Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gameplay tester Feedback

Default Re: Gameplay tester Feedback

Bug I found. Master of the dead doesn't seem to be working on units raised with the raise dead spell

As for suggestions. On the table top there is a rule called Look out sir! and in effect it gives a lord or hero a chance to have the unit they are in bedded in take damage instead themselves. I feel like a version of this could be added to the game to help with the disparity in survivability between lords on monstrous mounts and lords on foot. A simple way to implement it would be to give lords a ward save as long as they are within a certain distance of a unit of the same type so on foot would be with infantry and on horse back would with a cav unit while fliers and monstrous mounts would simply have the HP increase.

nnnm's Avatar Senator

I built an Armoury but still can't recruit dismounted Reiksguard ... is that normal ?? it say I have max number yet I don't have any of them ...

I am also having the skaeling ctd when loading up the battle map, it also seems to be the same when the varg attack.

Edit: It does appear to be related to the faction leaders of both factions. Loading battles that do not involve either leader work fine, but when fighting the leader's army there's a consistent CTD.
    Last edited by Hewitt; July 07, 2016 at 03:27 AM.

I like the idea of this mod and lots of very good mechanics and changes, but i faced bugs, crashes, glithces in first hour of gameplay. First of all unit info shows wrong stats. Units stuck in each other atleast orcs. Moving slowsly looks unnatural. Icons of many units doesnt tell us anything about units they represent. My game crashed after custom battle orcs vs empire. I dont have blood and gore and beastmans dlcs, mb thats the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandor11 View Post
    I like the idea of this mod and lots of very good mechanics and changes, but i faced bugs, crashes, glithces in first hour of gameplay. First of all unit info shows wrong stats. Units stuck in each other atleast orcs. Moving slowsly looks unnatural. Icons of many units doesnt tell us anything about units they represent. My game crashed after custom battle orcs vs empire. I dont have blood and gore and beastmans dlcs, mb thats the problem?
    Once we have updated for latest DLC, you could check again. However, crashes and glitches sound like something is majorly wrong. To my knowledge, all units show the correct stats, no units get stuck. Some of the ui tags (ie like fast moving for example) need some work, but we ATM have more work then we can handle just keeping up with the new DLC. Seeing as I own all the DLC, that could indeed contribute to your problems (as every DLC we add/modify files from it).

After testing the mod today, I didn't encounter any bugs except cavalry formations getting awkward when activating "loose spacing".
    Major complaint here, though: My 2000 men strong army just got obliterated (!!!) by an army of 750 savage orcs. They lost 200 while I lost 1500. Even in the bloodiest battles I fought so far, at most half the loosing side's army is dead (which I like a lot). Sooo ... savage orcs might need a serious rebalance! I don't know if this applies to other orcs as well, as I have never faced them.
    Since you seem inactive atm, I'll change the stats a bit myself for now, I've got some experience in modding total war games.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMarekle View Post
    After testing the mod today, I didn't encounter any bugs except cavalry formations getting awkward when activating "loose spacing".
    Major complaint here, though: My 2000 men strong army just got obliterated (!!!) by an army of 750 savage orcs. They lost 200 while I lost 1500. Even in the bloodiest battles I fought so far, at most half the loosing side's army is dead (which I like a lot). Sooo ... savage orcs might need a serious rebalance! I don't know if this applies to other orcs as well, as I have never faced them.
    Since you seem inactive atm, I'll change the stats a bit myself for now, I've got some experience in modding total war games.
    Depends on what you mean by unbalanced. Our orc's are based on what we consider what would really happen. A 80kg man vs a 500kg orc (or 1000kg+ for biguns) would be a massacre almost every time. In a straight up melee fight, you will indeed get slaughter. Human are physically weak, and you need to get some of their tech going. In particular, their artillery is awesome. That said, savage orc's are even worse then normal orc in this regard (some of the toughest fights I ever had were during early human campaigns when those savage orc hordes came around early). As the human progress, the threat they pose does lessen.

Another point. Orc's do have fairly low morale (comparatively), so getting them to flee can help. Also, savage orc are quite susceptible to ranged attacks (though they do charge in fast), so especially in the early battles, its a real micro work over.

I spent the last ten days changing your mod completely and am now on the brink of finishing this submod of mine representing what I deem realistic. I'll upload it with a description shortly which will address things like these further (already asked for permission on steam, I'm MattoFrank).
    But here I'll just briefly compare "my" human swordsmen with "my" savage orcs.

Human:
    50HP (like all humans)
    60 Leadership (well trained soldiers like all imperials)
    60 melee attack (50 base for trained soldiers +10 from swords)
    60 melee defence (50 base for trained soldiers +10 from shield)
    25 weapon damage (sword), attack interval 4 (like all one-handed weapons)
    50 armour (30 plate harness +20 metal shield)
    30% shield block chance for missiles (infantry with small shield)
    10 charge bonus (all infantry with rare exceptions)

Savage Orc:
    70HP (like all orcs) --> This means that an orc will go down not after 2-3 hits with a sword/arrows to the knee, but after 4-5, which in real world terms about means that they go on fighting even after getting a sword stuck in their guts, at which point a human would collapse and probably die. Also, they can survive bullets, which no human can (bullets do 50AP dmg). They are not supernatural, though, and thus don't have about 120HP which you gave them.
    70 leadership (not sure about this one, I'm recounting values from my head) --> orcs are pretty fearless actually
    75 melee attack (70 base for savage orcs +5 axe)
    35 melee defence (30 base for savage orcs +5 axe) --> normal orcs have 60 base attack and 40 defence. 50/50 is my standard for someone who knows how to fight, but since orcs are less focused on parrying blows and more on landing ones, even if this means neglecting their guard, 10 defence are shifted to attack. Savage orcs go even further at this, so they receive a 20-sized shift.
    30 weapon damage (25 base for axe +5 for orc), attack interval 2.5 (like all dual-wielded weapons).
    0 armour (duh), but 10% damage reduction from all sources (magic blue paint).
    20 charge bonus (these are one of the exceptions)

I'll talk about all this in detail in the description for my mod, but I really put a lot of thought into every aspect and also spent a lot of time testing everything and the result is really really satisfying.
    Last edited by DesMarekle; February 19, 2017 at 09:28 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12