Thread: Experienced MAPPER needed for M2TW FANTASY mod

BM309K58SMERCH's Avatar Centenarius

Icon1 Experienced MAPPER needed for M2TW FANTASY mod

Mod Name: Gensokyo: Total War
    A fantasy-themed mod based on the games and general universe of the Touhou Project (東方Project) and related materials. (Books, spinoffs...etc.)

Modder Type Needed: Mapper

Mapping the strat map is all that would be needed for now, but this would be difficult as there are no official/canonical maps of the series' setting. What is assumed is that the area is generally no larger than 50 km^2, the true challenge for the mapper to provide a very mountainous detailed terrain in such a small space that will not hinder gameplay mechanics.

Mod Progress: Just started. As soon as the map is done, then everything should be smooth sailing.

Mod Team Leader(s): BM309K58SMERCH
    One man mod is a tough job, mate.

Notes:
    -- Since there is no canonical map of the setting, interpretations are widespread. None of them are designed specifically for a Total War mod, so I made my own. I have a map is sketched out but I have difficulty mapping it (especially with the small scale), this is where the mapper comes in.
    -- The mapper doesn't need to know the lore or of the series beforehand. A brief summary of the setting will be provided upon acceptance of position.
    -- The mapper would have to provide a map of his own work (previous or current) as a proof of quality.
    -- PM me, post a visitor message, post here, e-mail, anything is okay.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Experienced MAPPER needed for M2TW FANTASY mod

Judging by pics like this it will be mostly forested. Not really helpful for game play as units\agents will be hidden by default. And fighting ambush battles in the forest is a real pain.
    Seeing that 8 factions would be involved it can't really be a small (200*200) map, but it depends on how many moves it should take to get across the map.
    That huge mountain will be unplayable, the game throws spanners on the battle field once you cross a certain height, and the elevated lake isn't possible the 'normal' way, nor is the waterfall.

A 'down from the top view' would be extremely helpful to determine if it is actually possible to accommodate\create all the mandatory elements of the game.