Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Total War Through the Ages: Rome!

Default Re: Total War Through the Ages: Rome!

Once again thanks for the kind words!

Here is the latest episode from today:

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Despite the overwhelming numbers of attackers in the first siege battle, it looks as if your Roman civil war is going well for the Julii. As before, your comments on both battlefield tactics and campaign strategy look helpful. I like your idea of producing a highlight reel of your favourite battles (or best moments). I was a bit surprised that you did not have archers in your walled cities near your enemies, but of course you did not know which cities would be attacked beforehand. The second siege battle is exciting, with your city under attack from multiple sides.

Thanks again for the kind words! I've never really used archers that much mainly cause I don't have many places that can train them. It's certainly something I would do in future play through's as archers would be a huge help in defending. The highlight reel will be a thing at some point, but it'll probably take me a while.

And here is the final episode (number 47)!!!

Big thanks to everyone for watching and providing feedback! The comments and feedback in particular are awesome and super helpful!

Another video will be up later today as a conclusion and will have a few questions I would love to hear some answers on. Should be up in a few hours!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Your final episode shows how good strategists have back-up plans, in case battles do not work out as we intend. In the siege attack, I like the way that you illustrate both the advantage (a safe way to create a breach in city walls) and disadavantage (you cannot choose where they go) of sapping. I like the way that you use sapping to bring your cavalry into action relatively early in the battle - in siege attacks, my cavalry are normally useless until I capture a gate. As you said, ideally it would have been great if you could have ended the series with a battle on an epic scale - and, as you said, this battle is still entertaining. I look forward to seeing your conclusion and the next stage in your Total War through the Ages series with Barbarian Invasion.
    Last edited by Alwyn; September 18, 2016 at 02:38 AM.

Sorry for the super late reply...

Thanks a lot for the kind words!

This series has been on hiatus for quite a while, however, Barbarian Invasion will be starting in the next few weeks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12