Page 6 of 116 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Local Tavern OOC Chat Thread

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Crossroads Saloon OOC Chat Thread

Awfully confident there Ponti. I wish you luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    Frey seems to be making himself into their Overlord. Besides, revenge is a pretty damn good ​CB, and he can have revenge even if the King settled it.
    Basically the way Walder sees it, the Tullys tried to make them answer for their negligence but failed. So now it falls to Frey to hold them answerable. Which he will. But he will also attempt to increase his own power as well in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    Awfully confident there Ponti. I wish you luck.
    It would take a pan-Riveralands, anti-Frey coalition to even even the playing field with my faction's manpower. I am pretty confident to be honest, but the dice gods can screw me over of course. Nothing is ever certain

As a mere witness to this: Ponti kicks Trot's ass every...single... game. Check it, if you don't believe me, just check it. It's true.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    As a mere witness to this: Ponti kicks Trot's ass every...single... game. Check it, if you don't believe me, just check it. It's true.
    Except for the time I beat him as Royce, or the time I won him half the Riverlands as Blackwood. There are a lot of pieces on the board at the moment, and we will let the chips fall where they may.

What happened in past games doesn't matter.

edit: though I'll be the first to say that nobody here has really accurately described what it is, in fact, Walder has planned for the Riverlands. I will say that everyone seems to be predicting things much farther beyond the scope of what's planned. it is possible no military actions will be necessary
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; July 10, 2016 at 03:45 PM.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

There are many levels to this, both inside and outside the Riverlands. We'll see what comes of this.

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

Any knightly character wanna join the Piper party? Looking for some men to join the Pinkmaiden cause

ficenzi's Avatar Senator

Uhm, so, Conquest CB?
    Make the Reach great again.

Just pointing it out as per the rules everyone in the Riverlands knows Frey and Piper have mobilized their forces even if they don't know why.

I will also add the only Bracken currently in Stonehedge is Lord Boremund the rest are in Kings Landing. Well Boremund is in Stonehedge after the tourney depending on how timing on this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    Just pointing it out as per the rules everyone in the Riverlands knows Frey and Piper have mobilized their forces even if they don't know why.
    Which effectively means that nobody has any reason to suspect Frey of anything shady.

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

Piper has had his men raised for over a year. Because he heard that Whent, Blackwood and Bracken had raised theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Which effectively means that nobody has any reason to suspect Frey of anything shady.
    Oh yes all thoose peacful non shady reasons to raise your armies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkerton View Post
    Piper has had his men raised for over a year. Because he heard that Whent, Blackwood and Bracken had raised theirs
    I totally forgot mine were raised.

Of all the reasons Frey would raise militia, where would the purpose I've overtly stated OOC factor in? Using Frey's IC history, where would it possibly factor in? The Westerlands might be suspicious, to a lesser extent the Vale, maybe even to a lesser extent Blackfyre. But what IC reasons would any Riverlands house have of suspecting the Freys are up to no good by raising militia?

The metagame is strong with this series of plotting. Bracken so insultingly refusing an invitation to parlay is perfect evidence of that. Which is fine, I'll just not be as public at all with what I plan. I had hoped that speaking OOC wouldn't have affected behavior this much but I was wrong.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; July 10, 2016 at 04:14 PM.

Well Blackwood had someone disappear after visiting your home, and then you mobilize your army... That looks more than a little suspicious.

Bracken knows Ralf went missing how? Provided he did somehow know, why would he be at all unhappy about that? It doesn't add up at all. It just doesn't make sense. I said too much ooc and now everyone is metagaming really.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; July 10, 2016 at 04:17 PM.

He was told by a Blackwood character

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    He was told by a Blackwood character
    Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Where?
    LC of the Goldcloaks thread last night. Note Bracken didn't refuse to come to the Twins because of that. He refused because he dislikes Frey.

Dislikes Frey why? Our characters have had zero interaction. Any IC reasons besides some pre-existing disdain for an "upstart" (which is an incredibly weak justification)? On balance what is happening IC weighs not in favor of the actions of Bracken in my opinion. I don't buy it, I can't see it as anything but metagaming really.

Honestly I was going to extend Bracken the guest right immediately (as a nod to not metagaming) and offer him the same thing I offered Blackwood with Blackwood in my dungeon. But that has sort of expired now and I know not to reveal any details of my plan at all publicly.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; July 10, 2016 at 04:28 PM.

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

You had interaction in that he didn't like how you fell behind Tully after disliking his plan because you were offered land. Not what I would describe a legitimate reason to refuse to go to the Twins.