Thread: The Serpent of Milan:Part 2/The Serpent sheds it's skin

Default The Serpent of Milan:Part 2/The Serpent sheds it's skin

The Serpent of Milan: Part 2 The Serpent sheds it's skin
    part 1 is here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72768

The Duchy of Milan circa 1100 AD.

...the last 20 years have seen many changes to the lands of Milan.

...Our lands now include Ajaccio, Florence and recently Venice and Jerusuleam..the great Duke Girogio is gone, his son Bernardo is now Duke.

The Siege of Venice (or the Drowning of the canal rats!)

...after the Dukes victory at the battle of the river Po, the duke returned to Milan to refit and rest his army... it was decided that Venice will be captured, surely dealing a savage blow to the perfumed, bloated money lenders of Venice of which they would never recover the moxie to challenge the Serpent again.... trechbuchets are ordered to join the army from the Siege factory in Genoa..lets see how the walls of Venice embrace the velocity of stone against its walls..Surely the vermin of Venice will "piss" themselves when they see our army form battle lines outside their walls..

..the Duke heads east to lay siege to Venice..as he arrives the news comes to the fore that his eldest Son and Heir the Count Puccio has been detained by the most dreaded Inquisitor Miccele Boctarius, May God protect his soul....

Miccele the Popes Hammer

The Dukes son and heir

...the Duke gazes upon the stern walls of Venice, after marching through the marshes to find such a spine of stone must have taken the fight out of the enemies of Venice many times..however the Duke is not an enemy one can rely on to follow the folly and weakness of past foes....

the Venetians await their fate

...The Duke orders his Trebuchets to concentrate fire upon the gate..the weakest point of most walls..after sustained fire the gate is smashed...

...the Duke now orders his artillery to concentrate fire upon on the towers and then the walls to the left and right of the gate..this will assure limited fire upon our advancing troops and give them wide avenues of approach to the city..

...the Duke orders his Genoese x-bowmen up to find the range to the defenders now huddled near the city square. May our bolts strike the vile Venetians down in their own home.

...the defenders are waining under the murderous reign of fire form our bolts..the enemies return volley is nullified against the shields of our x-bowmen..surley the Lord favors our Superior manners of battle,,praise be to St. George and to the Monarch of Heaven.

...as the defenders wilt under fire. It is clear that the time to engage the enemy hand to hand is drawing ever near...

...our scouts have spotted the enemy general hiding on a side street...

...upon spotting the enemy general from a rooftop, an ambush is set.

...the Dukes loyal bodyguard engage the enemy commanders knights and cuts a gory swath through them until the Venetian bastard is groveling for his life

...the duke had the surviving defenders chained together and then forced them to swear fealty to him, as reward for their newly found loyalty he had them clear the city of the dead and see to the wounded, laborers were set to work repairing the battered walls.

...the treasurer was brought in front of the Duke, "where are the cities main vaults?" the Duke asked coldly, gazing at the face of a the balding, pot bellied bureaucrat. The portly treasurer refused to speak, he slumped down shaking covered in cold sweat. The Duke then turned to his
    bodyguard "perhaps our portly Friend here needs some coaxing to rile his memory, bring me the Lap of Truth!".

...the Duke's custom made rack.."The Lap of Truth"

..the cowardly turnkey had only to be strapped to the rack before he told the Duke the location of the main vault house. The vaults of Venice were filled with cups of gold and silver, rubies from India, diamonds from Africa, fine sable pelts from Russia, Blades from Damascus, tapestrys, all manner of finely carved furniture. This loot would fund the crusade and the Duchy's other interests for sometime.
    Last edited by IronMonkey; January 07, 2007 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Update
    " Sweet are the uses of adversity." - Willam Shakespeare

ignasigh's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: The Serpent of Milan:Part 2/The Serpent sheds it's skin

And and and !??!!?!? I cannot waittttttttttt

Pandora's Avatar Tiro

me neither good report looking forward to hearing more about the conquests of the serpent
    Vae victus- woe to the vanguished

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I've been waiting two weeks!!.

I have been busy and unable to finish this post. But I will continue to post until the I'm handed defeat or I conquer the world. To Arms!

Thanks for looking!
    " Sweet are the uses of adversity." - Willam Shakespeare

Magnus The Good's Avatar Foederatus

Nice AAR, I like your style of writing and will be following your quest to expand Milan`s borders

Selahedīn's Avatar Biarchus

Very nice AAR IronMonkey, I will be following this one closely, that's for sure!