Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] Newbloods VI (Finished)

Default Re: [HS] Newbloods VI

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelthryth View Post
    Alas, the remains of that force are hiding on what is left of their smoldering navy, for we put that too to the torch.
    Ah, why do I bother drilling 'you need to scout' into Newbloods heads. On a more important note if these are battles you need to post pictures of the deployment and results showing the banners of involved armies.

TheTextuary's Avatar Libertus

Hey guys, can I please know when Newbloods VII will come out, or another hotseat for NewBloods like me? Just downloaded the game, and I really want to test my strategies with other NewBloods like me!

TheTextuary

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Ah, why do I bother drilling 'you need to scout' into Newbloods heads. On a more important note if these are battles you need to post pictures of the deployment and results showing the banners of involved armies.
    I'm not sure that the Greyjoys could see as far as Faircastle with their navy. That being said, I'll make sure to take better pictures than the ones in the rar file next time.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

As common as it is with others, i recommend posting the pictures on the thread, not just uploading through rar. Simplest way is to use the TWC attachments on "go advanced" reply.
    Also, you should edit your pictures to hide your money and your mini-map so others cannot use it against you.
    Last edited by Parafix; July 15, 2016 at 08:18 AM.

These are all the pictures I shared in the Renly.rar file I shared with filedropper http://postimg.org/gallery/2nlc1qraa/

These are all the pictures I shared in the Renly.rar file I shared with filedropper http://postimg.org/gallery/2nlc1qraa/
    It appears you are making short work of my banner men without even having to fight them. Such a shame they have for honour .

I did find it a bit strange that a man such as Lord Glover would fall for a bastard born girl of a third son a third of his age, but the heart does as it pleases I guess

I did find it a bit strange that a man such as Lord Glover would fall for a bastard born girl of a third son a third of his age, but the heart does as it pleases I guess
    Yep, he betrayed me for firm tits and a tight fit I guess heh. Regarding Karyl Vance, let me think about it for a bit, mayhaps I'll get back to you on that.

I'm not sure that the Greyjoys could see as far as Faircastle with their navy.
    On his first turn Greyjoy could have/should have defeated your fleet outside Banefort, but did not scout and missed the opportunity. As for pictures, uploading them in a download is fine, but you need to state that clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreklayers View Post
    Regarding Karyl Vance, let me think about it for a bit
    Unless Para has done it already I'll take Vance captive on your next turn Shrek. He'll remain out-of-bounds until ransomed, freed or executed.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Yeah i did the turn in a hurry had to get somewhere so couldnt really focuss. Mistake was mine

On my first turn the fleet was just south of Faircastle, just out of reach of Greyjoy's southernmost navy. He couldn't have gotten there to attack it, but he could have seen it was there with Red Walder's full stack and decided not to attack the Banefort though.

On his first turn Greyjoy could have/should have defeated your fleet outside Banefort, but did not scout and missed the opportunity. As for pictures, uploading them in a download is fine, but you need to state that clearly.

Unless Para has done it already I'll take Vance captive on your next turn Shrek. He'll remain out-of-bounds until ransomed, freed or executed.
    Hey Soul, does that mean when it's my turn and my save is up, you will download the save, edit it, and then reupload it?

On my first turn the fleet was just south of Faircastle, just out of reach of Greyjoy's southernmost navy.
    Aye, seems I was thinking of another HS lol. Regardless he should have scouted, seen your army, and used his superior fleet. I cannot put enough emphasis on the importance of scouting.
    Hey Soul, does that mean when it's my turn and my save is up, you will download the save, edit it, and then reupload it?
    Assuming that Vance has actually been capture and it wasn't just for RP sake... as I got no PM telling me to take him captive. I'll load your turn, move him, then reupload a new save for you.

MystikMocha's Avatar Libertus

Kingdom of the North: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sn...VI_North_3.sav

