Thread: Is this going anywhere?

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Default Is this going anywhere?

I was just wondering how the beta is going. Is there light at the end of the tunnel?
    Last edited by Flinn; July 12, 2016 at 05:45 AM. Reason: removed an unnecessary disruptive comment
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Default Re: Is this going anywhere?

there are no news for now but I really liked arena when it was up its a nice game I cant wait for them to add new units and stuff

The_Federation's Avatar Foederatus

They have been updating it frequently lately, including a "release_candidate" file which, for a long time, sat untouched.

https://steamdb.info/app/227520/history/

I don't think a game can physically go anywhere, it lacks a physical form (unless you count a hard drive). No means of propulsion either. But if you're talking about it as in progress in development, then sure it has potential to go far.

I too came here to see when this will come back.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

They're taking forever to even mention it. My guess is this fall or winter. I hope we don't have to wait till the beginning of next year.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Well, the game is not dead, I found an advertisment of the CA, that they are searching for a designer for Total War Arena. Date: 19.08.2016
    http://www.develop-online.net/jobs/d...r-arena/018402

That's good at least.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

hmm... that's good, hope they find good designer and launch soon.

Well i heard that they are implementing siege and navy battles. Made a lot of friends whilkst playing and apparently one had good relationships with a CA-dev. Some months after i read from CA that they were indeed working on siege battles-

The game itself is amazing. I miss my days trampling players with my praetorian cavalry xD. Made a lot of friends because i was always targeting them and others because they started to mimic my management of horses. The community is good, not like other games, i barely saw anyone that was toxic, just once this happened. I was invited to a clan due to my high scores, being my highest 12001, have a guy in my clan that did 21 k xD, he basically dominated the match.

I've talking along with the ppl i ve met in the game and they won't release Arena before they finish milking Warhammer. Also they will introduce micro transactions, which has been a hot topic since day one Arena. I remember buy the red dye and then they removed that xD. I had so much gold from the 100 gold per daily victory, was able to buy 2 months of subscription just with the gold and unlocked a lot of equipment using the...forgot the name of the second kind of experience we used to win. The game is evolving realy nice. Next roman generals will be Sulla, since it was talked. Romans do need some new generals, the greeks and barbarians recieved some love, i was saving myself to buy the roman warhounds to use along with my tier 9 cavalry (for some reason the tier X, legatus is a piece of crap...)

Rest assure, the game is not dead and i do hope they release the naval battles would be nice to have some variety. If they invest in that game with micro transactions it will be a gold mine. I offered some suggestions such as improving the menu, instead of having your general and your units in the background you should have something that you could build from scratch. For example for the romans you could start building your own Castra, from a temporary encampment to a solid stone castra. Lets hope they take some of my ideas and place them.