Thread: Changing the Generals unit

Primicerius

Default Changing the Generals unit

I accidentally posted this in the eras section and asked it to be moved, after ten hours nothing has happened yet, so I'm starting a new topic here.

My question is, if there's a way to mod so that the Catholic factions would use the generals model from the tutorial, instead of the 15th century armour that they use in the Grand Campaign. I realize this could probably only be done for the kingdom of England, since the model probably only has English skin. But I'd still like to do it.

Any help in this matter is much appreciated.

Default Re: Changing the Generals unit

i did this last night, set all the kings to be recruitable for their factions(saxons=hre)
    its good, + some generals are on foot, its extra for the scots, so my general is on foot, and his men are brave noble highlanders !!
    i am looking for a way to use the best general skin, no other than the norman duc guillaume with the crown, anyone knows ????

Do you mean the model for Rufus and William?

If yes, they appear to just use the Mailed Knights model.

Code:
    type             Duke William
    dictionary       Duke_William      ; Duke William
    category         cavalry
    class            heavy
    voice_type       General
    banner faction   main_cavalry
    banner holy      crusade_cavalry
    soldier          Mailed_Knights, 16, 0, 1
    mount            heavy horse
    mount_effect     elephant -4, camel -4
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, can_withdraw, general_unit, general_unit, no_custom
    formation        2, 4.4, 3, 6, 2, square
    stat_health      2, 0
    stat_pri         13, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 25, 1
    ;stat_pri_ex      0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         14, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex      0, 0, 0
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  5, 6, 4, metal
    ;stat_armour_ex   5, 0, 0, 0, 6, 4, 4, metal
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat        4
    stat_ground      0, -2, -4, 0
    stat_mental      11, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 45
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 770, 250, 120, 95, 770, 4, 190
    armour_ug_levels 2
    armour_ug_models Mailed_Knights
    ownership        normans
    ;unit_info        13, 0, 30
    That's Duke William's unit. As far as the graphical settings for him go, he's a straight copy of Mailed Knights, with the one exception that he doesn't have a model to reflect armor upgrades, nor the ability to be upgraded (for obvious reasons).

Anyway, the bolded lines are the ones you need to edit on your NE Bodyguard unit to make them look like Duke William. The armour_ug_models Mailed_Knights will need to be armour_ug_models Mailed_Knights, Mailed_Knights_ug1, though, to specify the model used by the armor-upgraded general.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Primicerius

Thanks alot.

EDIT: That changed the generals bodyguard to mailed knights, but I'd like to change the general himself.
    Last edited by Armfelt; December 15, 2006 at 11:46 AM.

yes, how do i get the man with the crown as a general ? i want this skin

Yeah, been waiting this for awhile. If someone could mod it and maybe we could see it included in Lusted's or Candelarius' mods, that would be great.
    "The way to a man's heart is through his ribs."

We just need the name of the general-model of the tutorial. After that, we can simply change the generals-model in the descr_character file! Do someone know the exact name of the duke-william/king harold model??

Edit: The model used by the saxon king is just called Saxon_king, but it seems not being enough just to copy this name into the hre-entry. If you do so, you'll get an invisible general, so the model only works for the "saxons". Since med2 doesn't use a descr_model_battle file, I don't know how to go on....
    Last edited by Godfrey von Bereau; December 17, 2006 at 08:47 AM.
    Currently playing: Lands to Conquer 2.1 with burreks & whitewolfes reskins on VH/VH

Primicerius

I tried changing the English Generals battle model from Northern_General to Norman_King, then I had an invisible general.
    Last edited by Armfelt; December 17, 2006 at 09:01 AM.

there must be a way, it should work at least with england using the norman general, and for hre using the saxon one

there is actually a mod by plastic figurine that does this for generals and captains.
    here is a link to the download
    http://twcenter.net/forums/downloads...o=file&id=1074
    i have used this mod and it works but i experienced that it changed it permanantly ie even for late body guard and early general was presant.

hope it helps

what about changing the general unit from the early knights to the late general knights ??