Just a little request for whoever is the player before me, please put the name RENLY on my turn instead of KoTS or whatever. Thanks.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Siege of Storm's End
    Things were going exceptionally well for Stannis. He had the right cause, the right army, and the right witch, whom he had left at the ships, secured by his own guard. The siege equipments were being built, and Stannis' scouts cleared the perimeter. It was going to be a clear and swift victory, and Storm's End would be his. He had disgust of the place, for his memories never left the horrible period in which he had spent inside the fortress, holding Storm's End for Robert in his rebellion, as the flowery men of the south blockaded his port and starved them out. Now the King of the Narrow Sea was the one carrying the siege, and he felt bad for Cortnay Penrose, a supporter of his brother, who now had the responsibility of holding the castle.
    After the horns sounded, the ladders were raised and the rams got in position, Stannis heard a horn. The sound chiseled through the stormy seas and the clouds turned dark, as the thunder unleashed its might. Stannis knew something was off. Some of his bannermen advised him to flee back to his ships, but fool and stubborn Stannis refused, admitting he would rather die than flee before his younger brother's forces. Riding like crazy with a face, one of his scouts came crashing through his tent, having a hard time breathing. The fury of the storm had struck him. "My...my king! My king, my king, your grace!!" Stannis looked at him, scared to hear the apparently bad news. "The...Renly...his forces, his army! They're comi-" The poor man's face bloodied up as an arrow struck him through the back of his head. Stannis' eyes focused on the shadow up on the hill. A might thunder fell hard on the sea as the lightning revealed the face of Robert's bastards, as behind him, the Stag banners quickly appeared from the foggy rain. Up front, the forces of Storm's End opened their gates and sallied out with the garrison, now with the aid of reinforcements. Stannis knew chaos was about to come. As he looked behind him, many of his bannermen started fleeing with their own men, but the main bulk of his army stayed, forever loyal to their king. With a grand army riding down the hills of Storm's End, the battle was nigh, as the flaming heart banners quickly disappeared in the rain, washed away by the rains and crushed by the thunders.

A FEW DAYS BEFORE
    "Your grace," Said Ser Donnel Swann, the Lord of Stonehelm. "Yes, my noble lord. What is it you have to tell me?" King Renly asked. "I have received a raven from one of our encampments near the capital. One of my loyal soldiers informs us that Stannis' army has anchored off Shipbreaker Bay. They haven't started marching yet, but it is clear where he means to go." The halls of Fellwood were dark, with the never ending rain, that had failed to cease the entire week. The lords of the Stormlands had gathered, and now awaited for their time to share their advices. "Storm's End." Said the tough Lord Harwood Fell, thirsty for blood. Lord Gladden Wylde and Ronnet Connington were also there, drinking their wines and listening carefully. On the other side of the room, painted with the green flower of House Tyrell. As Margaery had advised, they should no longer sit together, in order to kill suspicions. King Renly glanced at his lover, laughing with some other thing. Times were tough, and the storms gathered. Usurper kings were everywhere, including right outside his own capital. "How big is Lord Stannis' army?" Renly wanted to know. "Well, quite big." Said Garlan Tyrell, whom had special orders from the king, but was now attending his summoning. "I would say about 5,000 strong. "!" Renly let slip. "Can we match that?" Now it was Lord Wylde who spoke up. "Our armies here can reinforce and ride them down, considering Lord Stannis' lack of cavalry, but we would need an infantry based vanguard, which we don't have much of." Loras looked with a disappointed face to his cup of wine, and Renly took note. "Aye, we don't have much here, but we have elsewhere. Your grace, the forces of Griffin's Roost are ready to fight at any moment, under your disposal." Said Connington, the Lord of Griffin's Roost. Renly considered it, thinking carefully about the consequences. "A leaderless army is as good as bulk of peasants. The Second Battle of Tumbleton during the Dance of the Dragons proved this." The lords spoke out quietly, each own in their own voices. "What do you mean, my king?" Loras finally spoke. "Robert's bastard, Edric Storm sits at Griffin's Roost. He is your heir, isn't he? He may not have to march at the front, but just having a man with king's blood should inspire the troops. And experiencing a battle would also harden our future king." Renly put a smile on his face. "It is decided. Send a raven to Edric Storm, and warn him he is to march with the full army at the fields of Storm's End. He is to wait before our cavalry arrives. Tell him the storms are calling, shields shall be splintered, spear shall be shaken. Tell him our words, maester, tell him Ours is the Fury.

Battle:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

One day, in one NB HS, Stannis won't go for Storms End without scouting / forting

Nicely done Renly. Karyl Vance was captured by the lannisters so he needs to be moved in my save, I guess i'll wait until that is complete.

Karyl Vance is taken captive by House Lannister. Stark is Up! - http://www.filedropper.com/nbvinorth3edited
    + Stark, the fort limit is 4 units, you'll not get away without a fine if I see this happen again. Kindly be more careful and re-read the rules.

Karyl Vance is taken captive by House Lannister. Stark is Up! - http://www.filedropper.com/nbvinorth3edited
    + Stark, the fort limit is 4 units, you'll not get away without a fine if I see this happen again. Kindly be more careful and re-read the rules.
    Apologies about that, I was aware but made a mistake. One of them was because Glover is a turncloak and ran off with Joy Hill and the other is just because I was being stupid I guess.

Apologies about that, I was aware but made a mistake. One of them was because Glover is a turncloak and ran off with Joy Hil
    Aye, the Glover fort is not your fault. The other fort is the one I was referring to, but Newblood mistakes are bound to happen and wont be fined for first offences. PM me Greyjoy's turn when it's up, there is a small event to trigger...

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Woah what small event will happen to me? Should I worry?