Thread: Dilemmas/events modding - problem

Default Dilemmas/events modding - problem

I managed to make dilemmas/events be more frequent in the game than in vanilla but I have one big problem.
    When I changed tables which are responsible for this (cdir_configs_tables; cdir_desire_priorities_tables; cdir_events dilemma_option_junctions_tables; dilemmas_tables; incidents_tables) there's no effect of any my decision in game in the next turn after dillemma appears, literally nothing and I have no idea how to fix it.
    Please help me because I dont want to give up after hours which I sacrificed to figure it out:
    - the most important are values in cdir_desire_priorities_tables and box priorities in dilemmas_tables.

Default Re: Dilemmas/events modding - problem

Finally I figured it out!
    CDIR_CVN_EVENT_GENERATOR_BASE_CHANCE - is chance for any event
    CDIR_CVN_EVENT_GENERATOR_INCIDENT_BASE_CHANCE - is chance only for inicident
    CDIR_CVN_EVENT_GENERATOR_MISSION_BASE_CHANCE - is chance only for missions - all in cdir_configs_tables
    According to this - chance for dilemma = base chance - (incident chance+mission chance)
    So, to have various events - dilemmas/incidents/missions you have to keep some proportions beetwen these values - for example: base chance = 0.9; incident chance = 0.3; mission chance= 0.2 (then chance for dilemma is 0.4).

I hope that it would be useful for other people who want to have more events during the game

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Dilemmas/events modding - problem

ran across this thread, and was very helpful. Thank you.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing