Thread: Beta5 is alive!

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Beta5 is alive!

Hi, everyone! Sorry I disappeared for a month there, but I was hard at work on a new beta as well as actual work. I just posted it in the downloads thread.

I need to go to bed now, but I'll post an explanation of the changes soon. The short version:
    • Tons of polishing work by Sere.
    • Tons of general work by Sere. Seriously, long list.
    • New herds building so nomads can build population without agriculture
    • Fixed a major recurring CTD...probably the last one except for a few weird edge cases I haven't found yet. Also fixed a unit drag freeze CTD by changing all units with size 42 to size 40. That's been bugging me for years.
    • Added new regional lordships. It was Sere's idea, and I used Aradan's generator to make it happen.
    • Bunch of script fixes.
    • Much more aggressive money script to help the AI stay out of too much trouble. For the record, it doesn't get them too far in the black, not enough to buy >1 weak unit per turn, but it'll keep them from ending up in a hole they'll never be able to get out of. The superfactions tend to get in massive debt very quickly, and I want them to be more aggressive.
    • I also added a line of fortifications on the north end of the Seleucid Empire to replicate what was probably there at the time.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Libertus

Default Re: Beta5 is alive!

You made my day!

Downloading now...
    Extended Realism Mod v4.0 for R:TW -- Latest BETA available here.

Great news for the best of RTW mod ��
    Download this asap

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Bug report:

Playing as Chremonidean League I took Chalkida from Macedon around 270BC, ever since taking the city sometimes the game will CTD when clicking on it.

GaivsSejanvs's Avatar Civis

I agree with the previous speaker! Great news!

I think I speak on behalf of all, that we're always glad to see, that works like this still alive! Keep it on Quinn!

Thanks, everyone!

I've updated the documentation with more Beta 5 detail. Just search the thread for "Beta 5" (no quotes) and you'll find a few things.

This isn't worthy of adding to the thread, but I finally added Sikel warriors. I'm weirdly happy about that. I just thought the island was incomplete without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Bug report:

Playing as Chremonidean League I took Chalkida from Macedon around 270BC, ever since taking the city sometimes the game will CTD when clicking on it.
    How interesting! There are no scripts that fire specifically on Chalkida, and as provinces go there's nothing unique to it. Building-wise, no traits should develop there that don't also develop in Athens, which you control from the start. Does it happen regardless of what units you have garrisoned there?
    Last edited by Quinn Inuit; July 02, 2016 at 12:00 PM.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    How interesting! There are no scripts that fire specifically on Chalkida, and as provinces go there's nothing unique to it. Building-wise, no traits should develop there that don't also develop in Athens, which you control from the start. Does it happen regardless of what units you have garrisoned there?
    I messed around more and I've found that it specifically happens when I try to click the recruitment tab. So possibly a unit related?

I messed around more and I've found that it specifically happens when I try to click the recruitment tab. So possibly a unit related?
    Almost certainly. Would you mind emptying out the garrison and trying it? I'd like to see if it's a unit stationed there or a unit recruitable there.

Update: I forgot to mention that I tested it and couldn't replicate, both with the Chrem. League and Macs.
    Last edited by Quinn Inuit; July 02, 2016 at 01:28 PM.

Files corrupted when extracting

Quote Originally Posted by Almughavars View Post
    Files corrupted when extracting
    That stinks. You probably got an incomplete download. Try again, or try the torrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    Almost certainly. Would you mind emptying out the garrison and trying it? I'd like to see if it's a unit stationed there or a unit recruitable there.

Update: I forgot to mention that I tested it and couldn't replicate, both with the Chrem. League and Macs.
    I moved my army out of the city and it was fine afterwards. I had a family member (faction heir), 1 unit of Spartan Hoplites, 2 units of Athenian Hoplites, 1 generic Hoplite, all upgraded to bronze level armor. I moved the family member back into the settlement and it crashed.

Anyways here is the latest save file:
    Autosave.rar

I moved my army out of the city and it was fine afterwards. I had a family member (faction heir), 1 unit of Spartan Hoplites, 2 units of Athenian Hoplites, 1 generic Hoplite, all upgraded to bronze level armor. I moved the family member back into the settlement and it crashed.

Anyways here is the latest save file:
    Thanks for uploading that. It's definitely your family member, and right-clicking him or doing anything that brings up his character scroll (which bringing up the recruitment screen of a city he's managing would do) is causing the game to behave very strangely. It's basically bringing up the battle screen UI while you're in the strat map.

I had to look that one up. I've never seen it before, but I think it's caused by an error I made while updating the traits in this beta. The new hotfix 2 should fix it: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...45509213133564

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Hi, do you want me to add the environment I made for the RTR Project to this mod?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Awesome! How did I not see this sooner!
    Last edited by isa0005; July 15, 2016 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxXxRazor.GodxXxXx View Post
    Hi, do you want me to add the environment I made for the RTR Project to this mod?
    Thank you for the offer, but I'm reasonably happy with the way heat and fatigue work at the moment in the ExRM, and it took me forever to get the climates the way that I like them. I think you have a great system, though.

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Awesome! How did I not see this sooner!
    Sorry, I haven't really been advertising. I'll do a PR push once we get a final version ready.

Nice short stories, BTW! That's what I do when I'm not modding, too.