Thread: General_Joe's historical battles for TATW

Default General_Joe's historical battles for TATW

Hey guys,
    I have created a custom Minas Tirith Historical battle that is pretty awesome (and unlike Metallistic's unplayable lagfest from a few years ago, it actually runs pretty well). I have tried to follow the movie's sequence of events as closely as possible, while managing lag. It's roughly 10,000 Mordor and Harad Forces (Mumakil) vs. 3000 Gondor and Rohan forces (Rohan is AI controlled).

You play as Gondor. First the seige towers move to the walls, and the battering ram moves to the gate. Rohan's AI cavalry charge happens just as Mordor breaks open the gate and starts flooding into the city. They do massive damage to Mordor's army. Then The Mumakil arrive and tear up Rohan's forces on the Pellenor fields. While this is all happening, Mordor's army is breaking into the city, and you're fighting a desperate battle to hold them back with Gondor's archers and infantry.

I have tried to time the sequence of events so that minimal lag is present.

Let me know what you think. Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Veteraan; July 08, 2016 at 05:20 PM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: Here is my awesome Minas Tirith Historical battle in all it's glory!

Welcome to the forum, General_Joe.

I moved your thread to this place as this technically could be considered to be a fan creation.

I never played historical battles myself so I don't know if it is important if this is created for standard TATW or a submod. If it is I suggest you provide some info about this.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Default Re: Here is my awesome Minas Tirith Historical battle in all it's glory!

Thanks Veteraan!
    This is for standard TATW.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Welcome to the forum, General_Joe.

I moved your thread to this place as this technically could be considered to be a fan creation.

I never played historical battles myself so I don't know if it is important if this is created for standard TATW or a submod. If it is I suggest you provide some info about this.
    I believe this goes in Maps, Guides, and Other Resources. This place is for stories, videos, screenshots, etc. Technically it is a submod though since you install and play it like any other, and it will get far more attention there than in a subsection that few probably even know of let alone look at .

Sounds good General_Joe, I for one would like to see lots more Historical Battles, and even add some to my mod .
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 08, 2016 at 03:19 PM.

I agree, I think my thread would be better served where people can find it. There must be lots of people who would like a great Minas Tirith Historical battle. I'm going to post my Helms Deep historical battle soon as well. Once again, I've tried to make it as movie accurate as possible.

Please try Minas Tirith first and let me know what you think. Enjoy!

Also, AlreadyDed,
    The community has my full blessing to use these historical battles in any of their mods. Just want as many people to enjoy it as possible.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    I believe this goes in Maps, Guides, and Other Resources. This place is for stories, videos, screenshots, etc. Technically it is a submod though since you install and play it like any other, and it will get far more attention there than in a subsection that few probably even know of let alone look at .
    {...}
    Well, I'm not one to ignore a good reason to reverse something I did earlier, so this thread is now back in the submod section.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Joe View Post
    I agree, I think my thread would be better served where people can find it. There must be lots of people who would like a great Minas Tirith Historical battle. I'm going to post my Helms Deep historical battle soon as well. Once again, I've tried to make it as movie accurate as possible.

Please try Minas Tirith first and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
    I suggest that you will post your future historical battles in this thread, as to avoid multiple threads with one battle in it. I will edit the thread title a bit, since you can't do that yet (you need 25 posts and being a member for a week to do that). If you would like to change the thread title yourself, just send me a PM with the text you would like to be the thread title.

Last edited by Veteraan; July 08, 2016 at 05:17 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze