Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: "Byzantine Empire" HIGH and LATE ERA units

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: "Byzantine Empire" HIGH and LATE ERA units

Very nice

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: "Byzantine Empire" HIGH and LATE ERA units

Hmmm, are the tunics worn by the late-era Byzantine Cavalry are actually the Ottoman tunic models for late-era Turkish light units? Because there is an Attila tunic model with wide lapels perfect to be retextured into Ottoman tunics.

Quote Originally Posted by Styl2000 View Post
    Lastly, was any progress in a land Greek Fire unit ether by you or any one else? I searched every where on the internet and I couldn't find anything!
    The wall-mounted Siphon are already in the mod since previous release. Very short range, so the uses are very limited (but insta-burns siege towers)

I don't think cheirosiphon would be in the mod (there is technical difficulty to produce a stream for land siphons, but squirt is possible). Huo Qiang on another hand, are being work-tested.
    Last edited by You_Guess_Who; February 07, 2017 at 09:04 PM.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

The tunics with yellow and red lining are the vanilla soghdian model, rerigged and removed the mail part and extended the sleeve part . The textures used are actual 14th and 15th century italian silk textures to represent trade and good relations with Genoa for example.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    The tunics with yellow and red lining are the vanilla soghdian model, rerigged and removed the mail part and extended the sleeve part . The textures used are actual 14th and 15th century italian silk textures to represent trade and good relations with Genoa for example.
    I mean, try /armour/att_cha_overcoat. It looks like a good base for turkish tunic. Consider it as a buttoned-down version of the turquoise and blue tunics worn by the late byz late cav

Styl2000's Avatar Libertus

I don't think cheirosiphon would be in the mod (there is technical difficulty to produce a stream for land siphons, but squirt is possible). Huo Qiang on another hand, are being work-tested.
    even a squirt cheirosiphon would be really good. If it is possible i'd love to see it in the near future. Also what is the Huo Qiang and how will use them?

Quote Originally Posted by Styl2000 View Post
    even a squirt cheirosiphon would be really good. If it is possible i'd love to see it in the near future. Also what is the Huo Qiang and how will use them?
    Chinese firelances for Dontfearme's Mongol factions. I can work on a squirt cheirosiphon projectile, but for whether it'll be on the mod or not that's up to Ltd.

Artifex

Nice innovations

I love that the scutatoi spearmen have long spears not these ridiculus short spears they have in most mods!

Styl2000's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    Chinese firelances for Dontfearme's Mongol factions. I can work on a squirt cheirosiphon projectile, but for whether it'll be on the mod or not that's up to Ltd.
    Oh, OK thank you vary much, it would be really appreciated

Could you do pls also the Catalan Company as A mercenary Unit good work as usually we need more mercenaries do get a feeling for the Byzantine empire

maxstill's Avatar Semisalis

Nice , the cavalry looks absolutely amazing, by far the most realistic depiction I have ever seen , although considering they might advance to even later periods, do you think we can also have some half-plate armors on them , I know the original greek "Klivanion" (I must have butchered the spelling) was a base for the later ottoman mirror ottoman armor, which as far as I know can be classified as half-plate. Than again, there is no historical basis for this, after all the Roman Empire did not survive up to that point.
    Also as a small side-note , the name of the faction will be the proper one I hope, the "Byzantine" term is just a modern conception, but I guess every one already knows that so sorry if I just alerted Captain Obvious.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Thank you for your opinions, I do appreciate it. The nobles have both a high / tier 2 and late / tier 3 ready at this point. Historically they may or may not have worn advanced plate suits like the nobles further to the west, and I gave them plate leg and arm protection, but I also wanted to keep the traditional "byzantine" feel to them to avoid having yet another plated unit who is indistinguishable in their attire from the west.
    I did redo the anglovarangoi unit for the tier 3 as well though, which are now far more armoured and more western looking than before (not full plate though)

These units really are beautiful, cant wait to play them.

Btw can someone explain to me what the difference between Varangian Guards and Anglovarangoi is. I know who the Varangian Guards are, but Ive never heard of Anglovarangoi outside of this mod, not doubting you guys or anything, just curious.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

They are pretty much the same, meaning they fulfil the same role, but while the earlier guard was mainly set up by Scandinavians (not exclusively ofc) , the later guard , 14th century and very early 15th century guard was mainly set up by Englishmen

Artifex

Can the heavy archers from high tier 2 use the large round shield in melee!?

Artifex

Some difference between the high Scoutatoi swords and spears wouldn't have hurt... I suggest better equipped Scutatoi swords for melee and perhaps a westernised late version of Paramonai with partial plate and tower shields, last defenders of the walls of Constantinople. The Cretans as well... and heavily armoured mixed swords-bowmen and tower shield spearmen-bowmen. Plus mixed native and foreigner troops.

Including full plate spearmen, crossbowmen etc.

That is a really good idea

Artifex

Yeah thx... also byzantine latinikon (hungarians tier 2 french tier 3) morean latinikon (burgundians) morean units specific trapezuntian and westernized catalunian aragonian navaresse sicillian and napolitan units for epirus thessaly achea... athens and neopatria... some amolgavar nobility still overlords in parts of moreea and loyal to constantinople.... many mercs and allied western troops especially from venice rome england... also "venetian" cretans... as since nicopolis venice genoa lombardy provided both naval units and knights... well hospitallers navaresse english french bohemian holy roman nobles most likely left out after the disaster from the end of the 14th century but they still sent mercs the catalunian and navaresse comanies... anyway a aor system with regiments of renown in the Balkans including The reminded companies order of the dragon mercs german italian mercs albanian metcs would solve this bulgarian serbian metcs both knights and hussars probably brigands as well militia troops of the kleftes types that formed resistance fighters in the mountains of thessaly Peloponnese maniots karamanids rebel seljuks turkomans cumans vardariotai paramonai cav and inf vlach cav

Oh yes very imp the arvanites immigrants!!!!@

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast