Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] Newbloods VI (Finished)

Default Re: [HS] Newbloods VI

"I am the storm, brother. The first storm, and the last." Upon his return to the Iron Islands Euron Greyjoy has declared himself King with the absence and presumed death of his nephew and the recent mysterious death of his late brother Balon Greyjoy. He swears by the drowned god to bring glory back to the Isles where his brother brought only shame and defeat. "I say we take it all!" A grin upon his pale blue lips. "I say, we take Westeros!"

Euron returns with the crew of his ship, The Silence, bringing with him great riches from afar. Those not defeated in the West have begun sailing home to heed the new King.

Greyjoy is Up! - http://www.filedropper.com/nbvigreyjoy3edit

A Man's Avatar Senator

So not only was Greyjoy defeated in the West but now he loses a 5+ star general faction leader.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

He also gains a 5 star general faction leader.

Quote Originally Posted by A Man View Post
    So not only was Greyjoy defeated in the West but now he loses a 5+ star general faction leader.
    As if I don't know what I'm doing in my own events and haven't boosted Euron to compensate for Balon. All events are as balanced and fair as I can make them, while still being effective.

A Man's Avatar Senator

I was hoping a smiley would indicate I was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by A Man View Post
    I was hoping a smiley would indicate I was being sarcastic.
    I'm far too tired for such things A Man should be ashamed of himself...

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

I know i made a huge mistake and now im gonna pay the price. But the Kraken will rise harder and stronger

Lannisters up - http://www.mediafire.com/download/wv...annister_4.sav
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2016-07-16 14-48-24-67.jpg   kingdoms 2016-07-16 14-49-52-86.jpg   kingdoms 2016-07-16 14-50-42-94.jpg   kingdoms 2016-07-16 14-52-05-64.jpg  

Renly is up! I also see your armies building up on my border, Renly. Don't make the same mistake the Greyjoys and your brother have made. http://www.filedropper.com/nbvirenly4

My men are enjoying another slew of victories across Westeros. Driftmark has been taken by Lord Allard Massey only for him to sail to Rook's Rest and defeat Lord Mooten and break the seige, Lord Harlaw Fell in battle with his men near the Banefort, and Lord Banefort himself led a smashing victory against Dagmer Cleftjaw in the field outside Pyke. The Greyjoys are utterly broken at this point. http://postimg.org/gallery/fc0e3rz6

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelthryth View Post
    The Greyjoys are utterly broken at this point.
    For the love of the gods, give a man fishing rod and he beats himself to death with it.

Its not my fault. Couldnt move my fleet that you gave to me and he landed with his armies.If i could've destroy his fleet in the first turn it would've gone diffrent

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    Its not my fault. Couldnt move my fleet that you gave to me and he landed with his armies.
    The reason the fleet at Pyke had no MP was it would've been very unfair on Lannister. It's your fault that you thought landing your troops on Pyke and leaving them in the open was a good idea, it was not, and now you can only learn from your mistakes and do better. You could have laid back out of his fleets range and repelled any siege on Pyke. You could have garrisoned your forces, using your fleet next turn. You could have done any number of things.

Now that you have failed in the hand I dealt (my attempt to balance the game failing with it) the remaining players need to step up their game or Lannister will have won this, far too easily for my liking. No pressure lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    The reason the fleet at Pyke had no MP was it would've been very unfair on Lannister. It's your fault that you thought landing your troops on Pyke and leaving them in the open was a good idea, it was not, and now you can only learn from your mistakes and do better. You could have laid back out of his fleets range and repelled any siege on Pyke. You could have garrisoned your forces, using your fleet next turn. You could have done any number of things.

Now that you have failed in the hand I dealt (my attempt to balance the game failing with it) the remaining players need to step up their game or Lannister will have won this, far too easily for my liking. No pressure lol.
    I will try, however, forgive me but I have a newb question. When you said in the rules...

3 forts per region/player and forts need to have a garrison of at least 4 units, to limit fort spamming a bit.
    Did you mean that each player has a maximum of three forts in total? Say for example, if I had two forts in the seaguard region and than two forts in the riverrun region that would be breaking the rules. Or did you mean that I can have more than three forts as long as they were in different regions? For example placing three forts in riverrun region and than three forts in the seaguard region is allowed. Just asking because I would most likely end up breaking this rule, as I initially believed that I couldn't have more than three at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreklayers View Post
    Did you mean that each player has a maximum of three forts in total?
    No, it's a max of 3 per region. 3 in Riverrun, 3 in Seagard and so on. The /player is to state that each player gets 3 in a single region rather than it being HS wide. It would be illegal for you to have 4 in Riverrun's region etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    No, it's a max of 3 per region. 3 in Riverrun, 3 in Seagard and so on. The /player is to state that each player gets 3 in a single region rather than it being HS wide. It would be illegal for you to have 4 in Riverrun's region etc.
    Okay, cheers. Now I know I could have perhaps better defended my siege of Rook's Rest. I will keep this in mind for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreklayers View Post
    I could have perhaps better defended my siege of Rook's Rest. I will keep this in mind for the future.
    Think counter-forting. There are a lot of things one could do if he put his mind to it, just saying.

To be fair, it was super hard to figure out how to beat Dagmer's army. I spent about an hour just trying to figure out the right way to do it. Almost every time I attacked I would lose over 1000 men and kill like 50. There were just enough move points left for Lord Banefort's force to get to Pyke. If Harlaw's fort were one inch lower I wouldn't have been able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelthryth View Post
    To be fair, it was super hard to figure out how to beat Dagmer's army.
    It's all a learning experience, is the point of Newbloods. The events are here to 1: Add that little extra and 2: Help to balance out when, like now, one faction gets potential for GG on Turn4 usually due to other players mistakes handing early victories. I gave Greyjoy a chance to come back from his original mistake, but ultimately players fates are his their own hands. Greyjoy I hope will learn form his mistakes here while You are... well.. learning to make sushi.

He's not the only Newblood to make mistakes and lose early game, nor will he be the last. An easy victory for any player is not what I like to see... you learn far more from defeat than victory.

MystikMocha's Avatar Libertus

The Young Wolf: http://www.mediafire.com/download/29...VI_North_4.sav

The Lion Lords are bothered by my troops on their border? They should be.

The stag does not bow before the lion.

Here's a little song composed by one of my fellow soldiers on the camps, Ser Mocha the Lionslayer:

"When the time has come,
    The Lion's reign shall be undone.
    For when the stags run with the boars
    You shall no longer hear the Lion's roars.
    When the storms clash and the waves shift,
    There shall be no gold left for the Lion to lift.
    Their mines shall empty, much like their homes,
    As the Westerlands fester with the Lion's bones.
    The Crows shall fly and the Ravens dance,
    As the Lions lose their mighty stance.
    When claws meet horns in a wavering length
    The poison of the rose shall put an end to the lion's strength.
    When the time comes and the truth is known,
    Then I shall sit on the Iron Throne."