Thread: Make unbreakable ally with a faction!

Default Make unbreakable ally with a faction!

Are you tired of becoming allies with a faction and 1-10 turns later they attack you? Yup i am too and it's pissing off. I usually play as the Macedon faction and i offer the Greeks an alliance and they accept it(sometimes not) and they attack me next turn either way.

There is a way to make allies with a faction and they will not attack you at all. Gives you their military access, trade rights as well. (As long as you don't attack them, they won't attack you too)

Go to the folder of the RTW game, then go to these next folders: 'data'>'world'>'maps'>'campaign'>'imperial_campaign'. And now go to the descr_strat file. Go to the bottom of the folder.

You can see the core_attitudes and faction_relationships at the bottom for every faction. I play with Macedon so i will show you an example of how to make allies with the Greek cities.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	337877
    This is Macedon. Make another space for one more in here.

Views:	34 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	337878
    Like this. In that space make it to look like this.

Views:	44 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	337879

Now that you're done here, go to bellow at faction_relationships and add another faction_relationships bellow the faction you wanna change(for me this time Macedon).

Views:	39 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	337880
    I added faction_relationships macedon, 0 greek_cities here.

Now you can go to the game after this.

Views:	32 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	337881

I hope this helped, you can do this to every faction you think on playing with. If you do this don't be a traitor and attack your ally

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Make unbreakable ally with a faction!

moved to the proper forum
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    moved to the proper forum
    Oh i didn't see i was posting this to the Medieval II: Total War forum, thank you for moving it thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Macedonian_Lord View Post
    Oh i didn't see i was posting this to the Medieval II: Total War forum, thank you for moving it thought.
    Great tutorial bro, thank you

UPDATE: What i forgot to mention was you need to change the core_attitudes and faction_relationships for the faction you're making allies with.

So at this point, i go to the greek_cities and change their core_attitudes and faction_relationships to be friends with macedon.

Sorry for not bringing that up on the thread.