Thread: Stack spam

Default Stack spam

Is there a way to lower the AI stack spam cause it is really annoying having to deal with countless stacks.

Default Re: Stack spam

Campaign difficulty affects the income the ai receives, if you lower the difficulty, they will financially be unable to support as many troops

If you want to do some small modifications you can do the following: Open the file ...\SS6.3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt then find and remove all statements that include "increment_kings_purse".
    This will remove AI bonus for base income.

After that find the section "Startup Reinforcements", here the AI gets character and armies depending on the difficulty level. You can remove all of them or just pick the factions you think are too powerfull.

Another thing would be reducing the "denari" and "denari_kings_purse" values for each faction in ...\SS6.3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt file.
    The first one is the startup money and the second one the "kings purse" you will receive every turn.

If you can, try taking out the settlements rather than engaging the armies. Sometimes this is hard to do, but if you eliminate recruiting bases, it should (in theory) reduce the numbers of troops the AI can recruit per turn.

Do not play with the Gracul AI if you do not like stack spam and play at an easier level if you still feel there are too many AI stacks around. The main difference between difficulty levels is the numbers of AI stacks hanging around and their aggressiveness also increases if the balance of power is against you.

Does Grym reality make the AI focus more on one unit?I don't mind AI bonuses, I just dislike the attrition battle that becomes when you must end stack after stack of 2 or 3 units.

Sometimes the attrition battles are fun... unless, it is turn after turn after turn after...

I've never played GRYM or whatever it is. Not sure my machine would handle it. Though I tend to try avoid pitched battles in favour of capturing settlements. Attack the head of the snake, so to speak.

Yeah this used to be the best mod for Med 2, hell it was the best total war mod period. Not sure what happened. I guess i missed the 2011 update but when i came back everything was different. The stack spam is out of control, dont know why they removed longbows, im in the 1400s for christ sake and still no longbows. England is kinda without them. I would switch to dues lo vult if it didnt take 30 minutes between turns (with an SSD nonetheless). I cant really blame Bgr because its been in the mod for awhile, but i wish i could play the 2008 version of stainless.