attila and Warhammer in a Windows 10 (64x), in a laptop (the hp star wars edition, for more info). The computer has Windows 10 since I bought it. Of course, both Attila and Warhammer are legal copy from Steam. But doesnt work, sometimes crash, sometimes the game work, but without any change, the game works, but GEM not. With and without mods.

I tested the file in my other computer with windows 7 (to test if the download was corrupted) and works fine in Attila and Rome 2 (legal copy from steam too) with and without mods.

Im running the games in max settings in both computers without problem, I have around 8gb of new stuff by my own mods, and works fine, the only problem is with Windows 10.

So please, if someone can explain me how to install

Default Re: GEM for Windows 10

Be sure to uncheck 64Bit in the GEM Configurator. Attila is a 32Bit game. Also, using compatibility mode might help. Go to the Attila.exe, right click on it and click Properties, hit the compatibility tab on the new window, and select Windows 8. Then just turn on compatibility mode in the GEM Configurator as well.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

I already did that before post here, works the first time, then CTD each time I run Attila or Warhammer

Same for me, with a laptop and w10

I'm going to, for the 3rd time, quote my reply to users having W10 issues ok?

Confirming again and I have:
    1)Win10;
    2)Bypass, compatibility mode and 64bit aplication unchecked.
    3) I removed the blurr effect.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    , click show to read:

Hope it helps you both

Thanks Tenerife_Boy but doesnt work, only the first time works, any other time I launch the game, CTD (vanilla or modded), I tested in Attila, Rome 2 and Warhammer.

Then the problem is entirely you bro, cause I can and many of us can so why you wouldn't ? maybe a low tier Pc ?

I dont think show, Im playing Warhammer, Rome 2 and Attila in max settings, and the times GEM works (just the first one after install it or apply your changes Tenerife_Boy), works fine, for hours, but as soon as I exit the game, the next time always CTD. In fact the laptop was released just a few months ago.

GPU Drivers, verify game caché etc etc etc, what I know is that I have it working as many others

I responded to a thread about this a while ago but it since hasn't developed at all, but I can't understand why this doesn't work for Shogun 2. I used to run Windows 7 and it worked perfectly there. On trying to run it with GEM, the game simply doesn't start up, but a crash file is always created in the Shogun 2 folder, same thing happens with compatibility mode turned on. I also used to even have it run for Civilization V!

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

i can confirm it isnt working on windows 10 eventhough i did what tenerife boy said.
    When i enter the game with gem it isnt working and also i have noticed that i cannot choose shaders above 3 because they are greyed out when i have gem installed(eventhoug it isnt working)

EDIT well i fixed it, i had almost all of the redistributables installed in a 64bit operating system but i didnt have the 86x 2013 , i installed it and it was fixed
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; October 18, 2016 at 11:54 PM.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Okay, finally works. What I did?

Exactly what Tenerife_Boy said

but before play the game I must open GEMX_Configurator and click on "save configuration", each time, even if the configuration is the same, but I must click on Save. Tested in Rome 2, Warhammer and Attila, and is the only way that works for me. If I dont do it, only works the first time after installed GEM. But doing it, works each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassassins View Post
    Okay, finally works. What I did?

Exactly what Tenerife_Boy said

but before play the game I must open GEMX_Configurator and click on "save configuration", each time, even if the configuration is the same, but I must click on Save. Tested in Rome 2, Warhammer and Attila, and is the only way that works for me. If I dont do it, only works the first time after installed GEM. But doing it, works each time.

+rep is always well apreciated as a way to say "Thank you"

[15:35:01] Welcome - GEMFX is preparing for 32bit application
    [15:35:01] Running on Win10.0 ... adjusting algorithms
    [15:35:01] (If you are running Win8.0 instead, please select compatibility mode in the configurator!

No bypass, no compatibility mode, no 64bit.
    Installed all redists, installed all driver updates. Crashes on startup.

Any help?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by BeMental View Post
    [15:35:01] Welcome - GEMFX is preparing for 32bit application
    [15:35:01] Running on Win10.0 ... adjusting algorithms
    [15:35:01] (If you are running Win8.0 instead, please select compatibility mode in the configurator!

No bypass, no compatibility mode, no 64bit.
    Installed all redists, installed all driver updates. Crashes on startup.

Any help?
    Someone recently reported a problem with the bypass feature for Win10 on the Workshop page of steam. It seems as if an update to Win10 changed something about the rendering chain or memory addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    Be sure to uncheck 64Bit in the GEM Configurator. Attila is a 32Bit game. Also, using compatibility mode might help. Go to the Attila.exe, right click on it and click Properties, hit the compatibility tab on the new window, and select Windows 8. Then just turn on compatibility mode in the GEM Configurator as well.
    Thanks, my Warhammer work well when I checked 64Bit; checked Compatibility Mode in GEMS and Windows 8 compatibility.
    But my Rome II does not work (uncheck 64Bit; uncheck/checked Compatibility Mode in GEMS and Windows 8 compatibility).
    PLEASE help me!

Elijah Bovin's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Long VQT View Post
    Thanks, my Warhammer work well when I checked 64Bit; checked Compatibility Mode in GEMS and Windows 8 compatibility.
    But my Rome II does not work (uncheck 64Bit; uncheck/checked Compatibility Mode in GEMS and Windows 8 compatibility).
    PLEASE help me!
    Welcome to DX12 problem, i think. Im trying to use reshade, sweetfx and GEM in my win10(x64) and all this dont working in this dx12. All compatibility functions dont help. Tomorrow I'll try to put another windows and I will write here what happened.

Elijah Bovin's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah Bovin View Post
    Welcome to DX12 problem, i think. Im trying to use reshade, sweetfx and GEM in my win10(x64) and all this dont working in this dx12. All compatibility functions dont help. Tomorrow I'll try to put another windows and I will write here what happened.
    All work in 8.1(x64) and dx 11.