Thread: The Siege of Nuln

Default The Siege of Nuln

Hey guys, I used to write AARs way back in the M2 days but eventually real life got in the way, I've recently started getting back into it with my recent entry here, but in the intervening years I picked up 'video game photography' as a surrogate hobby.

Most of my stuff has been just for me, but I occasionally put some collections up on Reddit for other's to enjoy and when doing one on Kent in Charlemagne someone requested I post it over here. Never did, but I recently did one up for a CoOp campaign battle I fought with a friend and thought you guys might enjoy it. Anyways the reason for this backstory is I'm not sure if this fits here or should be in the screenshots forum, let me know!

So to catch you up on the campaign so far, he's playing as Bretonnia, I'm helming the empire, we're about 60 turns in and we have accomplished complete jack so far. Like nothing, I mean we've been playing coop together since Rome 2 and working together we steamroll every time regardless of difficulty. But this one man, it's been all about the Skullsmasherz and Skull-Takerz! I've had Eilhart sacked 3 times, and razed once, and also had Grunburg razed twice as well. I'm back to a 4 region 1 province empire finally now, but I'm way behind the game and we don't have long before Chaos comes. He's been able to Confederate Artois and we took down Bastonne together but now I've got problems in the south. The VC made nice with Templehof early and they both have scooped up the whole southern empire. Then they declared war on my oldest AI ally Karak Norn and I'm now up against a threat I am totally unprepared to face! Thankfully tho with all of the northern orcs finally wiped out my compatriot has been able to send his main army to support me. I've confederated what remains of Stirland and fired their hapless commander and put Balthazar in charge of their army, but when I went to confederate the remains of Wissenland I found they have a defensive alliance with the VC and they join the war against us the next turn.

What follows is the first battle on our new southern front, and it was quite the spectacle.

Enjoy!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: The Siege of Nuln

This was quite a spectacle, indeed! Thanks for the link to your story.

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Very dramatic!

Just read this! What a an amazing battle!!! So many live lost! I love the brutal, tragic feel, that it pitted Man vs Man in what is essentially a fight against the Vampire Counts and your closing words were spot on! This will have only strengthened Manfred

Oh and the phrase about the Greatswords "Beasting" vs the Sowrdsmen made me laugh out loud

Cheers

KA

Impressive battle and very good screenshots! Also, your campaign seems to be quite interesting. Turn 60 and still a sort-of Status Quo? That might make up for a good AAR on a campaign level.
    Perhaps you can do some more of these albums about battles from your campaign or about the campaign itself.
    Chronicles of Cimmeria - A Kimmerios Bosporos AAR (EB2)
    The Age of Peace - A TW: Warhammer Empire AAR
    Blood Red Eagle - The Sons of Lodbrok Invasion of Northumbrialand [complete]
    Machines - A Sci-Fi Short Story [complete]

Mercenary2479's Avatar Foederatus

Excellent work as always good sir. Your visual style truly does speak for itself. Thanks for delivering yet again an engaging and satisfying post to read.