Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Young/Middle Bloods VI (ENDED - EVIL SIDE VICTORY)

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Default Young/Middle Bloods VI (ENDED - EVIL SIDE VICTORY)

Young/Middle Bloods VI

Created by JWANT
    Admin: Joerock22

Map

Map Rules

• No capturing any settlements beyond the red line
    • There is no restriction on where you can move your armies/agents, however
    • Isengard is allowed to capture South Tharbad, but not North Tharbad

This hotseat is open to players with mid-level, limited, or zero TATW hotseat experience. Each player will control 1 faction.

Factions (subject to change based on player interest and hotseat type)

Good Team:
    Gondor: Narsils_Shards (took over turn 31)
    Rohan: xXAmonXx
    Silvan Elves: Kolu2210

Evil Team:
    Isengard: themzr (took over on turn 19)
    Mordor: VACANT
    Rhun: LordPureLegacy (took over turn 34)

Rules

This hotseat is Good factions vs Evil factions.

Subject to change before the hotseat begins.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Administrative:

• Long campaign
    • Manage all settlements
    • M/M Difficulty

General

• You may reload your turn as many times as you want
    • Turns must be taken within 24 hours or 48 hours with notification. If you cannot play your turn, please make arrangements for subbing (preferably with your teammate!)
    • Please PM or VM the next player in line

Gameplay

• No Invasions
    • You must autoresolve all battles
    • You may gift regions to another faction, but you must disband all but one unit immediately. This unit is considered a free "home guard" unit and cannot leave the settlement under any circumstances. The home guard unit must also be disbanded within 3 turns.
    • No gifting settlements at risk of capture
    • No heroic victories unless it is impossible to achieve a different result (at least 5 reloads)
    • Post screenshots of all battles against other players: deployment screen and results screen. I think this makes following a hotseat much more interesting. Note – you do not need to post screenshots for lopsided battles, i.e. 1,000 vs. 100, but please mention the battle in your post
    • No Assassins
    • No surrounding armies with smaller stacks to deny a retreat. You are allowed to block bridges or river crossings
    • No mercenary transport ships
    • All crossings points of the Anduin are in play
    • Units defeated by a player coming after you in the turn order may not move or attack on your subsequent turn
    • Bribing is allowed
    • Sallying from a settlement under siege is not allowed if it results in the settlement falling to the besieging force immediately thereafter (on your turn)
    • You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further to bring it in range of more of your forces. If all forces wishing to attack are within range of the ambushing army then it may be brought out of ambush and attacked with those forces.

Buildings

• No destroying any buildings if the settlement is at risk of capture
    • Exterminating settlements is not allowed. You may sack or occupy
    • On the turn you capture an enemy settlement, you are only allowed to destroy inns and cultural buildings. This rule stays in effect until you have held a captured settlement for 3 turns
    • After you hold a captured settlement for 3 turns, buildings can be destroyed without restriction (provided the settlement is not at risk of capture)

Spies

• Whether a spy may open the gates of a settlement depends on the size of the settlement’s garrison. If a settlement is defended by 720+ elves, 900+ men, or 1500+ orcs, then spies may NOT open the gates. If a settlement is defended by fewer than this number, then spies may open the gates without restriction
    • Note – Isengard must have 1500 soldiers in a settlement before it is safe from spies, even if some of those soldiers are dunlandings (men). This is because the standard unit size for Isengard is 250 across the board. Rhun, on the other hand, falls under the 900 man category because its standard unit size is 150
    • The purpose of this rule is to allow players to defend their settlement without fear of losing their garrison due to spies. Its justification is that a settlement with more defenders has better surveillance and it would be harder for spies to operate. I also want to keep the rule simple, which is the reason for the hard limit. So basically if you defend a settlement with 6 full units worth of troops, you are safe from spies
    • Spies may open the gates against the Rebels (AI) without restriction

Rules are open to change based on a vote by a majority of players
    Last edited by joerock22; September 16, 2017 at 02:48 PM. Reason: ended

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Youngbloods IV

Please post if you are interested in playing. Please include:

- If you would like to play Good factions versus Evil factions or if you would prefer to play every faction for itself (Free-for-all).
    - Which faction you would like to play.

Default Re: Youngbloods VI

I chose Rhun. Good verses Evil.

A Third Age hotseat opened up? Rohan. Good v Evil

Kilicarslan33's Avatar Senator

Mordor, Good vs Evil

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

Good vs evil and the elves

Hey can I be Gondor then?

And I second good first evil

Good vs Evil, will take any faction that is left.

Black-wolf's Avatar Semisalis

Is there any factions left in this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWANT's Avatar Senator

We've got 7-8 players for 6 spots so those players who are left out will be the first players asked to replace any players who can no longer play. If there is enough interest for a second hotseat then I'll make another.

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

If ye need another admin shoot me a PM

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Good luck everyone.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

I added a map and some map rules (both subject to JWANT's review and approval). Please review both before taking your turns. Good luck to everyone and thank you for participating. Thank you also to JWANT for starting this.

Is there a patch i need to download?
    I can open the save files for the other hotseat, but not for the file you sent me.
    :/
    Sorry guys

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SirCumfrance View Post
    Is there a patch i need to download?
    I can open the save files for the other hotseat, but not for the file you sent me.
    :/
    Sorry guys
    This hotseat uses regular 3.2 TATW. The patch hotseat you last played in used modified files which won't be compatible with this hotseat. That causes the game to crash when opening the save file.

If you delete your TATW folder and reinstall the game it will work. Alternatively, you can replace your current Descr_strat and Export_descr_unit files with their originals (if you made a backup before you installed the modified hotseat patch files. I can upload the original files for you shortly so you can try that before you reinstall the entire mod.

Here are the original files you can use to replace the modified files you have:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r5...nit%282%29.txt

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5o...escr_strat.txt

If you want to do a fresh install of TATW instead: Install instructions for the regular (vanilla) 3.2 TATW can be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?500418-Third-Age-Total-War-3-2-Released

Last edited by JWANT; July 20, 2016 at 10:02 PM.

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah, you can swap between the original and new version of TA with ease by replacing those two files. I do it all the time.

Kilicarslan33's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by JWANT View Post
    This hotseat uses regular 3.2 TATW. The patch hotseat you last played in used modified files which won't be compatible with this hotseat. That causes the game to crash when opening the save file.

If you delete your TATW folder and reinstall the game it will work. Alternatively, you can replace your current Descr_strat and Export_descr_unit files with their originals (if you made a backup before you installed the modified hotseat patch files. I can upload the original files for you shortly so you can try that before you reinstall the entire mod.

Here are the original files you can use to replace the modified files you have:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r5...nit%282%29.txt

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5o...escr_strat.txt

If you want to do a fresh install of TATW instead: Install instructions for the regular (vanilla) 3.2 TATW can be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?500418-Third-Age-Total-War-3-2-Released

Is it your balance patch 0.21 ? or new one ?

The older one. I am re-downloading it all right now, maybe an ally could do my first turn and ill be up and running for the second one.
    So i do not cause further delay.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kilicarslan33 View Post
    Is it your balance patch 0.21 ? or new one ?
    This hotseat is just vanilla 3.2 TATW which is what you get when you install the mod. No balance patch for this hotseat so no additional files are needed but if you have the balance patch files installed you'll need to switch back to the original mod files.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast