Thread: Import general model from mod to vanilla

howyouknow215's Avatar Libertus

Default Import general model from mod to vanilla

howdy

title pretty much says it all. i'm getting the itch to tinker i used to get while playing ME2. thing is this game's files are waaay different from what i barely understood to begin with. i want to import honda tadakatsu's model from a mod to vanilla and have it spawn in the tokugawa clan a couple years after ieyasu comes of age. i imagine this will require scripting, if it's even possible in the first place?

i know this sort of thing can get annoying but i wouldn't turn to the forum unless i did my own research and still felt clueless, which i so very, very do haha. i'll keep trying in the meantime.

thanks

UPDATE:
    i came across the script setup while poking around with PFM. i imagine this is where the spawning script should be implemented?

UPDATE 2:
    This seems like it'll be helpful, however, i'm not exactly sure how to phrase the prompt to spawn a general, instead of a unit. i also still need to figure out how to import all the files and assign them to that particular general. i've used PFM to import the two files under "units" but the mesh and texture files don't appear to be located where they're said to be.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...76#post9431276
    Last edited by howyouknow215; July 06, 2016 at 01:36 AM.

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Import general model from mod to vanilla

Ok, so you want to import a AGENT model I presume, likely a general? Changing the model of the agent is quite simple, as It uses the same uniform variant system as the battle models.
    To do this you have to extract two things. The .unit_variant file from the variantmodels folder, and the used models in the unitparts folder.

To make your general spawn at a certain time in a certain place though will require scripting. You will have to modify the scripting.lua in your desired campaign.

howyouknow215's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Import general model from mod to vanilla

hey, I really appreciate you getting back to me but i actually kind of found a work around for what i wanted to do with the save parser tool and the more characters mod. that said, i'm going to give your suggestion a whirl just for my own experience.