Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you bribe rebel generals?

Default Re: How do you bribe rebel generals?

Maybe its hard to bribe so the AI doesnt bribes your stuff? A change to these settings may make it too often the ai bribes.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Maybe its hard to bribe so the AI doesnt bribes your stuff? A change to these settings may make it too often the ai bribes.
    I was thinking that at first Wulfburk, but the numbers are too high. I mean, I really did try a bribe while sitting on over 2 million gold, and it still wasn't taken. No faction will ever have that much money, so the bibe is essentially a dead diplomatic feature then, which isn't as things should be. The numbers need to be redone to make bribing costly and not always efficient, but still possible.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

I've seen the AI bribe the player and be successful, when doing it on your diplomats. This is because diplomats are "cheap" to bribe compared to other units.

M2TW increased exponentially the cost of bribing from RTW, so for starters, you should check vanilla and get a grasp on how it works there
    In general, bribing a single unit costs like x10 their recruitment price, and bribing a settlement can cost hundred of thousands, while buying it directly from the faction would cost under 10k florins. Characters are also extremely difficult to bribe, unless at very low loyalty and using maxed diplomats.

My suggestion is to put those values you referenced back to vanilla values (if there is any change) and then test it yourself, EB2 is a total conversion and tinkers with a lot of things, so it is very likely that something is causing the AI to refuse even generous bribes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    M2TW increased exponentially the cost of bribing from RTW, so for starters, you should check vanilla and get a grasp on how it works there.

My suggestion is to put those values you referenced back to vanilla values (if there is any change) and then test it yourself, EB2 is a total conversion and tinkers with a lot of things, so it is very likely that something is causing the AI to refuse even generous bribes.
    Hey Hellenikon, thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any idea where the file is in the RTW folders, and what it's called? I wanted to quickly have a look at the values there and compare them before I go to bed, but in my RTW folder there is no file titled "descr_campaign_db.xml" like in M2TW, and I can't find anything that looks like a likely location anywhere sensible. I feel like it might be buried amongst some other aspects of the game coding that I ususally don't explore, but I don't know where to look.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

How do you force diplomacy? I thought it was only possible in RTW

Quote Originally Posted by gangster19 View Post
    How do you force diplomacy? I thought it was only possible in RTW
    Integrated into the diplomacy UI. Put your proposal on screen, click on "?", then offer.

oops, replied to old post. please delete

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Integrated into the diplomacy UI. Put your proposal on screen, click on "?", then offer.
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12