Thread: Making/editing historical events

Kallikratis's Avatar Miles

Default Making/editing historical events

How can i make or edit some of the historical events that occur within the game? Actually, where can i see what code changes does the Marius reform and disables the training of hastati and principes?

Default Re: Making/editing historical events

I believe thereīs an "event.txt" file in the campaign folder somewhere, there you should find after how many turns a certain event will happen.

As for the second question, thatīs in EDB, Hastati and Principes (along with all other pre-Marian units) have "AND NOT MARIAN_REFORM" or something like that in their recruitment requirements (the barrack building group)

And as for the unposted, but yet asked question: thereīs no way to recode the Marius Reform event. Itīll happen when the first Imperial Palace is built in a region with the Italy hidden resource.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

Kallikratis's Avatar Miles

Alright, but how can i create a similar to the Marian reforms event which should be required in EDB for certain units?

Can anybody answer his question?i want add Marian reforms too

Modify event & modify Marian reform are actually impossible ( it can be done, but it took more than year of work ...)

look to Hard coded section

In parte operis mei licet mihi praefari, bellum maxime omnium memorabile quae unquam gesta sint me scripturum, quod Hannibale duce Carthaginienses cum populo Romano gessere. Nam neque ualidiores opibus ullae inter se ciuitates gentesque contulerunt arma neque his ipsis tantum unquam uirium aut roboris fuit.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Kallikratis View Post
    Alright, but how can i create a similar to the Marian reforms event which should be required in EDB for certain units?
    I may be mistaken, but I think what you mean is how do you make a unit or units disappear after Marian Reforms?? So you can't recruit it?

you just add 'and not marian_reforms' after it. It should look like this:

recruit "greek hoplite" requires factions (greek_cities) and not marian_reforms

When the reforms occur, you will no longer be able to recruit this unit.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father