Page 10 of 116 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Local Tavern OOC Chat Thread

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: Crossroads Saloon OOC Chat Thread

Due to the inability to choose particular traits, can I have the trait cap lifted to a higher number for my High Septon?

Uh, no?

Hey, it's a fair question. It's against the rule to have him with military traits, if I remember HB's old rules.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    Hey, it's a fair question. It's against the rule to have him with military traits, if I remember HB's old rules.

He can have military traits they would just be rather useless on him since he isn't leading armies. And not all characters need military traits.

I didn't say they did. I just have nothing to invest in. Charisma, Survival. Wealth is useless without income. Apparently military traits are useless on him. Assassination I suppose could be useful, does it cover poisoning? Duel and joust are pointless. I don't see much use for capture, but I suppose it could be usedul.

ficenzi's Avatar Senator

So if you have so many useless traits, why do you need extra points?

Edit: nvm, I just understood what you meant to say
    Make the Reach great again.

I'm not??

I'm asking for cap on the amount of points you can have in a trait to be raised to +4 so I have somewhere to spend points without gaining a load of pointless traits.

I think you can spread them around just fine. There's plenty of useful non military traits

I'm not??

I'm asking for cap on the amount of points you can have in a trait to be raised to +4 so I have somewhere to spend points without gaining a load of pointless traits.
    I'd recommend spy and counter spy. I intend to finish that rule set up this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    I'd recommend spy and counter spy. I intend to finish that rule set up this weekend.
    Don't I need steady income for that?

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Be aware that you have lost pretty much all that remains of the Crownlanders that were a part of the holy league and significant support in the Reach too, Skylord. The Holy League is almost nonexistent at this point.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Don't I need steady income for that?
    Not counter spy spying does require income.

That isn't quite accurate, LM. They've agreed to reaffirm their fealty to the throne. They haven't said they'll abandon the League.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

That isn't quite accurate, LM. They've agreed to reaffirm their fealty to the throne. They haven't said they'll abandon the League.
    Wouldn't those two things kinda go hand in hand? By reaffirming fealty to the King they'd have to officially live within his law & obey his commands again, and I would imagine Daemon would have 'srsly guys, stop being the Holy League if you haven't already, kthx' pretty high up on the list of his commands.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I'm going to clarify what the Holy League is because there seems to be general confusion. They're not rebels, nor are they plotting rebellion: they accepted Steffon's death and are sworn to the Iron Throne like everyone else. The only thing they are is unusually strongly religious, and therefore take whatever the High Septon says as carrying more authority than the King.

If the King calls them up, they see what the High Septon thinks of the reason. Should he refuse to endorse it, they get a -15 to call up rolls.

If someone attacks a Holy Lord, the other Holy Lords will go to their fellow zealot's defence.

LM and Barry: You both seem to think they're in active rebellion against the Crown, but they're not. You seem to think they're anti-Blackfyre, but they're not. You seem to think they're plotting or would plot against Blackfyre, but they won't.

All they do is listen very reverently to the High Septon.

So LM I'll pre-emptively say: don't treat them like rebels. They're not rebels. They're sworn vassals, they're just bummed that Steffon died and are waiting to see what the High Septon does about that. Persecuting them for their religious reverence isn't likely to go down well with the rest of the Seven-worshipping realm.

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

They are like a "religious" faction in CK2, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkerton View Post
    They are like a "religious" faction in CK2, right?
    Pretty much.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I haven't played CK2 in a very long time so I can't comment on the similarity. I just want it clearly understood that they're not rebels, because Barry approached them like they were and I sense that LM is gearing up to do the exact same thing. As far as Blackfyre should be concerned they're sworn vassals and if he regards them as rebels because they're unhappy with how it all turned out, then I expect him to hold similar opinions about the Stormlands, North and Dorne, because they're also unhappy with how it turned out and Blackfyre knows that full well. Vale, Westerlands and Riverlands are suspect as well if we're going down this path. Reach isn't so much suspect but they totally coasted on their support for him, it was 95% rhetorical and 5% military assistance.

Poach, I just want you to smile lol

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    I haven't played CK2 in a very long time so I can't comment on the similarity. I just want it clearly understood that they're not rebels, because Barry approached them like they were and I sense that LM is gearing up to do the exact same thing. As far as Blackfyre should be concerned they're sworn vassals and if he regards them as rebels because they're unhappy with how it all turned out, then I expect him to hold similar opinions about the Stormlands, North and Dorne, because they're also unhappy with how it turned out and Blackfyre knows that full well. Vale, Westerlands and Riverlands are suspect as well if we're going down this path. Reach isn't so much suspect but they totally coasted on their support for him, it was 95% rhetorical and 5% military assistance.

I'm still waiting for him to give decent reward to the one damn house that gave him real assistance in claiming the throne.