Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No trade from roads

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: No trade from roads

I suspect it is actually related specifically to changing the road building, rather than just any trade building, because of the way this feature works. What is actually happening internally is that the terrain just west of Dwarrowdelf is impassible, but its also set to have a road pass through it. When the West Gate is rebuilt ,which internally is a unique road type, the road 'overwrites' the impassible terrain, making it possible to move units through and opening up the ability to trade between Dwarrowdelf and OiE.

Unfortunately what seems to happen when saving and reloading is that while it remains possible to move units through there while calculating trade the game seems to only remember the original, impassible, terrain. It's very interesting that the OiE roads open up trade in the same way that the West Gate road does (question for testing, if you build OiE roads before the West Gate is built, does it open up the trade?) but I don't think it's going to help us solve the issue.
    Last edited by webba84; July 06, 2016 at 09:10 PM.

Here you can easily recreate the same situation (the last savegame is just before the roads are build):

Desktop.zip

EDIT: Just an idea, what about giving OiE a road building that can be built in 1 turn and make it destructable, so when the player opens the game he can destroy and rebuild the roads anew and thus resume the trade?
    Last edited by Arsaces II; July 07, 2016 at 02:07 AM.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Fairly certain that roads can't be made destroy able without serious issues. Not yet tried it myself though.

IIRC it's the "hinterland" tag that makes buildings indestructible; in theory, you could remove that from the road buildings and then be able to destroy them (probably in subsequent campaigns only). I have no idea what the consequences of that would be, though...
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12