Thread: crash at Dodongo's cavern with Lana

Default crash at Dodongo's cavern with Lana

so i have an army lead my Lana that's attacking dodongo's cavern (the gorons attacked my allies the sheikah again and i decided to send an army out of the vigjaro glade into the cavern nearby) , i haven't used her yet in my campaign as i was saving her for later, i've already conquered the gohmas (which took me more error fixing to get the battles to work right since i spelled gohma wrong in the folders i made somehow lol and that made it crash) but yeah as soon as the battle starts and i zoom down to my units it crashes. not sure if it's my units or lana or both. here is what my logs say.

5:38:02.151 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Hyrule/data/ui/custom_portraits/Lana/portrait_young.tga,12332
    15:38:02.151 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Hyrule/data/ui/custom_portraits/Lana/portrait_young.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    15:38:02.152 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Hyrule/data/ui/units/wizzrobe/#Hylian_Wizards.tga,12332
    15:38:02.152 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Hyrule/data/ui/units/wizzrobe/#Hylian_Wizards.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    15:38:02.152 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Hyrule/data/ui/units/wizzrobe/#Acolytes.tga,12332
    15:38:02.152 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Hyrule/data/ui/units/wizzrobe/#Acolytes.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    15:38:02.153 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Hyrule/data/ui/units/wizzrobe/#Earth_Reaper.tga,12332
    15:38:02.153 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Hyrule/data/ui/units/wizzrobe/#Earth_Reaper.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    15:38:02.153 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Hyrule/data/ui/units/wizzrobe/#Deathwiz.tga,12332
    15:38:02.154 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Hyrule/data/ui/units/wizzrobe/#Deathwiz.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    15:38:02.154 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Hyrule/data/ui/units/wizzrobe/#Pyro.tga,12332
    15:38:02.154 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Hyrule/data/ui/units/wizzrobe/#Pyro.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    15:38:02.155 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Hyrule/data/ui/units/wizzrobe/#Electro.tga,12332
    15:38:02.155 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Hyrule/data/ui/units/wizzrobe/#Electro.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    15:38:02.155 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Hyrule/data/ui/units/wizzrobe/#Crystal_Golem.tga,12332
    15:38:02.155 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Hyrule/data/ui/units/wizzrobe/#Crystal_Golem.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    15:38:27.714 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

all those files are there where they should be, so i don't see what the issue is. anyone know what the problem is? i have the hotfix and the community patch, downloading the 4.1 patch as i type this but not sure that will help

Default Re: crash at Dodongo's cavern with Lana

After you get and apply the 4.1 patch. I want you to do some custom battles with each of those units. 1 at a time. In a 1v1 against some thing else.
    I've done this method before to find out which unit is causing the problem.

Sorry if my Previous post was commanding... I meant it as a Suggestion that would help use out to fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    Sorry if my Previous post was commanding... I meant it as a Suggestion that would help use out to fix this problem.
    lol it's ok, but yeah i'll do that and see what happens, i'll update afterwards

ok so i i installed the 4.1 patch and did the custom battles with lana, worked fine in those. but uh, i can't load my save game it just crashes. do we have to start over every time a patch is out? or did something go wrong?

i wish i could edit comments -_- but yeah i started a new campaign and i saw there was a lot of differences in the map, and some new factions, so i can see why my old save didn't work XD

If you still get a Crash with the same army fighting at the same place. But non of the units cause crashes in custom battles. Then it could be that the battle map has a bug. Or a General from the Free Form Campaign Code could be the bug.

Ether way. I hope you enjoy the new release.

well i went back to dodongo's cavern with lana. the game didn't crash, but then last time i tried it king dodongo was there and he isn't now cuz i rushed over to it before the gorons got it so it was just a rebel settlement. however i did do a custom battle with king dodongo and it worked normally, so i assume it's fine. not sure what fixed it,