Thread: Tips for success?

Icon5 Tips for success?

I usually play TW:W on Hard, but with your amazing mod I am really struggling. The only race I've managed to get to turn 60 is the Vampires--and only because they aren't really bothered in the early game. With other races, the AI is constantly sacking vulnerable fringe towns and declaring war on me en masse at the slightest hint of weakness.

I'm not complaining, but I am curious how others approach this problem. Do you focus on defensive buildings? Raise multiple armies of cheap troops to protect borders and appear stronger? Keep few regions and buy time, hoping you will be missed and can rush in to fill a vacuum when others fight? Do you forge alliances or avoid them?

Share your secrets!

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Tips for success?

Best way to go about it is to build the garrison building on all your provinces, especially small towns. Yes it takes a while and takes a building slot, but it means the AI will not be instantly sacking it, they'll have to siege it and that is enough time for you to get there and drive them off.

Try to use dedicated generals and if you can afford it, also keep a general (doesn't have to have an army) in a province as a governer of sorts. They have some good buffs to the region that they are in when they start getting levels, and since sitting in a town is a constant exp gain for them, it helps. There is also the fact that if you are attacked you'll have a hero unit at your disposal. It is difficult to counter them when you don't have one of your own, especially in garrison defense situations.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW