Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Play as Spain

Default Let's Play as Spain

Last edited by MarshallEdin; July 01, 2016 at 02:57 AM.

Default Re: Let's Play as Spain

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

New version of mod with better ship morale and new naval morale rules and lower Ai stubborness with be easier to get peace.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

moved to the Empire AAR forum
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

The AI factions seem to be very active, with attacks by Britain and Morocco - and it looks as if Louisiana are sending an army somewhere. This looks like a challenging campaign, with wars against so many countries. Hopefully the peace agreements you made with several countries will help Spain.

Good chapter, I am interested to see whether Spain can survive, based in Amsterdam instead of Madrid - and under attack from a nearby nation. I also look forward to finding out whether your depleted army in Florida can hold off the second wave of attackers.

Last edited by MarshallEdin; November 30, 2016 at 01:34 PM.

It's incredible to see the situations of Genoa and Savoy in this campaign. Your Spanish empire in northern Europe seems to be thriving despite the attacks from the British navy and your rivals on land. While it is good to see smaller factions such as Morocco and Bavaria being so active, I imagine that it is frustrating to see Ottoman turn lag, especially this early in a campaign - I hope that this problem will not prevent you from continuing this enjoyable campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    It's incredible to see the situations of Genoa and Savoy in this campaign. Your Spanish empire in northern Europe seems to be thriving despite the attacks from the British navy and your rivals on land. While it is good to see smaller factions such as Morocco and Bavaria being so active, I imagine that it is frustrating to see Ottoman turn lag, especially this early in a campaign - I hope that this problem will not prevent you from continuing this enjoyable campaign.
    Nothing will stop me now. It's a really fun campaign. Thanks for following this campaign.

Last edited by MarshallEdin; December 13, 2016 at 11:58 AM.

It's great to see your campaign going so well. I enjoyed your use of artillery against Austria in the first battle of episode 13 - the moment when the enemy are advancing, and it looks as if your artillery hit several units at once, is a good one. (Similarly, there was an incredible moment during the siege battle, when artillery destroy an outer bastion of a star fort while infantrymen were still fighting on it.)

As you said, a successful battle can be quite relaxing - while a battle against a much larger army, such as the difficult defensive siege battle in episode 13, can be very different. I wonder if you would like to zoom in closer occasionally, during crucial moments in battles (for example, to show the improved DarthMod textures)?

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    It's great to see your campaign going so well. I enjoyed your use of artillery against Austria in the first battle of episode 13 - the moment when the enemy are advancing, and it looks as if your artillery hit several units at once, is a good one. (Similarly, there was an incredible moment during the siege battle, when artillery destroy an outer bastion of a star fort while infantrymen were still fighting on it.)

As you said, a successful battle can be quite relaxing - while a battle against a much larger army, such as the difficult defensive siege battle in episode 13, can be very different. I wonder if you would like to zoom in closer occasionally, during crucial moments in battles (for example, to show the improved DarthMod textures)?
    Here, some zoomed in moments, just for you

Your Spanish empire seems to be unstoppable, despite the British attack in Iceland. The desperate defence of the fort there reminds me that smaller battles can be some of the most exciting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast