Thread: which is better...

Default which is better...

3ds max or Gimp?:hmmm:

LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

rebel5555's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: which is better...

If you can afford 3dsmax get it. If not use the Gimp.
    "With all my devotion to the Union and the feeling of loyalty and duty of an American citizen, I have not been able to make up my mind to raise my hand against my relatives, my children, my home. I have therefore resigned my commission in the Army, and save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword....."
    Robert E. Lee

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

3ds max is used for 3d modelling. GIMP is sued for 2d texture editing. they're 2 different programs for 2 completely different uses.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

rebel5555's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    3ds max is used for 3d modelling. GIMP is sued for 2d texture editing. they're 2 different programs for 2 completely different uses.
    I didn't know that. Anyway if you can't afford 3dmax you can get GMAX for free. There are also several opensource modelling programs out there.
    "With all my devotion to the Union and the feeling of loyalty and duty of an American citizen, I have not been able to make up my mind to raise my hand against my relatives, my children, my home. I have therefore resigned my commission in the Army, and save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword....."
    Robert E. Lee